PDA

View Full Version : Are you feeling too old for this?

Sky
08-28-2006, 03:10 PM
I know that true beauty is inside. Ok, one thing is to know it, but perhaps I don't really believe it. The thing is, I am getting more and more unable to cope with growing old as a cd. It was one thing to dress up when I was 20, in a way it was still great in my 30s (maybe better because of the increased experience) but I find it harder to enjoy being a 40-something cd, simply because my body is not the same. I am somehow blessed with a no-wrinkles, moderately androginous face, but still the difference with what it used to be is painfully obvious. I know many of you girls are perfectly happy with what you are -and I warmly congratulate you for that- but my question is, are there other girls who are thinking of quitting because what used to be fun is turning out to be a burden? (that would be me)

Ashley in Virginia
08-28-2006, 03:58 PM
I plan on dying long before I get old.

Eugenie
08-28-2006, 04:09 PM
I like the expression "Life is a package deal". Being a "woman" is like that too... I feel that way for my desire to be as much a woman as I can. I want to become an old lady (I'm not in a hurry though:D ) Actually I am already a mature "women", turning 60 in a few days...

Psychologically I feel a lot better about my x-dressing now than 10 years ago... nd much more than twenty or thirty years ago. The only thing I miss is the beautiful curly long hair I had then :rolleyes:

But, no, I don't plan to quit x-dressing, not at all :happy:
:hugs:
Eugenie

KarenSusan
08-28-2006, 04:17 PM
I agree with Eugenie. I am 60 and I don't think I could stop even if I wanted to. One nice thing about growing old is that you are not under so much
public scrutiny as you are when you are younger.

Charleen
08-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Aging happens! The key is to age gracefully. I'm 55. Look 65. I am more Lily now then ever. Would I like to look like I did at 20? D@MN RIGHT! But I'm who I am, look like I do, and live with it, and am starting to really enjoy life as Lily. Love and xxxx, Lily

Calliope
08-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Personally, I'm glad to get most of the sex jazz behind me - plus us old broads aren't especially expected to be polite.

Power to the people!

Sarah Rabbit
08-28-2006, 04:46 PM
I think Karensusan nailed it. We won't be under so much scrutiny. Espcially the Young GG's. Maybe then I will have the confidence to go out en-femme. That I am looking forward to:happy:

Sarah R. :bunny:

Teresa Amina
08-28-2006, 05:11 PM
I wasted my youth hiding from all this so I'll just enjoy being a classy old broad now

Georgina
08-28-2006, 05:15 PM
I don't see anything wrong with being a tranny granny, won't have to shave as often. Growing older doesn't mean growing less attractive. Georgina.

Eileen
08-28-2006, 05:16 PM
Sky it is the way you feel, not your age that counts. As I get older, I feel more and more like a real woman. I want to love and enjoy the feeling.

Eileen

Shiny
08-28-2006, 05:18 PM
I am 49, pushing 50 which I can't believe I might add but as long as I keep expanding my wardrobe and trying to look my best I go with it! I am not a teenager anymore, no more micro-minis and fishnets these days but it's a bit of a buzz to start thinking of "older" women's fashions and then find they still wear real nylons, real girdles etc... So maybe it's not all bad! But I still keep the stiletto heels!

nikkinuv
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM
i often worry that i'm too old...but then, if i enjoy dressing, what does it matter..?

Charleen
08-28-2006, 05:53 PM
i often worry that i'm too old...but then, if i enjoy dressing, what does it matter..?

AMEN, SISTER!

Jodi
08-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I sign up for social security before my next birthday. I certainly don't feel it. Yes, I wish I had had the confidence to do what I am doing today when I was in my 20's. Young cd's today take it for granted that they can pop on the internet and find out anything they want to get. Was not the case 40-50 years ago. We had to work through our feelings by ourselves. The only advice I would have for the younger folk is to enjoy the moment today when you can dress as you want to. Enjoy the youthful appearance. Because--it won't last forever.

