PDA

View Full Version : Go ahead and try it on!! you know you want to!!

Karren H
08-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Ok! There is no reason on this earth that you shouldn't try on that dress before you buy it!! None!! Zip!! No one cares and your the only one that's embaraced!!

Well today was no different...shopping. Went to a new Kohl's because stock does vary between stores!! And to try on that dress that I saw in Sundays circular.. Really like it but though it was featured in the ad it was not on sale and I'm too cheap to pay $48!! But found a nice skirt on clearence for $4. And tried on half a dozed skirts and dresses!!

Btw.. The store was almost empty and for sure every SA I bumped into and said hi to more than likely knew what I was doing!! But they took my money and we are both happier for it!! Lol

So get your butts in gear!!

Love Karren

Jenna1561
08-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Karren,

You are always so straight forward when it comes to being you and being treated fairly. I enjoy trying on fem clothes, but still find it difficult to do so when NOT enfemme.

More power to you!

Jenna

Karren H
08-29-2006, 12:17 PM
The dress was a halter top dress and had a strange belt arangement....looked nicer on the model than on me.....though I was braless it did look nice on!!

Bought the skirt..

Love Karren

suzy
08-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Personally I like the dress better than the skirt...but I would have had to get both!:D

Karren H
08-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Personally I like the dress better than the skirt...but I would have had to get both!:D

Great!! Email me your VISA card. We can have matching outfits!! :D

I'll just wait till they put it on clearence in a few months.....

Love Karren

Shelly Preston
08-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Ok! There is no reason on this earth that you shouldn't try on that dress before you buy it!! None!! Zip!! No one cares and your the only one that's embaraced!!

Love Karren

Really

I totally disagree.

Maybe no sales assistant cares but you can't say the same for everyone else

So by that logic it should not matter who knows.

What about the feelings of other customers.

How many here could say to their wife /SO.

Honey I will be back in a few minutes I just have to go try this dress.

I dont think so ???

goofus
08-29-2006, 01:23 PM
So Karen, just to clarify, you went in dressed as a guy and tried women's things on? Did you use the men's dressing rooms or the women's?

Karren H
08-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Really

I totally disagree.

Maybe no sales assistant cares but you can't say the same for everyone else

So by that logic it should not matter who knows.

I dont think so ???

And that's your right to disagree but the few women that were near me didn't cared I was looking through the racks with them and I used the mens dressing room (always use the appropriate facilities for how I'm dressed)...so there was no incursion into their space...

And I didn't have my wife along plus she doesn't shop at this store..I don't know what that has to do with me shopping anyway...

So based on your logic...we shouldn't do anything that could potentially offend anyone?

Might as well stop dressing......lol

Love Karren

So Karen, just to clarify, you went in dressed as a guy and tried women's things on? Did you use the men's dressing rooms or the women's?

Yep. All male atire except the panties and hose and used the mens dressing room...I always use the correct facilities depending on how I'm dressed.. And try to used the unisex ones when enfemme..

Love Karren

Marla S
08-29-2006, 01:53 PM
No one cares and your the only one that's embaraced!!
Well, this is the crucial point ! Do you have a recipe at hand that cures this ? :D

Sexy_kavya26
08-29-2006, 01:57 PM
both looks great . I love skirt as it shown your legs and dress is not showing your perfect cleveage ( may be pic is not taken in angle ?) .

I love Kohls for vareity

gennee
08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
The dress was a halter top dress and had a strange belt arangement....looked nicer on the model than on me.....though I was braless it did look nice on!!

Bought the skirt..

Love Karren

I love both of them, Karren.

Gennee

Karren H
08-29-2006, 02:02 PM
Well, this is the crucial point ! Do you have a recipe at hand that cures this ? :D

Guess its like anything else that scares us...just do it once and work from there..

Even as simple as taking a bunch of male items...slacks, shirts....and place a female skirt in the middle... No one notices it as you enter the dressing room (unattended dressing room) and just try it on!!

Then when you go to buy it, ask for a gift reciept.... makes it look like your buying it as a gift..

