PDA

View Full Version : All right everyone... Quit Nagging...

bob..bie?
08-28-2006, 04:57 PM
It's me again...

Yes, I too am a big and usually happy, still in the closet, fem person... I weigh 250 lbs and am 6ft 3 in my panty hosed feet and I know I need to loose at least 50 lbs... Have any of you beautiful (and darn it, slim) ladies managed to lose weight? How did you do it and did you keep it off? When I got back from 13 happy? months in sunny South Vietnam in 1963, I weighed 175 lbs... Wow, was I skinny... Think of the beautiful clothes I could be wearing now if I could get back to that weight...

Please help me release that 23 year old skinny body from this 66 year old grey haired large person...

Love ya all...

bob..bie?

Ashley in Virginia
08-28-2006, 05:03 PM
It isnt hard. It just requires that you actually do something. Eat right and exercise. Plain and simple. You cant wish away the pounds. It takes hard work and dedication. Or a good doctor.....

CarmenG
08-28-2006, 05:11 PM
well Bob, you have 7 years on me, since i came back in 1970. back then when i was crossdressing it did not feel the same. now that i am 55, when i dress it's more fulfilling more satisfing.... guess it must be the years but it feels great when i do get a chance to dress. as for the weight..... you did not put it on overnite, so i guess it will not come off overnite.... other than the obvious health reasons, if you want to lose it, then do....
GOOD LUCK:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Helen in OK
08-28-2006, 05:17 PM
I am 5'14" (for those who can't do the math 6'2"). My personal best from a weight standpoint was 2002 to 2003 when I went over 250 lbs. Mid September 2003, I started the South Beach Diet. The first week in Oct I had to go in for my semi annual checkup and found I had lost 13 lbs following phase one restrictions (no sugars or simple starches), lots of protein and complex starches. I am still on this diet, but it is no longer a diet, but a way of life. I have for breakfast 2 to 3 slices of bacon, 2 to 3 eggs and a bowl of grits (I am a Southern Girl, lol) or oatmeal. I just had my semi annual checkup and I am now at 190 lbs. I can pretty much eat anything I want, but I stay away from sugars and simple starches on a regular basis. If I go out to a resturant, I will eat the bread, but I limit myself. Oh by the way, my cholesterol was so bad, I was on Lipitor. Now it is within guidelines and I have been off Lipitor for over 2 years. They took an chest xray and compared it with one from 4+ years ago, and the fat pad around my heart is gone. Will I stop using the South Beach Diet? Not only no, but Hell NO. It is so nice to be able to sit down and bend over to tie my shoe laces without having my belly in the way. I do not exercise, which I know I should.

If anyone wants more info, pm me or send me an email.

Helen in OK

angelfire
08-28-2006, 05:18 PM
I have lost about 50-60lbs (was 340, now I'm around 280). What I did was cut out the junk food. No soda pop, no chips, no chocolate, no dessert, no snacks, no eating between meals, no french fries, cut down on portions a bit. I lose about 50-60 pounds in 5-6 months, so I would say thats pretty good. I did not excercise alot, but I'm sure if I did I would have lost more.

CarmenG
08-28-2006, 05:22 PM
torture, Just Plain Torture..... Say It Ain't So !!!!!!

Charleen
08-28-2006, 05:38 PM
I wa heavy most of my life. What works for me is exercise, especially the one where I push away from the table! BTW, I have found that jumping to conclusions is NOT an exercise. Wish you the best, and know you can do it! Love and xxxxx, Lily

Calliope
08-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Go vegetarian.

Replace all naughty snacks with hippie breakfast cereals. Replace bread with rice cakes. Play lots of stupid bopping music and dance to it. Take a walk every day.

Works for me (130 lbs, 30 waist).

Karren H
08-28-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey I was 220 and now 175.......started playing ice hockey again after 30 years and lost 50 pounds in 9 months.......If I can do it so can you...

Exersize and no snacks after dinner.......

Love Karren

Phyliss
08-28-2006, 07:05 PM
August 2005, weight of 240,

August 2006, weight of 190,

Many hours at local gym, at least 45 minutes EVERY morning, and at least an hour an 1/2 on weekends. plenty of sweat, more salads, LESS junk food.

I could send you a detailed list of everything I've consumed for the past year. Yes I do keep a journal of what I eat. This way I can't lie to myself about bad eating habits.

Advantage of weight loss, I can wear size 12P from the misses section of Fashion Bug, my band size in my bras has gone from 44 to a nice 38 (better selection of styles.)

Disadvantage of weight loss. I have to buy NEW clothes. Oh Darn. :heehee: :heehee:

suanne
08-28-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi Karren. Yeah honey but we need both of our legs.:beatup: Hockey is just to hard on pantyhose. :bs:

Ok, here's a good way to loose pounds. Cut out the red meat, white sugar, white flour. Eat plenty of greens, veggies and fruit. Exercise daily. It works, and it is hard work to stay on it. But you can do it.

Suanne

Missy Anne
08-28-2006, 07:24 PM
Lots of good advice above.