Jodi

Sharon
08-28-2006, 06:14 PM
You know what they say -- I ain't getting older, I'm getting better. Truth is, I really feel that way.

Toyah
08-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Not too far off 50 here and dont think at the moment going to try to go past it I cannot see the point of being my mother.

ChristineRenee
08-28-2006, 06:25 PM
I wasted my youth hiding from all this so I'll just enjoy being a classy old broad nowAmen to that sis!:thumbsup::D

Cassie Cas
08-28-2006, 06:27 PM
I think if it makes u feel good do it.

Gretchen
08-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I am just beginning my sixth decade and am enjoying the heck out of my CDing.
It's not like I have been doing this all my life, because I "resumed" my love affair with women's clothes and dressing about 18 months ago. I had not done any significant dressing other than an occasional pair of pantyhose (maybe once a year) for 44+ yrs. Can't say for sure why not other than there was a lot of denial, a lot of will power and somehow the thought that this was just a fetish.
I have accepted the fact that this is something I will always have a desire to do, sometimes more frequently than others. It is part of me and the expansion of my acceptance level is a rather intriguing journey.
Gretchen

Lanore
08-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Like a natural born woman, I too went through changes in the years. The only difference, I was born male. I knew I was different around 7 years old. Now that I'm in my fifties, I see where I came from and where I am now. I know what I like to wear and how I like to look. There is so much to choose from, so I blend in and not stand out. When in the male world I'm a woman inside ,wearing womans cloths. From when I get up to when I go to bed, I'm female. Not trapped in a male body, just share it. Have I ever thought about giving it up? Not even a thought.

Lanore

Karren H
08-28-2006, 06:55 PM
never too old.....I'm 54 and going to continue till I die......or run out of money...hehehe

Love Karren

nikkinuv
08-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Giving up is not an option...to me this is part of me...I had to deal with it, as did others who know me...

I've come to far now...

Barbarb Nicole Kays
08-28-2006, 07:03 PM
This is a first for me,but being a 58 year old, I find that dressing is so much easier now then it was at 20. So many more things and time to do it all.

Joyce1702
08-28-2006, 07:08 PM
I'm 53 and in many ways just getting started. I don't foresee quitting anytime soon, if ever.

Joyce

Joy Carter
08-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Fifty seven on Friday and I will be stepping out here shortly for the first time with my gal pal Teresa. Never too old to start I say.:D

Sweet Marie
08-28-2006, 07:14 PM
First of all I want to say "Hello" to everyone. This is my first post. I have been reading this forum for about two weeks and have been most impressed by the compassion you show for each other. I hope I can do this forum justice.

I am going on 60 and find that my face is rounder "as is the rest of me" and I tend to blend in more easily than I did 15 years ago; although, I have done much to improve my "look". I also am much more confortable with who I am.

I think the comfort level is 90% of feeling good about going out.

Just a little more about me. I am married to my second wife who knew all about me going into the marriage although she did not see me dressed as a female until about six months afterwards. I dress my age; even with grey colored wigs. This is who I am. My family knows as does my pastor..who does not judge me for my CDing.

Well, enough for know.

Sejd
08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi Sky
what do you see when you look into that mirror? Are you looking at yourself with wonder and amazement as to what an incredible human being you are or are you looking with the critical self defeating look which only sees an old man dressed as a woman? You know, it's all up to your inner heart to decide. I just vistited a friend today who suffers from Parkinson disease. He has no choise about how he shakes his hands and arms. And still, when I enter the room , this man ( who used to be a fighter pilot) breaks out into a smile. Maybe you should look into that mirror and smile and feel the all the joy you have by being who you are.
Sejd

nikkinuv
08-28-2006, 07:31 PM
That's a great post Sejd...