Simple yet effective...

Love Karren

Ellaine
08-29-2006, 02:06 PM
I do enjoy your adventures... Good for you Karren. :)

Karren H
08-29-2006, 02:08 PM
both looks great . I love skirt as it shown your legs and dress is not showing your perfect cleveage ( may be pic is not taken in angle ?)

Lol. Not that pronounced when in male mode (thank god...hard to explain that!!) and didn't have on my pushup bra or inserts...

Love Karren

Marla S
08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Simple yet effective...

You're probably right.
If I think about how I sneaked around the racks, looked left and right, felt embarrased to death, just to buy a pair of pantyhose, and now even become a bit shirty if someone blocks the a rack for hours where I have seen some thights that scream "Hurry up, buy me"... oh well some people are reckless :lol2:

I have to learn this for trying on clothes too (already did it one or two times, but I am not an professional yet) :D

Denise01
08-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Both the dress and skirt look fantastic, and I would have loved to have both as well.
I too am a bit of a sale person, and unless it is something i really want, if it is not on sale I will usually not buy it.

About a month ago, i was in a ladies store, that i go to when ever i am in the city, however as i was there for a medical appointment before hand, i was in Drab.

I was looking at some dresses and a skirt set that were on the sale rack. The sales associate saw me looking at them and came over to see if she could help me.

We chatted for a minuet or two, then out of the blue, she asked me if I would like to try them on. Being in a ladies wear store, there were no fitting rooms other than the ladies. It is a good thing that i tried on the items, the skirt needed one size smaller than i normally take because of the elastic waist, but the top was one size larger.
When we found the size for the dress, while i was trying one on, the S/A found another one on the sale rack that also fit very well. I ended up with 2 dreses and one skirt and top set.

The sales people in the store were very friendly. When i was chatting with her, i asked if she had many TG people come in, and the commment was quite a few. Her opinion was, it is only clothes, and did not make any difference to her wether her customer was male or female.

So nice to be treated as a lady, even in Drab

Denise

Sharoncd
08-29-2006, 03:34 PM
I really like the dress. I to went out at lunch and bought some 3" wedge heels , in drab. I tried them on in my stocking feet, nude thigh highs, where there were several people around. I really do not care what those narrow minded people think. This is me and I like to buy dresses and shoes and shoes and shoes. I have found that most do not care. I also found that those that make the noise usally have their own problems.

Sharon

Stephenie S
08-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Denise, you said it right.

Yes, tell your wife you just have to try on this dress. Could she wait a minute or two? Good way to break the ice. Well, just kidding there.

It is true that the embarassment is in YOUR mind.

I find that a big smile goes a long way when you come out of the dressing room with that dress on to check in the mirror or to get the SA advice and you find yourself face to face with a GG waiting for the changing room. A smile and a confident hello usually get a smile in return. Compliment her on the dress she's holding also. A quick, "Oh, that will look nice on you" smooths the way for a friendly conversation about clothes.

dancer1
08-29-2006, 03:40 PM
You are the spokes person for all of us how you can handle all our vanity and still get a bargin skirt out of it, I HUMBLEY BOW TO OUR QUEEN, for she holds all our courage in her hand and every day she shed light of what it is that make the world go round, SHE HAS A GOOD TIME AND IS HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:hugs: Nadeen

Karren H
08-29-2006, 03:49 PM
We chatted for a minuet or two, then out of the blue, she asked me if I would like to try them on. Being in a ladies wear store, there were no fitting rooms other than the ladies. It is a good thing that i tried on the items, the skirt needed one size smaller than i normally take because of the elastic waist, but the top was one size larger.
When we found the size for the dress, while i was trying one on, the S/A found another one on the sale rack that also fit very well. I ended up with 2 dreses and one skirt and top set.

Denise

Exactually!! Its worth trying on just so you don't have to waste extra time and money (fuel isn't cheap anymore) taking something back... The dress was a 10 and fit nicely but the skirt was a 12 petite.. And so I probably wouldn't have bought it based on just the size alone...

