PDA

View Full Version : answers and help please

barbra1958
08-30-2006, 03:45 AM
ladys can you tell me what to do if i am pulled over by a police officer and i am fully dressed up?and can any body out there please tell me were there is nice place a cd can go on the weekends in atlanta georgia.thank you.:happy:

Tracy_Victoria
08-30-2006, 03:56 AM
Be honest. State you are a Crossdresser, and make that clear to him, ie Explain you are a TV/CD/TS.Most police officers are trained in unexpected situations, and you most likely will not be the first TV, they will have pulled over.

Be Honest, produce your ID/driving licence and just be natural. it's not againist the law to crossdress, nor is it against the law to drive when dressed, also many transistioning TS, have to face life dressed as a woman before surgery for two years, so be honest state your business, it not a crime to enjoy your life as you want to, he's job is to protect and serve, and that includes you!!!

All the policeman should be worried about is your intent, ie your not crossdressed for a sinister reason, so long as your calm at easy, natural and most of all Honest, he should just be able to accept you are just out enjoying your thing and doing what you like, which is not against the law!

GypsyKaren
08-30-2006, 04:04 AM
Tracy hit the nail on the head, be totally honest. I've known several police officers over the years, and they've all told me the same thing, it's the lies that get people in deeper than they'd normally be. They're basically handing you a shovel when they question you, so it's best to just put it down instead of digging yourself a hole to fall into.

Karen

Victoriasecret
08-30-2006, 04:08 AM
It,s not against the law to dress and drive (as long as u dont change features on which would identify you). To make a long storry short under surgery could be a problem)thats all i know sorry and ty for your time P.S you know the cop would love us sisters anyway lol BA-BYE

Kate Simmons
08-30-2006, 05:28 AM
Give 'em your license, registration and insurance card. Tell them you are a CD if they ask why you look like that. They will check for wants or warrents and if everything is okay, will let you go. Just be mindful to obey the traffic laws (no speeding) and that all your turn signals work, etc. You should be fine. Look natural and not nervous. Ericka Kay

tekla west
08-30-2006, 05:29 AM
Do not let the nice boys buy you drinks at the bar if you are going to drive home. I know more CDs busted this way.

Charleen
08-30-2006, 06:25 AM
Well first make sure some cleavage is showing.......

Bev06 GG
08-30-2006, 06:36 AM
Yep good advice, most police authorities are quite experienced in these matters. I actually have a policeman visit me regularly for a makeover, so you never know you could be in good company Barbara.
BEVxxxx

Sky
08-30-2006, 10:13 AM
ladys can you tell me what to do if i am pulled over by a police officer and i am fully dressed up?

Smile and say "was I speeding, officer?"

Many people said it before, but since the question keeps on coming back, it won't hurt to repeat it: it's perfectly legal. There's nothing to be afraid of. By the way, walking in drag on any street is just as legal. Don't believe the stories about police bigotry, most of them (if not all) are mere urban legends or gross exaggerations.

Phoebe Reece
08-30-2006, 10:45 AM
Barbra, the best thing to do if stopped by the police is to provide your regular driving license and some ID with your femme picture on it. In Georgia it is easy and legal to get a state issued ID card that has your femme picture on it. See this old thread of mine for info on how to do that: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15706

As for where to go in Atlanta, check this thread out: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36991

Ranee Daze
08-30-2006, 10:58 AM
I'm not sure of the law up here. I'm with those who say that being extra careful whilst behind the wheel is common sense for all times, not just CD times. Produce the papers and be honest. Unless you are trying to rob a banks or 7-11 they will assume that this is how you get your jollies, which is true.
Drive carefully girlies, it's a jungel out there!

vbcdgrl
08-30-2006, 11:12 AM
I do a lot of driving en femme and never had an encounter with the cops. My advice, DO NOT drink alcohol.....period. Drive conservatively. Make sure your car is in good condition.

Vikki

Florence Tidji
08-30-2006, 11:49 AM
just smile to the policeman and keep cool!

KarenEdwards
08-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Hi,
As someone who has spent a lot of time in Atlanta, I can tell you that there is very little to worry about there. Atlanta is a very cd friendly city with several active cd and tg groups "out and about" all the time. The Southern Comfort Conference is held there every year (September), too, so we get a lot of exposure.

I was actually involved in a traffic stop there a couple of years ago and simply showed the officer the information he requested - driver's license, registration and insurance. He never batted an eyelash. Just examined the documents, handed them back and wished me a nice day.

Karen Edwards

terrilynn
08-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Hon, just relax and offer the asked for information to the officer. I've been stopped once for a burned out tail light ( posted the story in a prev post, but cant remember which one). I was a nervous wreck at first, but the patrolman was ok with how i was dressed and stood by chatting while i put in a new bulb, which is pretty hard to do with long nails.
Always remember to check all your lights before going out, as im sure most of us are driving at night, and have fun.

Terrilynn

DaveyboyNC
08-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Being a police officer I know that the first thing when being stopped is not to get too nervous. I can assure you that most of the time the officers won't ask about your clothing choices unless they want to know where you got it from. He or she couldn't care less what your wearing as long as you're clothed to some extent, but remember they are looking so just relax. Deal politely with the reason you were stopped and you should be on your way quickly. And remember...smile:D

Davey

kenni
08-30-2006, 04:54 PM
Be honest, be yourself, be calm, and be reasonable.

In Atlanta this girl has the places to go. http://360.yahoo.com/profile-Q1KlOfQ1fq.N__d7kjwNEb27tw--?cq=1 She always has the best blogs..
Have fun in the sun.
Bambi

barbra1958
08-30-2006, 05:17 PM
thank you ladys for the help.you girls are great.now all i got to do is find a night club to have fun.