PDA

View Full Version : Breast Form Question

Lisa Marie
08-28-2006, 05:46 PM
How do you ladies wash your Breast Forms? Is there any special way in doing this? Thanks for the help!

Jodi
08-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I wipe mine off with a damp cloth as the directions say to do.

Jodi

Janelle Young
08-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Mild soap and water, pat dry with a towel.

Karren H
08-28-2006, 06:59 PM
Mild hand soap and water....don't even think of throwing them in the dish washer.....btw, how dirty are they and how did you get them that way???? hehehe

Love Karren

Wenda
08-28-2006, 07:00 PM
For the self-adhesive, I use mild soap and water. To remove excess adhesive on non-self-adhesive forms, I use Turpentine. Although it smells strong, it is made from pine oil, a good solvent, easy on the skin and washes off with the same soap and water. w.

amberwish
08-28-2006, 07:37 PM
yup mild soap rinse and pat dry is the way

sandra-leigh
08-28-2006, 07:48 PM
btw, how dirty are they and how did you get them that way????

My foams tend to get dirty, as I tend to stick them into corners of my carry-everything grocery-type cloth bags. They get noticably marked up. A bit of soap and water does a fine job on them.

sandra-leigh
08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
To remove excess adhesive on non-self-adhesive forms, I use Turpentine.

Caution: the outer layer of silicon forms is regular plastic, and can be dissolved by anything that dissolves plastic, such as acetone.

I think I've also had deterioration with using Naptha (aka "white gas", camp fuel), but I haven't proven that yet.

After the damage I did to one of my silicon forms, I would hesitate to experiment with Turpentine.

carend_99
08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
To get adhesive off, I use a product called Detachol. It's designed to remove medical adhesive, which is what I use to attach them. Detachol smells good, works good, and isn't too expensive. I get mine through Walgreens, it has to be specially ordered, but I can usually order it one day and it comes in the next.

Karren H
08-29-2006, 10:38 PM
My foams tend to get dirty, as I tend to stick them into corners of my carry-everything grocery-type cloth bags. They get noticably marked up. A bit of soap and water does a fine job on them.

Mine don't....guess i don't wear them in the coal mine enough lol

Love Karren

Phillis
08-31-2006, 04:37 AM
I have the super gel breast forms and wash them in mild soap and water, pat dry and after they are dry I put a light coat of talcum powder on them. The do not absord water so after they are patted dry they are ready to wear again.