Love Karren

.......I HUMBLEY BOW TO OUR QUEEN

SHE HAS A GOOD TIME AND IS HAPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:hugs: Nadeen

Hahaha...your a hoot Nadeen!! You didn't fall off your horse and hit your head....again?? Hehehe

Love Karren

sandra-leigh
08-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I totally disagree.

Yesterday I was in a thrift store, more in drab than not (though with obvious chest). All the change rooms are in a small area. When I came out from trying on some skirts (HMMM, Leather!), two of the young women there said that they loved the colour of the gold skirt I'd picked out, and they weren't at all fazed when I said it would match a gold blouse that I had.

The feelings of the other customers? They compliment me on my taste.

KarenSusan
08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
Both the skirt and dress are very pretty, Karren. BTW who took the picture?

Cassie Cas
08-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Karren,

Are the clearance racks in the same area as the rest of the clothes?

Tina Dixon
08-29-2006, 04:47 PM
What a go getter, I still breat out in hives and sweat just looking at girlie things in the store:o

Sally24
08-29-2006, 04:50 PM

I would and have! You have to start somewhere getting comfortable with yourself. Trying on clothes while in drab is pretty easy and relatively safe. Like Karen says, stick the clothes together and enter the correct dressing area for your appearance.

Sally

LisaRose
08-29-2006, 05:56 PM

Bought the skirt..

Love Karren

My last trip to JCP's I had walked in looking for just a pair of Gauchos. Walked out with 2 pair of leggings, a very sexy top and TWO wrap halter dresses. One aqua blu and one a very light, bright red. The best part was learning how to put one on and tie it. I must have spent an hour trying different arrangements. Inside out, upside down, and backwards. However, once I did work out the details I found the halter dresses to be the most sexiest garments I've ever worn. And, yes you do have to wear them braless. Which makes them even more sexy. :love:

LRH

Samantha B L
08-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Karren,the skirt and dress look just great.Half of the fun is the hunt,you could say.I've found that with very rare exceptions,practically all shopping centers,shopping malls and department stores are cd freindly. Best, Samantha

Karren H
08-29-2006, 06:35 PM
To answer two questions above...

I took the photos with my still functioning Sony Cybershot and a mini-tripod ..on self time, no flash!! Lol

And Kohls clearence racks areGrouped together, with the clothes, and are located in each of the departments...womens, misses, juniors, and petite.. Marked with a big yellow Clearence - 80% off sign.. Good marketing ploy - they make you walk through all the clothes to get to the sales which I would have done anyway!! Hehehe

Love Karren

Jodi
08-29-2006, 07:08 PM
As Karren has said, it is easier than falling off a log. If you fear open shopping, it is all in your mind. I went shopping on Sunday afternoon. Was raining and not much to do around the house. Went to my favorite outlet mall in drab.

I shopped in three of my favorite stores--BCBG/Max Azaria, Adrienne Vittadini, and Ninewest. I was specificially looking for tunic tops. I found a nice tunic in BCBG with matching leggings, and gold/brown top with chocolate brown leggings. The asst magr, Erin automatically started me a fitting room. She didn't even ask me if I wanted one. At Adriene Vittadini, I found Two nice tops that I liked. I had a $25 rebate card to spend there. The manager, April, automatically said, I'll put these in the fitting room for you and you can continue to look around. Both tops were on sale and with the rebate card, they came to $29 for both. I tried them on and bought them both. Both of these stores are high end stores and other shoppers were in the both stores. Didn't phase the staff a bit and didn't appear to phase the other customers.

At Ninewest, I tried on about 5 pairs of heels while other customers walked around me. The manager was assisting me and commenting on each pair I tried on. I got two pair of patent ankle strap peep toe pumps, one in black and the other in dark red. THey always have buy one get the second pair 50% off. I'm a sucker for Ninewest shoes. They look so nice, and they are so comfortable in the right shoe. Not one customer in the store batted an eye. Actually two women commented on how nice the shoes looked and asked if they were comfortable.

Recommendation--get over the fear and get out there and shop.

Jodi