dancer1
08-28-2006, 07:35 PM
I'am 45 and what i have felt as a 20 year old i didnt have the finacial resorses to fund what i can now and the fashion has change in my favor.:love: Nadeen

bobinguilford
08-28-2006, 08:48 PM
If you think 40 is bad try 65. Never came out but would lve to do it before I get put in a box. Have a lot going for me, very slim, not hairy and look younger (my feeling) However it would take a lot of work, most of which I don't have a clue how to do. Have the cash but am to embarresed to go to one of those "places"

Rachel Morley
08-28-2006, 08:56 PM
Phew! I know I couldn't possibly give up....I'd be so misrable. As for aging and not looking very pretty any more...well this is an oportunity to show empathy with women all over the world. The pressures and expectations they have put on them from TV, commercials, and beauty standards is enormous. See it as being "more of a woman" :happy:

DAVIDA
08-28-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm 50 ,250lbs, the ritis family has set up camp in every joint in my body,already had one knee replaced, and probably will never be seen as a woman. But the thing is, this is me no matter how old or what the ailment. If dressing in womens clothing were a hobby, I would have quit a long time ago. As others have said " I AM WHO I AM"

Jennaie
08-28-2006, 10:50 PM
Like any woman, I do the best I can to look as good as I can for my age. I'm 5"7.5" tall, I weigh 137. It took a lot of work and diet to get down to that weight. I am still working on my waistline. I want to look good, but that is not the whole of why I dress.

I come home from a stressfull day and I slip into my female attire, nothing sexy, just jeans and a tee with my forms, hip and butt enhancer, wig, no makup and heels. Suddenly, I get relaxed. The stress seems to leave me and I feel good. I feel comfortable with the person I see in the mirror.

Perhaps if I dressed for sexual reasons, this would be different, but I dress because of the way it makes me feel inside.

Yes, I would love to be young and beautiful, but what 50 year old woman would'nt?

windycissy
08-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Sure I wish I was still young enough to be hot, but I have so much more self-confidence about my dressing now, and I doubt if I could have passed so easily when I was less sure of myself. One thing that crossdressing has encouraged me to do is excercise and watch my weight, so I'm in better shape now than I've been in years. And I love the look of conservative fashions, like Talbot's and Ann Taylor, which are so lovely to wear. As a guy, I find a mature women in a skirt or dress, stockings and heels much more appealing than a young chick in torn jeans, and it thrills me to dress up that way.

KarenXDR
08-28-2006, 11:42 PM
...it's not my business to say this, but might there be other concernces - such as depression which I have had to deal with in the last year (prescriptions)

No, I don't have the immediate erection when dressing - but it's not far behind!!

Lipstick kisses

Karen

ReginaK
08-29-2006, 12:10 AM
I feel too old and i'm not even old yet. It was so much more fun I when was little. I could actually fit in all the cute little clothes.

Stephenie S
08-29-2006, 12:28 AM
How nice to see EVERYONE in agreement.

I too am "mature" (don't even THINK of asking), and I am having the time of my life. Just LOVEING it!! Would I like to be 20 again? You bet. But I can't. So I don't dwell on it at all. I can't remember ever being this happy.

The freedom to be myself is the most wonderful thing I have ever experienced. The one thing I would say to all who still are 20 is to live life like there is no tomorrow. Life goes by in a flash. You really, really, don't want to find it over and not have done what you wanted to do. DO IT girls. PLEASE!

Lovies,
Stephenie

Khriss
08-29-2006, 01:45 AM
... I still have dreams..and age has'nt diminished them... :eek: :D xx"K"

Kate Simmons
08-29-2006, 03:47 AM
Hang up my wigs and BF's? You kidding? I'm 45 (okay,okay 59) years young. I'm just getting started here and as Teresa said can probably get away with more. Wouldn't trade this for anything. Every day is a new adventure of self discovery. Grim reaper is gonna have to chase me cause I'm not "easy pickin's" and will fight it to the last. Ericka Kay

