PDA

View Full Version : Seeking * comfy * yet * inexpensive * shoes!

Sherry Ann Evans
08-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi girls,

I really, really, really want to be able to wear cool high heels.

In the past I've always just shopped at PayLess or the cheap department stores, i.e. Target, etc. ... obviously you get what you pay for and those $16 heels are the opposite of comfy!

I know that GOOD women's shoes can easily cost hundreds of dollars. I would love to invest in a pair. But you can't exactly return worn shoes. So how do you shop and know they'll be comfy beyond just a quick walk around the store?

I heard that the EasySpirit brand is known for comfort, but like others they are very expensive. So ... can anyone recommend a brand that is known for real-life comfort (i.e., walking around city streets at night), but still sexy, and yet not causing my credit card to self-destruct?

In the past I've always had to wear square-toed shoes because the pointy kind hurt too much. My feet are not gigantic, just 8.5 men's, I guess that is 9.5 or 10 in women's.

Help please!!

- Sherry

eleyna
08-29-2006, 12:32 AM
If you want an inexpensive pair of heels to start acclimatising your feet arches, I recently discovered espadrilles. They're cheap and - depending which you buy - can be comfortable housewear. They're generally only 3-4in heels, but they'll help you with posture etc, and they're seasonal so you can probably find them on-sale at the moment (http://www.newport-news.com/shop/Product.asp?catid=3188&gpcatID=1914&pacatID=1915&subcatID=&superstyleID=243653&mainstyleid=310976&prodnum=6127394).

Don't know if they meet your other criteria, but for $15 it's a heeled pair of shoes :)

Sherry Ann Evans
08-29-2006, 12:38 AM
Thanks, I will look.

LOL, "only" 3-4 inch heels? I wish I could be comfy in more than 1 or 2 inch heels!

eleyna
08-29-2006, 01:33 AM
These might be a big help then, because they're a wedge not a heel, so they provide extra support for the foot, while providing the shape to train your foot/arch. I also find that the ribbon-lace helps you feel sure of your footing, like a boot, while retaining some of the flexibility you need when you're still not used to heels :) You'll find lower-heel espadrilles on sale in stores and other sites too if you shop around.

Karren H
08-29-2006, 07:23 AM
Hey girl. If you have a Value City near by check out their shoes. Name brands. Leather. Comophy and I neaver pay more than $30 for a pair...we have them here in PA. I assume that NJ may have them. Sizes to 11 or 12 typically.

Love Karren

PS. Just checked www.valuecity.com and there are a bunch in NJ....check out their womens clothing dept too...always some good clothes at good prices..

KH

kathy gg
08-29-2006, 07:31 AM
When I used to work in retail I was on my feet alot...the best shoes I found were Aerosoles http://www.aerosoles.com/. Sorry to say but I usually paid around $100 for a pair, but you will get your money's worth. Of course syles do differ and you may find some more comfy than others. I personally cannot wear any closed toe styles in heels, nor any that hug too snugly to my back ankle...so that really limits my personal taste as far as comfort go.

But Aerosoles do have some dead sexy shoe styles...of course like many companies they will have what is *trendy* which you may not consider sexy. I think they are the sexier choice though over Easy Spirit....more like shoes my Mom would deem appropriate!

Deenise60
08-29-2006, 07:45 AM
http://www.sexyshoes.com/ Great selection of shoes, heel length and sizes.

Christina Nicole
08-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Sherry,

You have a lot of choices in NJ for good shoes at a great discount. Try to find a Marty's, MSW, or similar place near you. They have good shoes at good prices. The longer the shoes are in the store, the lower the price. You can find some real bargains, but the size and style choice diminishes along with the price.

I may be able give you lots of great places to go if you let me know what part of the state you are in.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Adrienne Heels
08-29-2006, 08:14 PM
If there is a Nine West store near you, they have excellent quality shoes at a reasonable price.

Nancie64
08-29-2006, 08:48 PM
I have picked up several pairs at Kohls and have had all be very comfortable. I will go with my wife and when I find a pair I like she will find the size while I pull off my tennis shoe. I usually dress nice underneath at least. Slip my shoe off and slip on the ladies shoe. I wear a 10/11. Bought a nice pair of 2" somewhat casual shoes this last weekend. Couldn't wait to try them on at home.

Mardi
08-29-2006, 09:15 PM
crocs are "comfy"