PDA

View Full Version : Out in public for the first time

Emma England
08-28-2006, 01:32 PM
Hi everyone.

Today is a bank holiday in the UK, which means most people get a day off.
Traditionally that used to mean time at the beach. For me today, it was shopping with a difference.

The preparation:

After shaving my legs on Saturday evening with a razor (still store on some parts :( ) went over them again with an electric shaver. Having smooth legs are wonderful!! :D Then moisturized them, then put some foundation on to cover up some of the red spots that Nair gave me about a month ago.
The price of beauty eh?

A close facial shave with some moisturizer and foundation to follow, mascara, eyeshadow, lipstick.

Put on an ordinary white/grey/yellow mans shirt, with an above the knee denim skirt. Some footsies and shoes.

This was the first time I was going to wear a skirt in public. I love the denim one, as I wear it quite a bit at home. So I knew I would be nervous.

Drove to my local town for shopping (10 miles away from where I live, so everyone is a stranger).

Out:

Headed for the shops (about a 10 min walk from where I park my car) on the lookout for some more skirts, a cami, and some shoes. Waiting for the strange looks, abuse etc etc.

What happened? I walked as normal. The good thing was no strange looks, no comments. I felt freedom for once in my life to be able to choose my own clothes with no hassle :D

Went to Debenhams for shoes, and asked for a size 8 (that is what I have in mens). The black 2 inch high heels were what I wanted, but just too small. And they don't stock larger sizes :sad: Looks like shoes are going to be a tricky find.

Then went to Warehouse. Picked out a dark kakhi type of color skirt (for £5!!), a black 3/4 length gypsy style skirt which has a ribbed pattern at the top with black lace on the pleats (again for £5!!), and a cream camisole (for £6).

I asked the sales lady whether it was ok for me to try them on. No strange looks or comments. She took me to the fitting room, and asked me to wait as there were a couple of ladies in there already. When they finished, I went in, and was treated just like any other female customer.

I had to buy the cami in a larger size, but still bought the three items.
For £16, it was a good price (I actually said that to the lady as she was checking me out, and also said I would be back - her reply was that she hoped so).

Back down a busy high street. At the time of going home, a football match had just ended. I was walking towards dozens of males. I thought surely there would be nasty comments or cheeky whistles etc.
What happened? I was just another person on the street.

I do not yet have breastforms, (although hopefully soon), so I didn't wear a bra. A bra with a flat chest would have looked silly. So I assume everyone could tell I was a guy. I would like to be able to pass one day, but what happened today proves that it is not essential at all.

I feel good now. What is the big deal about getting dressed enfemme? Nothing really. My confidence has improved. My skirts will be seeing more sunlight from now on!! :heehee: :D :D

Valerie West
08-28-2006, 01:46 PM
I for one, am proud of you. BRAVO!!!:thumbsup: :happy:

Richelle
08-28-2006, 02:07 PM
Good for you. It is so much fun to be out and about shipping

Richelle

amberwish
08-28-2006, 03:07 PM
congratulations!! i hope my first time out goes half as good as yours. mine will be a lot sooner than later.:happy: ive got almost everything i would need.

again congratulations:thumbsup:

Sexy_kavya26
08-28-2006, 03:40 PM
Kudos for doing First step .

I love jeans skirt too . but it is designed with flowerly ? i love embroided design in the jeans . wish i could do same .

Thinking of doing with jean pant with back zip and white satin skirt with girl boot and eyeshadow like yours. now i got courage after seen ur post .

enjoy !!

Charleen
08-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Sounds like a terrific outing, If you'll forgive the expression. Also sounds like you "passed" to me! Love and xxxx, lily

Calliope
08-28-2006, 03:46 PM
I do not yet have breastforms, (although hopefully soon), so I didn't wear a bra. A bra with a flat chest would have looked silly. So I assume everyone could tell I was a guy. I would like to be able to pass one day, but what happened today proves that it is not essential at all.

Right on for you! Great 1st time, plenty more to follow I bet.

I've no time for breastforms, too artificial - besides the sexiest gal I ever knew was totally flatchested and she rocked my dreams, waking & sleeping, anyway. Also: I want my skin to feel the clothes.

Just be who you feel you are, sister.

Bravo for you!

Myst
08-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Sounds like it was a wonderful day and a great first-time out! It's these kinds of adventures that really, really make me want to go out too. I'm feeling that the day is near.

So good for you, Emma England! Way to go! Yeah!

-Myst-

Phoebe Reece
08-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Way to go Emma! Stories like this are an inspiration to others to try it.

angelfire
08-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Right on for you! Great 1st time, plenty more to follow I bet.

I've no time for breastforms, too artificial - besides the sexiest gal I ever knew was totally flatchested and she rocked my dreams, waking & sleeping, anyway. Also: I want my skin to feel the clothes.

Just be who you feel you are, sister.

Bravo for you!

One of the most attractive women I have known personally was flat chested too.

And it sounds like you had a great outting. Congrats!

KarenSusan
08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Congratulations, Emma!!!

Myst
08-28-2006, 10:14 PM

The idea of breastforms is great to make you look more feminine, but I'm with you, Daytripper about the feel of the clothes on the skin. I've never actually tried breastforms before - I would given the chance - but I'm willing to bet that it wouldn't feel natural.

Sandra
08-29-2006, 04:39 AM
Yay good for you Emma, :).

Try Evans for shoes.

RachelDenise
08-29-2006, 04:44 AM
What a wonderful day! I'm sure you'll want to do it again after that kind of day!

Deidra Cowen
08-29-2006, 05:28 AM
You really did well and I am gald you had fun!

Frances1
08-29-2006, 06:20 AM
You are so brave. Not just walking down the street but trying on clothes and talking to shop assistants. Did they really notice you were not a GG?

Frances :rose2:

Emma England
08-29-2006, 06:37 AM
Kudos for doing First step .

I love jeans skirt too . but it is designed with flowerly ? i love embroided design in the jeans . wish i could do same .

Thinking of doing with jean pant with back zip and white satin skirt with girl boot and eyeshadow like yours. now i got courage after seen ur post .

enjoy !!

They are plain with no flowers on. That is my first preference.
Maybe I should go shopping for flowery ones as well then?

Well, if you are encouraged, then go ahead. Hope you will have a simialar experience to me.

Emma England
08-29-2006, 06:43 AM
You are so brave. Not just walking down the street but trying on clothes and talking to shop assistants. Did they really notice you were not a GG?

Frances :rose2:

Whether sales assistants notice or not, their job is to be friendly and polite. If rude, I would then not go back to them. A professional sales assitant will get repeated custom.

I am sure they noticed anyway. Even with a small amount of makeup on, I still have a male face, and no boobs, and a deeper voice - they are all giveaway signs.

Brave? All I want is to be treated like any other shopper, which was what happened.