Felicia
08-29-2006, 04:11 AM
This is a great question. And there are already many great answers to it. As for me, I am 70 and this still gets better with age. After I retired I was able for the first time in my life to be able to dress when and as long as I wished. So the golden years have yet another advantage. (HUG) Felicia

Marla S
08-29-2006, 04:48 AM
A very good question, indeed.
Because I am middle aged (40) and learned about the full splendidness of being a CD just recently, I miss my "youth" a bit. Some items I like just look a bit odd in my age, which is a bit frustrating sometimes. And I am afraid a bit what the future will bring.
On the other side, if made tastefull, CDing makes younger and I see no need to dress granny like even in granny age.
This age-approriate-dressing is questionable anyway. Type-approriate-tastefull probably is a better guide.
Other than that, the awareness of the ageing problem is the price to feel fem, as I think women in general have a bit more issues with ageing than men.
And to be serious: Didn't we go through bigger troubles on the way to accept ourselves, than ageing can provide ?

RachelDenise
08-29-2006, 04:54 AM
I think as we get older things do change. For me, as I got into my mid-forties, it was the realization that I wasn't ever going to be a woman. Career, family, too big, too hairy, too scared. But that doesn't mean I've given up either. I dress when I can, think feminine as much as possible, and continue to become the person I want to be.

Cathy J
08-29-2006, 05:20 AM
Old. Schmold!

Heck, I'm pushing 75 and I've never felt better about my CD'ing. I just wish we had E-Bay in the "Good old days". What a resource!!

Love to all and keep on chooglin'

suanne
08-29-2006, 05:48 AM
Great Thread. I turned 60 a few days ago. At this stage of my life I feel better about who I am and understanding more about Suanne. I am comfortable with being a cd for the first time in my life. (Thanks in part to this forum.) I am still very much in the closet with my peers and family. It must be that way. But things are much more relaxed around the house with the wife at work (she works days and I nights) and the children grown up and on there own. I enjoy just being around the house as Suanne. I only dress for my pleasure and enjoyment. It takes a lot of pressure off not trying to fool anybody or be something I am not. (A girl) I just enjoy dressing like one and wear any style of clothes I want. To me age is just another part of life that must be enjoyed, expected and accepted. After all, you can't do a thing to stop it.

Suanne

Janailene
08-29-2006, 06:13 AM
I agree with those who say "never too old". I am now into my 60's and enjoying being myself. I recently had a medical problem and realized that I have to enjoy myself while I can. That is when I started CDing again after 5 years.

When a teenager I went out as Janice frequently. I took the dog for walks and went around our town just blending into the crowd. In my 20,s I had to find out if I was TS or Cd. To me there seems to be a blending of the two. For a while I lived as Janice only to realize that I was not a woman, but a man who enjoys dressing as one. I also had difficulty in my 40's as styles change as did my weight. The 40's are the most difficuly as you "think" your older.

Today instead of going to Fredericks for skin tight clothing, pointed push -up bras, waist whittling girdles and 4 inch heels, I prefer Macy's, Cold Water Creek, Appleseeds, Talbots, and Penny's. I now blend again looking as a "holding at 50" years old woman. It is just fine.

My wife who is not thrilled at the renewal of Janice, claims that at least there is one benefit in that Janice is a lot thinner than Al. Have lost 42 pounds and want to loose more.

sue ellan
08-29-2006, 07:12 AM
most of the posts that in this thread are from girls that think you are old. 50's and 60's is not old. i will be 72 next year and i don't plan on quitting any time soon. live life to the fullist.
sue ellan

Michele Nylons
08-29-2006, 07:13 AM
I never started crossdressing until my thirties and then I was fat and hairy. I'm now fortysomething (closer to 50 than 40 lol) and I'm slimmer, shaved all over and far more attractive than I was in my thirties.

I've also developed better makeup skills and feminine mannerisms.

And I have to say I have a lot more boyfriends now!!!

Some Trannies are like fine wine, I think. They just get better with age.

xxx
Michele

suzy
08-29-2006, 07:20 AM
I only wish that I had started dressing many years ago... I was in my mid 40's when I began wearing panties and ten years later I am just getting serious enough to go out in public dressed... (you know what I mean: dressed enfemme:heehee: )... but man, I hate knowing how many years I have missed the opportunity to dress and not look so wrinkled in the face and neck. But I sure don't feel wrinkled on the inside!:D

Wendy me
08-29-2006, 08:09 AM
well in my latter 40's and i don't think that i could stop anytime soon age or what ever i think this is here to stay.....

SherriePall
08-29-2006, 08:57 AM
I just turned 59 and let me say this: I'm not quitting now because I'm finally getting this CDing thing down with its make-up, clothes, hair, and attitude. The only thing is I regret my lost years, but then a lot of us "older" girls were really in the closet years ago.

Josie
08-29-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm fifty something and time has not forgotten me, but like any other woman I do the best I can. I have found that I have more control over my weight than I ever thought I did. My goal is to look ten years younger than I am. Time hasn't forgotten me but I can forget time!

BettyAnne
08-29-2006, 09:26 AM
Perhaps I might be one of the cronologically oldest "girls" on this forum. Though I am retired I still lead a very active life, still flying and sailing. (OK, a touch of arthritis in my left knee...old war wound)
Because of the toss of the genetic die, I don't seem to age as quickly as others. In our family the men go through puberty at nearly 20 and age correspondingly slower, so, at 74 you might say that I'm solidly into middle age.
That's really me in the photo, though it was taken professionally about three years ago.
Since my wife doesn't really care for my dressing, I do not get out as often as I wish. On the brighter side, she travels for her business a few times a year and I do goouton those occasions.
As I get older, it seems that I am rarely read....or maybe I'm just less observant :).
Perhaps had I been born in the seventies or eighties, I might have transitioned, but I can not complain about my life. My occasional forays as a woman add spice and flavour.
So, ladies, you never are too old!!!!

Sky
08-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Wow, looks like my middle age woes sparked plenty of interest... thanks to all of you awesome ladies for the support and the valuable insight. I'll comment on some answers which hit my sensitive spots right after this post.

One thing that came recurrently is, many of you ladies started cd'ing relatively late. That may explain in part the different feeling: I did this for the first time as a teen, and came out (always part time, I never lived full time as a cd) in my early 20s. That's why the flow of time is a tad heavier to accept: I didn't keep old pictures (it was well before the age of digital...) but the memories still live.

Sky
08-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Not too far off 50 here and dont think at the moment going to try to go past it I cannot see the point of being my mother.

This is so painfully true...

There's that darn thing called genetics. One thing is to look like your dad (which I do too) and one another is to recognize your mom in the mirror. And when I dress up, I see some common features which go unnoticed when in drab, but surface stronger when you are in drag.

Sky
08-29-2006, 10:14 AM
...it's not my business to say this, but might there be other concernces - such as depression which I have had to deal with in the last year (prescriptions)

Thanks girl, but I'm not depressive. It's just, when I think of old age, I want to die... now who the hell took my 5 lbs bag of Zoloft? Must be that Alzheimer guy again!

(Just kidding, I'm alright :tongueout).

Sky
08-29-2006, 10:16 AM
what do you see when you look into that mirror? Are you looking at yourself with wonder and amazement as to what an incredible human being you are or are you looking with the critical self defeating look which only sees an old man dressed as a woman?

Uh, more like the second type.

Sorry, I'm more Larry David than Dr. Phil...:happy:

Sky
08-29-2006, 10:28 AM
Other than that, the awareness of the ageing problem is the price to feel fem, as I think women in general have a bit more issues with ageing than men.

I really think Marla S nailed it here.

Aging as a guy is socially more palatable. A salt and pepper hair is even desirable. Body shape is relatively secondary, of course many aging guys are in awesome shape, but if you are not nobody really flinches.

