PDA

View Full Version : Cosmetic Question

LisaRose
08-29-2006, 11:12 AM
I have two tone eyebrows. The outer half is much lighter than the rest. I've tried eyebrow liner and masquera. Neither lasts very long.

Have any of you had your eyebrows dyed? Was your experience a good one?

My natural color makes my eyes look squinty and I would really like to have a long lasting resolution.

THX

LRHanley

Marla S
08-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi :wave2:

What do you mean by long lasting.

One day, one week, one year, for ever ?

Dying your eye-brows is no problem. Just smear a bit of the dye on your eye-brows (not on the lashes !!!) when you dye your hair next time. Works well. You don't dye your hair ? Do it anyway.
I think there is special eye-brow dye and lashes dye available (never cared for).

For the lashes I use waterproof mascara. Looks good for about 2 days.

For a very, very long lasting effect you can have "permanent make-up" (don't know if this is called this way in English). It is actually tattooing the makeup :yikes: . And there might even be lashes implants ?

Ellie
08-29-2006, 01:24 PM
From what I hear you are not supposed to use hair dye around your eyes as it may run and possible blind you.

But a cream dye like that used for mustache and beard should work, and you can mix it up in a very small batch.

Bev06 GG
08-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Hi Girls,
Your talking about eye brow tinting. It works, is very effective, but not permanant, you have to redo it every few weeks. It does look good tho. As for having them permanantly tatooed, I wouldn't bother. It looks like what it is, and if you dont l ike it, theres no going back. One of my friends who has to have chemotherapy and loses all of her body hair had hers done and now bitterly regrets it.
Take care
BEVxxxx

LisaRose
08-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks Bev. Is tinting something you can do yourself or should I look for a salon that provides the service?

LRH

Jodi
08-29-2006, 07:27 PM
There is a very pretty 16 years old girl on one of the teams that I coach. About two weeks ago, she stated that it is hard having eyebrows that are two different colors. She then said that her left eyebrow is blond and her right one is brown. I did not notice it until she pointed it out. She is a natural brunette. One of the other girls asked what she does with it. She stated that when she used makeup to go out, she uses brown mascara to even out the colors. That is what one young gg does and it appears to work for her.

Jodi