PDA

View Full Version : pirates

privateperks
08-30-2006, 03:44 AM
Just had to say, we went out to see the second one again last night and it's just better everytime I see it. :D

Went to celebrate - I finally sat the dutch entrance exam for the university here. I should know in a few days if I'm going to school this year or not.

keeping my fingers crossed.

Taylor105
08-30-2006, 07:32 AM
Capt. is going to go :eek: when I tell you guys that I have not seen any of the Pirate movies. You guys make them sound so good though I think I will rent part one while I am laid up in bed after the surgery. I have this cool mini DVD player that I can put right on my chest when I am laying down and feel transported into another world. I know that might sound dumb but for some reason when I am watching t.v. in the living room it doesn't have the same effect as having that little DVD player on my chest with the screen just inches from my face. I feel like I am actually in the movie!! Anyway, I will see if I can check out part 1. :) taylor

CaptLex
08-30-2006, 09:30 AM
My favorite subject! :p

Capt. is going to go :eek: when I tell you guys that I have not seen any of the Pirate movies. You guys make them sound so good though I think I will rent part one while I am laid up in bed after the surgery.
LOL! Believe it or not, Taylor, I've heard that quite often. All summer long people have been telling me they never saw the first one, but want to see the second one and asking me if they should rent the first one first. I'm amazed so many people haven't seen the first since it made so much money. Some people didn't take my advice about renting the first one and went to see the second and then came back to have me explain the background to them.

I have this cool mini DVD player that I can put right on my chest when I am laying down and feel transported into another world. I know that might sound dumb but for some reason when I am watching t.v. in the living room it doesn't have the same effect as having that little DVD player on my chest with the screen just inches from my face. I feel like I am actually in the movie!! Anyway, I will see if I can check out part 1. :) taylor
I think renting it while you're recuperating is a great idea. It's cool that your mini DVD player can make you feel like you're at the movies 'cause that's the best way to watch Pirates of the Caribbean - on the big screen. Just remember to watch an extra scene that plays after the credits roll.

Perks, I enjoyed the second viewing better also because I was able to follow the plot better. Of course, the first time I was too busy drooling over Johnny and Orlando to pay much attention to the story. :heehee: I also noticed little things I didn't notice the first time, which I figured would be the case because it happened with the first one too (it took many viewings of that one before I caught all the details). I want to see Dead Man's Chest one more time on the big screen before it's gone.

CaptLex
08-31-2006, 09:21 AM
Fingers crossed! Here's hoping you get in. :D
:yt: Yup, almost forgot - good luck with Uni, Perks. Let us know how you make out.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Got my fingers crossed for ya, Perks.

privateperks
09-05-2006, 08:01 AM
Just wanted to let ya'll know I'm in.

Took long enough. But basically those pricks down in the admin wanted to jerk me around some more this morning so I went to enrollment and speaking loudly enough got the wench (no offence meant to any wenches present) behind the desk to enroll me just to get rid of me.

**** em, my foot is in the door now and if they give me any more trouble I'm going to be all over them like a bad rash.

:D :devil: :D

CaptLex
09-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Good for you - glad you got in. If they give you any more trouble, call for the FTM Fight Club - kind of like the Super Friends, but with less flashy clothes. :heehee: Good luck in school!

Shelly67
09-05-2006, 12:19 PM
On the subject of Pirates , ladies treat yourselves to a lovely frilly pirate shirt found on ebay for £20 - I did and it looks sooo sexy that the wife pinched it , so I,ve brought another lol .

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Congrats, Perks!

AmberTG
09-06-2006, 11:59 PM
CaptLex, I'll fight you for Johnny!:p I'll tell you what, you take the Johnny Depp part and I'll take the Keira Knightley part!:heehee:
These movies could end up having a life similar to the Star Wars series, I'd guess these movies are the first in a while, other then the newer Star Wars movies, where people have gone to the theater 4 or 5 times (or more) to see them. I saw the second one twice at the theater and that's very rare for me.
Amber

privateperks
09-07-2006, 12:34 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm hoping to have some fun.

privateperks
09-12-2006, 04:43 PM
wow, class hasn't even started yet and I'm already getting more shit heaped on me from the administration. The language center is pissed off that the university allowed me to enroll under their own rules while ignoring the language center. So when I went in to pick up my book, I got an earful of crap from the pinhead at the desk there who said that in her opinion, this isn't going to work and I'm going to flunk if I ask her. I pointed out that I had, in fact, NOT asked her opinion and didn't need her comments. And we were off! I don't know what their problem is but I'm not going to be dragged into some inter-administrative pissing contest. I played by one set of rules to get in, the fact that the language center doesn't like the rules really aint my concern. I just really really don't need their negative shit in my life at the moment. It really came to a head when the woman suggested that I ask my parents to cover a full year of their classes instead of just taking the two levels they said I needed to. Well excuuuuuse me, but just because I'm from the states doesn't mean I or my parents have money falling out of our butts, and if my parents did have the money they still wouldn't lend me any of it - not that it was any of her business! I was flattered that she thought I was just a kid and not 27 years old appearently, but all the same - if she doesn't know anything about my background or circumstances she should just keep her yap shut, don't you think?

I can see that I'm going to have take shit from these people for the next three years even though I got in fair and square. Well, I aint doing it with a smile on my face. If they're rude to me - they're getting the same treatment.

:Angry3:

CaptLex
09-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I can see that I'm going to have take shit from these people for the next three years even though I got in fair and square. Well, I aint doing it with a smile on my face. If they're rude to me - they're getting the same treatment. :Angry3:
Good for you, Perks, for sticking up for yourself. I think very soon they'll realize you're not one to be pushed around (if they don't realize it already). I hope they lighten up and I hope you get to enjoy school.

Taylor105
09-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I get seen as a kid all the time too. I think a lot of FTM get pegged as teens if they pass. I know I do. It kinda sucks for me because I can't attract anything but jail bait if you know what I mean. Anyway, good luck on straightening out the bullshit at school. Some of your wittisisms crack me up. Money falling out of their butts and being on them like a bad rash. You are hilarious, dude! Keep on them. You are a tough dude I know you will get 'em in the end. Later, Taylor