I lost 55 lb over two years. I went from an 18 to a 14. It can not be a quick and easy road.

My suggestion is to get really motivated so that you will stick with it. Every time I dressed and looked in the mirror I saw the extra weight sticking out and vowed to lose it. My wife really helped. Every time I looked at something fattening she just had to say "garter belt, garter belt" and it was easy to pass it up.

Missy Anne

Sejd
08-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Eat healthy, exercise every day, walk, if you don't have a dog, get one, start smoking (bad joke, but it actually works also) throw away your television!!!!
Sejd

dancer1
08-28-2006, 07:40 PM
I belive the phrase is moderation as i size 4 i dont worry about it but my problem isint putting it on its keeping it and stop losing it.:hugs: Nadeen

angelfire
08-28-2006, 07:58 PM
I haven't watched TV in like 2 and a half years. Now I am just an internet junkie.

steffie39
08-28-2006, 07:59 PM
About a year and a half ago I was like 225. Now I'm 172 but trying to get into 150's or 160's. I'm 6 ft 1 in.

I did a lot of walking and exercise bike at gym and started dressing more in the last year (also started going out as Steffie). When I dress I don't feel as much of an urge to eat so CDing and loosing weight worked hand-in-hand.

Bernadina
08-28-2006, 08:38 PM
You could start a corset training program. Its tough to eat much when you are tight laced. Of course there is still the exercise to tame the tummy (without the corset on).

Rachel Morley
08-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Alcohol is the killer. Do you know how many calories there are in a cold beer?....too many when you drink several at a time :p

I think what the others have said is helpful...fill up more on vegetables and fruit, cut down on high fat foods and exercise regularly. Remember if it took years to put it on it's not going to come off in a few short weeks.

Good luck and stay focused :D

Barb Valentine
08-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Stop complaining
I'm shorter and heaver then you
And I haven't weighed 175 since I was 12
But I'm happy with myself
If you want to lose weight do it because YOU want to
Not because someone else thinks you should
:hugs:

Jennaie
08-28-2006, 11:06 PM
What seems to work best for me is a simple diet and excersize routine. Calories in, calories out. Count the calories your taking in daily and cut them down. Excersize, walk at a fast pace for about 1 hour daily, situps, windmills, leg lifts and squats or lunges will help your butt and your waist to tighten up.

You can intellectualize it all you want but in the end it boils down to the Nike saying, just do it.

good luck.

Kate Simmons
08-29-2006, 03:36 AM
Hi Bob..bie, Another Viet Nam vet? I had two tours in Nam. I lost 40 Lbs. after I retired from my company in 2002. I was up to 190. I worked rotating shifts and always ate a lot. When you work those kinds of hours, it's very hard for your body to get to a proper routine and metabolize calories. After I retired, I didn't eat as much, since I wasn't always moving so much. I lost 40 Lbs. in the first year alone just by not eating so much and mostly eating just regular meals and no in-betweeners. You can't do it all at once though, it has to be gradual other wise you shock your body. Now I try to eat sensibly every day. After all, gotta keep my girlish figure you know. Ericka Kay

bob..bie?
08-29-2006, 06:21 AM
As a full time driver for a BUSY north jersey limo company (usually driving 7 days a week, 12 to 14 hours per day, about 75,000 to 80,000 miles per year), I spend WAY too much time sitting on my butt on a soft leather, all way adjustable, heated power seat (oooh.. If I could only drive naked... and no, the seat has no vibrate function... darn...).

I promise to all of you that have made such helpful suggestions that I WILL go on a diet of some kind so that I can wear more of the beautiful clothes that are made for GG's... At least I will try to lose my 'tummy'... I bought a white long leg support panty to try and look better in 'MY FIRST DRESS' but my tummy looked like a white balloon... That has motovated me to get with the program and get more exersise and to eat a healthy and slimming diet.

Again, hugs...

bob..bie?

PS I am keeping the support panty hanging from my mirror as a reminder to stay on the diet...

KateLongman27
08-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Like the others said..

You need exercise because what you want to do is to create an inbalance of energy input to energy output.

e.g.

If you're energy input is 2000Kcal through eating and you're energy output is 1000Kcal. You're going to put on weight as there is a +1000Kcal deficiet.

However

If you're energy input is 2000Kcal through eating and you're energy output is 3000Kcal, You're going to lose weight as there is a -1000Kcal deficiet. Hence your body will start to burn stored carbohydrates and fat.

I run a lot about 30 minutes a day and eat loads of fruit, drink water. I feel tired afterwards but do I feel good afterwards.

Start exercising, eat healthy and maybe less if you're eating junk food and go for it.

Wendy me
08-29-2006, 03:09 PM
eat less and move more and drink water by the gallons.....eat some junk food and treat your selfe every now and then ... walk a lot and shop the next smaller size something too shoot for.....

Tina Dixon
08-29-2006, 04:58 PM
We must be the same size, I have been told if I want to lose 10 pounds of ugly fat fast just cut my head off but I refuse:mad: