PDA

View Full Version : Summer Fun and Other Things!!

Felix
08-29-2006, 08:58 AM
Well this Summer has been a mixed bag of things for me and my family. We have visited my folkes first time we have all gone to my parents house together since we announced our relationship to them 4yrs ago. It has taken that long for my parents who are 81 and 76 to come to some sort of acceptance of our relationship bless!! So it was a huge step forward which made me alot happier, even though I am under no illusion that the steps forward may still be extremely small from now on. :happy:
We went camping which was great fun and the boys enjoyed it although not as much as myself, but then I've always loved that sort of thing.
We've done some decorating this holiday which is always a good thing makes ya feel brighter :D
Myself I have continued exploring myself, my spiritualiy, my sexuality and other issues around gender :o I still feel I am in the right place on this board. I like coming here I feel I can say how I feel without feeling uncomfortable.
I have talked here about how i see myself and how I feel inside and the labels I have attached to myself and messed around with trying to see if I fit any well except for butch and lesbian lol!!!!!
I know for sure I have a very strong male side which I seem to be struggling with at the moment. I have has some strange comments which I haven't expected off my kids like ya just like a man 'mum' which sounds srange comming off them but I can understand if they are feeling my masculine spirit. I am most of the time very butch and I do feel very comfortable that way. LOL I have been given a few nick names this summer some of which are yuck like no way. Recebtly I have been called Frodo from a close friend who is pagan and recognises this strong male side of me and makes me feel soooooooo comfortable with it. I don't find this insulting at all but complimentary I have thought of changing it as my name on here instead of silvawitch whats ya thoughts on it????????
What I still feel strange about is my immense jealousy when I see trans female to male and how good they look:eek: It comes in my head wow I'd love to look like that!! Any thoughts on this welcome please.
Well that all for now so look forward to ya comments. Take care all....Frodo :happy: xx

CaptLex
08-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Frodo is a cool guy - the only one worthy of carrying out a huge, important and dangerous task in the story (although I also like his buddy, Sam), so I think that's a great name. :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're finding some of the answers you came here to find, and I'm very happy for you. It's a great feeling, isn't it? Of course you belong here . . . we all share and learn together here. Different stories along the same path. I've learned a lot from everyone here and continue to learn everyday. I'm also happy to hear of others finding answers and camaraderie here.

Congratulations on your folks showing some acceptance. I know how hard that is at that age, so I think that's huge. As for the jealousy . . . welcome to the club. I've yet to hear my first "sir" and still get called "ma'am", "miss" or "lady" everyday, while most of the guys in my group pass so well. But the other day I corrected a waitress (which I normally wouldn't do because I didn't see the point), and I felt a lot better (my therapist was right - don't tell him).

Glad you've been enjoying the summer - I haven't been camping in decades. :D

Felix
08-29-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanx CaptLex I feel honoured that my friend called me this now as Frodo was quite a guy xx

Felix
08-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Lol :heehee: Lex Hope ya don't think I'm a whimp although I do have a really soft side to my nature which can be negative in some situations, although I like this aspect of my female nature as it keeps the balance with my manley side quite well. :happy:

Kimberley
08-31-2006, 08:13 PM
And now a word from a fairy princess.... did I say that? OOPS; a moment of weakness. Oh silly me.... just kidding guys.

Silva you sound like you are just on the edge of recognizing self acceptance. You mentioned you are still struggling a bit but I honestly think you are going to step through that door and sometime soon. When you do, the labels that you are applying to yourself will be moot because it will just be you. The rest of the world can take it or leave it because none of their BS will matter to you.

I hope you can do this with a minimum of pain. For many of us it is a painful journey but the end is so worthwhile. Keep us posted?

I think Capn will agree with me on this one.

Kimberley./