But as a woman, things get tougher. I'm not saying that you can't be happy no matter what your looks are (as many ladies here have mentioned), but the fact is, you feel society's pressure more acutely. I don't have issues with the fact of being a cd per se, but I don't enjoy being an unattractive woman.

As a younger cd, after getting a shower and removing my makeup, I used to think how dull and plain I looked as a guy. Last few times I dressed up I had the opposite feeling: my male persona became more presentable than the female one.

gennee
08-29-2006, 01:56 PM
I started dressing only last year at fifty-six. I look forward to more dressing as I get older. I have enough trouble convincing some that I'm fifty-eight. Dressing has added spice to my life. Never gonna stop.

Gennee

:doll: :gorgeous:

Phoebe Reece
08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm 56 and dressing and going out more now than I ever have. Yes, when I look in the mirror, I do see a much older woman than the one I saw when I was dressing 20 or 30 years ago. However, that woman I now see is much more polished, stylish, and confident than the younger one. And she feels better about herself now than so many years earlier. I couldn't possibly give up crossdressing just at the point in my life where I am having so much fun with it.

carol ann
08-29-2006, 06:42 PM
I think my problem is that I don't want to dress as an old frump. Clothes that appeal to me would be more siuitable for someone in the mid-thirties to forty rather than 50 something.

Nancie64
08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Carol Ann also hit the nail on the head. I too, will be 61 shortly and my problem is that I like to dress like a girl in maybe her 30's or 40's. I like skirts and my wife saids that I have pretty nice legs yet. If you want to get a real makeover you can go to Vegas and in about a half hour or so you will not always reconize who you see in the mirror. I did and it was cool.

Sam-antha
08-30-2006, 04:26 PM
I will be back with comments and to see what some ancient or otherwise artist has done with the pic
~Samm

sissystephanie
08-30-2006, 10:11 PM
I am 74, going on 30! I dress to please myself, not other people. I don't wear a wig or make-up, just feminine clothing and shoes. I went shopping in a Sam's Club today wearing a blue denim skort with an extremely feminine tight white top.:love: Oh yes, I had a bra on which was visible throu the blouse. My shoes were open toe sandals with a medium heel. You are never too old to dress, unless you really think of yourself as being too old! Yes, I got a few "looks' and I loved it. The clerk who checked me out said she loved my oufit!

You are only as old as you think you are! Think old and you will be. I choose to think, and dress, young.:2c:

Harriet
08-30-2006, 10:22 PM
I agree. Being an classy old broad is much better then being an old man. I look forward to spending my later years in a dress.

terza
08-30-2006, 10:50 PM
age is an import guage -- everyone goes thru it. gracefull. gracefull. gracefull.
i had a friend that was in her mid forties and when she started ranting that she is a teen in her karmic mind, it was creepy. cds have the same plight as everyone else to age gracefully or be delusional tactless buggers. the closer reality converge w/ fantasy, the higher level of gracefullness is achieved.
everyone cringe to see a elderly woman wears clothes not meant for her wrinkled self, no matter how young she feels, and the same goes for cds.
youth and beauty obviously rules and rightfully so. wisdom and intellect have their roles in sexual power only when applied in tactfull means -- a mature woman in a "hot" business suit, instead of leopard leotard -- vomit.

Kahlan51
08-30-2006, 11:12 PM
I just turned 65. I look younger en femme than I do in male mode. I love myself and refuse to have my world made smaller by catering to what other people think. I have gone my own way and enjoyed a full and fascinating life so far and intend to keep on going. One of my favorite books is " What you think of me is none of my business." I dress however I feel on that day and if anyone around me " CRINGES " who cares. Thnak you for this thread it has reaffirmed for me where I am at and I hope it has helped others who have been wrestling with "ageism " Love Kahlan

Sky
08-31-2006, 09:36 AM
I think my problem is that I don't want to dress as an old frump. Clothes that appeal to me would be more siuitable for someone in the mid-thirties to forty rather than 50 something.

I think it's pretty much everybody's problem around here. :straightface:

Ageing GGs have to adopt a style. Most of them take it gracefully, a few become the quintessential "grandma in a catsuit".

But we dress by choice. I think all of us tried (at least once) an over-the-top style, heels a little too high, skirt a little too short, boobs a little too big. When faced with the fact that we look silly in them (ok, we probably did too when we were 20 something, but it can't be getting any better now) we have the same options as GGs plus one: becoming a classy ageing guy.

LaurenS.
08-31-2006, 09:36 PM
Sky,
You make it sound like you could just quit dressing. Have you ever tried? I quit 7 years ago but it just came back. I'm 56 and my body is fine but it will take a little more work to pass. But I will and am looking forward to it. I don't think you're ever to old to enjoy what makes you who you really are.

Trisha
08-31-2006, 11:35 PM
age has nothing to do with it for me you are as old as the woman you feel im forty but i still feel eighteen and sometimes act like a six year old lol :p

ArleneRaquel
08-31-2006, 11:57 PM
age has nothing to do with it for me you are as old as the woman you feel im forty but i still feel eighteen and sometimes act like a six year old lol :p

That is precisely the way that I feel. CD'ing helps me to become young and sexy ! :love:

Trisha
09-01-2006, 12:02 AM
well thats it we are all young at hart and girls just want to have fun and the fun part well thats what keeps us young happy and just full of life :D

Mandy Salamander
09-01-2006, 02:19 AM
am i feeling too old for this?,,, are you completely out of your mind??,,, 50+ and recently experienced m' first heart attack!!!,,, my doctor suggested this (she knows 'n has even seen, i go most places en femme, outside work),,, i've spent th' last 6 weeks recuperating in a cabin on a lake 'n living 24/7!!!!! didn't even bring male clothes,,,,, and,,,,,, am recovering wonderfully!!!!! and 've never felt younger!!!!!

Sam-antha
09-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Age, to me that is something mental. I am lucky, I do not know what exactly it is, even with the large number of years that I have passed.
Love,
~Samm

Calliope
09-11-2006, 03:56 PM
As I get older, it seems that I am rarely read....or maybe I'm just less observant :).

I would guess that as [we] get older, other folks (M and F) become less observant towards us.

Good thing, really.

Sky
09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Sky, You make it sound like you could just quit dressing. Have you ever tried?

Yup, just did... purged a few months ago and haven't gotten anything back yet. Don't really feel much desire to dress since I honestly believe I look better as a guy now. Of course I can't predict the future. You might find me thirty years from now in fishnets and a flaming red curly wig. Just one little favor: if you happen to have a gun in handy then, please shoot me.

Carol A
09-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Gee a lot of good anwser's, well I fall into the age of 67 and I keep dressing and can pass still. Only problem is I have to dress my age and not as a much younger chick. I will dress until I die.

susancheerleader
09-11-2006, 04:29 PM
I often feel old.
But when I am dressed, I feel young(er).

suzi_cd
09-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I often feel old.
But when I am dressed, I feel young(er).

I know what you mean - I dress in younger styles (cropped tops, low rise jeans etc.) and I dont feel my age.

Couldn't have done it 8 months ago when I was too fat but now.....

OK I'd never pass in public but that not why I dress

annekathleen
09-11-2006, 04:55 PM
When I start wearing my grandmothers stuff, maybe it'll be time to quit, but right now I'm into some very sexy bras and panties.

sue ellan
09-11-2006, 05:25 PM
will never be to old to dress. might have to watch wearing high heels when i'm using a walker though.:hugs:
sue ellan

june58
09-11-2006, 05:32 PM
still enjoying it at 58. figure I still have a few more years left.

