PDA

View Full Version : Casual...

eleyna
08-28-2006, 09:54 PM
About a year ago I started to find my own personal key to purge survival/avoidance and have been gradually subduing myself this last year with casual/tomboy, boyshorts, boxers, jeans... I want to both expand that new baseline of my wardrobe while also starting to femme it a little.

I'm an online shopper by preference/choice, generally, but I've actually found it harder to shop casual/tb than if I was shopping for 'sissy', kinky or sexy stuff. My main outerwear sites have been Hanes and Old Navy (I wish I'd bought more than 1 pair of ON's 'boycut' line), with Newport News and Classic Closeouts for tops and occasionally having something very femme I actually thought might work on me or a skirt I liked or a pair of jeans I figured would be inconspicuous. Figleaves and Barenecesseties are my staples for hosiery, lingerie etc, although I've switched to Hanes and ON these days for day-to-day underwear. I used Amazon for a time but I just find it too uninspiring.

Love to hear other places girls recommend for online with a casual and more emphasis.

Charleen
08-28-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm casual as well, blouse, jeans, sneaks, all femme when I go out. However, I do all my shopping at the stores. I love browsing. For everyday wear, which I do, I wear hanes panties. Very comfortable. AS you'll find out, it ain't bad doing the shopping in person. Yeah I get looks occasionally, but so what? I also love when the SA gets nervous when she checks me out! Try shopping, even if something is said, which I doubt, I have yet to hear of anyone literally dying of embarrassment! Gotta warn you though that once you shop you ain't gonna be able to stop! Enjoy. Love and xxxxx, Lily

eleyna
08-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Ahh, Hanes :) I actually started wearing with the help of CK choice boyshorts - I found a pink pair that were just so darn comfy and ... well, pink. Unfortunately that brought on a rather vicious purge. Then I found Hanes and their "boxers" *grin*. There is a slightly 'evil' twist to my developing cd-activities - a sort of rebellion against the self imposed on me. I slipped a pair of those Hanes' boxers on by accident one morning, mistaking them for my Sloggi-mens. That really kickstarted my growth as Eleyna; that and Old Navy bikini briefs.

I've shopped in person, but I just dislike shopping in person for anything. Shopping online has been a bit of a crutch against purges too; if I have stuff in the mail or on order, it's a lot easier to quell the purge.

eleyna
08-28-2006, 10:57 PM
PS - I have an almost shamefully overstocked underwear drawer - my last, vicious, purge was a reaction to my thinking of them in terms of comfort and 'daily wear', so I went on a bit of a spree. I can be a bit of a thrift, like to get my money's worth out of things, and all those briefs/shorts/etc weigh on both sides of my conscience ;) I rationalized starting to wear them at nights in terms of how it would help my impoverished boy-drawer last the longer ;)

Beckey Sue
08-28-2006, 11:05 PM
I agree with Lilygirl, once you go out and shop you won't want to stop. The first time my hands were shaking terribly when I was paying for the items. Now I am very comfortable signing "Rebecca" to my credit slip.

Yes, it's very easy to have another name added to your credit card, and it's great when a cashier looks at you questionably, only to have the credit card print out your female name. Usually the response is "Oh, Thank you mam".

Also you may find, as I have, that when you walk up to the dressing rooms, you wiill be shown to the womens rooms, not the mens. I think the trick is, look ciomfortable, confident, not nervous, and the store personnell will treat you courteously. I've NEVER been treasted disrespectably by any store personnell...including auto parts stores.

Enjoy your shopping,
Rebecca

eleyna
08-28-2006, 11:14 PM
Hehe, the first time I shopped, I went onto Oxford Street in London, and browsed several shops before buying. The girl who served me had a glint in her eye, so I asked her 'am I going to look really silly in this', which earned me a beautiful smile; she confided she had a thing for dressing boys up but none had admitted to it yet. She helped me pick some things out, but the changing rooms were full and there was a queue. Unfortunately, before I could get her details or anything, there was a bomb scare and we got evacuated. Their store was one of the ones closed by the explosion so I didn't catch up with her again. :sad:

I shop for *everything* online - I used to order my groceries online and then walk to the store to pick them up.

smallwonder
08-29-2006, 01:24 PM
I dress casual also,I buy t-shirts at Roamans.com,and at the Vanity
Fair outlet stores.I buy jeans wherever I can find ones that fit.

tifftg
08-29-2006, 01:34 PM
Online I love to shop Lands End and Eddie Bauer. Both have outlet sections where you can save a lot, lots of casual clothes. Also Land's End has a virtual model you can build and see how things go together along with suggestions. Items can be delivered wherever and no one will be curious about your femme side if that is ever important.

Tiffany