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-11-2006, 05:38 PM
I find it interesting that so may girls here talk about being "old." I am 60 and I would never consider giving up dressing. Many of us are retired and at least for me and others it means we can live as girls every single day. I also think that since we can afford age appropirate clothes and nice wigs we can look quite fetching in our antiquity. I am never ever going back!!

Sasha Anne

Toyah
09-11-2006, 05:46 PM
I am thinking I am getting that way !!!!

Julogden
09-11-2006, 06:03 PM
55 here, I'll keep going as long as I can. I'm seeing more wrinkles every year, but I've just started electrolysis on my face, I'm going to do the best I can with what I'm given.:happy:

There's always cosmetic surgery too!:heehee:

Carol:hugs:

Glenda58
09-11-2006, 07:30 PM
58 going on 59 Have purge when I was 40 to do the guy thing. Then met gf And told of cding said it was ok with her and help me look better. Now living alone I dress every day and look younger than when I dress as a guy. So stop if you want to but you will be back and don't think of it as falling but coming back to something that was fun for you.
Now that I'm older I don't care what others think when I'm out guess that comes with age
GLENDA
DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY

samantha#1
09-11-2006, 09:32 PM
do not think I could stop if i had to. although I do go through periods of time where I simply do not want to dress, the last one lasted three years; I also therorise that any break I have gives my wife the chance to live with her male husband for a while.
hugs to all
Samantha

Deanna2
09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
Never to old to wear femme gear. Besides the way I live my life, everything seems like a fantasy.

Denee
09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Hi Sky,

Sometimes it's not a bad idea to take a break for a while. You're backgound and appearance sounds a lot like mine. It's been my expereince that if I take a few weeks or even a couple of months, the battery seems to get recharged and I'm more than ready to go. It's also not a bad idea to go shopping. I'll go out and buy a couple of sexy bras, or a g-string or even a wig and that seems to help as well. Good luck Sweetie!

Hugs & Kisses

Denee:love:

I know that true beauty is inside. Ok, one thing is to know it, but perhaps I don't really believe it. The thing is, I am getting more and more unable to cope with growing old as a cd. It was one thing to dress up when I was 20, in a way it was still great in my 30s (maybe better because of the increased experience) but I find it harder to enjoy being a 40-something cd, simply because my body is not the same. I am somehow blessed with a no-wrinkles, moderately androginous face, but still the difference with what it used to be is painfully obvious. I know many of you girls are perfectly happy with what you are -and I warmly congratulate you for that- but my question is, are there other girls who are thinking of quitting because what used to be fun is turning out to be a burden? (that would be me)

AmberTG
09-12-2006, 12:36 AM
I've had the angst about being an old woman, but I'm going to be an old something, God willing, and It beats being an old man. I just recently turned 51 so I'll take what comes. I can't give up part of my life just because I'm not young any more. I miss my hair though.

Larissa
09-12-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm so proud to be part of this group. It seems age has brought us the wisdom that as long as we're girls at heart we'll still be girls.

Sky
09-12-2006, 01:18 PM
...It's also not a bad idea to go shopping... Denee:love:

Honey, you were sooo right! I went shopping and now I feel like new! I got me the sweetest keyboard amp!!!

Ummm... I guess you meant shopping at Victoria's Secret rather than Guitar Center, right?

Sorry, I am morphing back into guy mode... is there such a thing as a lesbian cd? That would be me!

:<3:,
Sky

Marla
09-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Being 59 just makes me try harder to look good. When I was in my twenties looking femme was pretty easy but now it just takes a little more time and expertise. I think Ive got it! At least in my own mind and mirror and after all, thats all that counts.

Tommie Rae
09-12-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm pushing 60 and at times it does seem to be a chore, especially when I see women in their 50s and 60s who still look good. Then I look in the mirror and wonder why I'm kidding myself. The desire isn't nearly as strong as it once was.

Snookums
09-13-2006, 05:36 PM
quit,what for,with the hot styles.I'm glad to see hip hugger jeans back after a 35 year absence