Here in Germany it is kind of a trend to publish books entitled:

Popular Fallacies about History
Popular Fallacies about Nutrition
Popular Fallacies about Science
etc.

Which chapter headings you would choose for a book entitled

Popular Fallacies about Crossdressing

I start:

Popular Fallacy: CD and TG is predominantly sexual driven.

Popular Fallacies: Every CD is gay.

Now you

Kimberly
08-30-2006, 06:05 AM
ummm...

Popular Fallacies: Every CD wears bright blue eyeshadow.

Tina Dixon
08-30-2006, 06:15 AM
ummm...

Popular Fallacies: Every CD wears bright blue eyeshadow.
Well I do:eek:

Popular Fallacies: Every CD has over a hundred pair of panties.

Marla S
08-30-2006, 06:16 AM
Good one :lol2: *goes counting*

Alice460
08-30-2006, 06:23 AM
Popular Fallacies: That every cd wants to become TS.

Kate Simmons
08-30-2006, 07:23 AM
Every CD wears evening gowns, 6" heels and wants massive cleavage (and is afraid to move or she will "fall apart"). Ericka Kay

Phyliss
08-30-2006, 07:38 AM
Every CD is limp wristed, speaks with a "lispth" and sways their hips provocativly in hopes of attracting a young man.

Kimberly
08-30-2006, 07:41 AM
Well I do:eek:
So do I - on occassion. I'm talking the stereotypical view of a CD with nothing but red lips, blushered to death cheeks, and bright blue eyeshadow.

I was personally horrified about a GG on-stage last night who was playing a 1920s maid and had bright blue eyeshadow on.
1) I could see it all the way from the box (back of the auditorium),
2) She would not be wearing that kind of make-up in the 1920s!

Janailene
08-30-2006, 07:55 AM
Every CD was forced into dressing by a MOTHER who wanted a daughter.

Calliope
08-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Popular Fallacy: Every CD is trying to replace his wife.

(Did I just say that?)

Charleen
08-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Popular Fallacy: Every CD is trying to replace his wife.

(Did I just say that?)

Ah, yeah, I seem to heard that before. WAIT A MINUTE! Holy Cr@p! You mean to tell me that none of that stuff is true?:eek: Oh well, here I go back again to the drawing board!:straightface: Love and xxxx, Lily

Ms. Donna
08-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Don't forget these 'Popular Fallacies':
Crossdressers are sick
Crossdressers are perverts
Crossdressers are child molesters
Crossdressers are sinners
Crossdressing is a lifestyle choice
No right minded woman would marry a Crossdresser

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Marla S
08-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks Ladies, good stuff so far.

Keep on posting.

I'd like to invite our GGs too. Should be interesting to get some reply from your perspective too.

Ellaine
08-30-2006, 09:32 AM
Crossdressers steal panties off washing lines.... Hey you look GUILTY!:eek:

CaptLex
08-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Donna stole all of mine :p . . . but here's another: that all CDs are MtF.

sandra-leigh
08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Every CD is limp wristed, speaks with a "lispth" and sways their hips provocativly in hopes of attracting a young man.

"On the Internet, nobody knows that you are limp-wristed!"

I've noticed, by the way, that my lisp disappears when I speak in my femme voice.

Ranee Daze
08-30-2006, 11:05 AM
Lousy lovers, aren't we, so unable to simpathize with a woman's feelings and physical needs are we. ?

Sharon
08-30-2006, 11:14 AM
That CDs can be categorized/generalized any more than any other group of people.

Ellie
08-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Popular Fallacy: All CDs hate their "boy" parts.

loki_uk
08-30-2006, 12:40 PM

Well I do :2c:

kathy gg
08-30-2006, 04:10 PM
All cd's only like to have sex dressed as women.

If you encourage your husband too much he will want to go full time.

*now if I had a dollar for everytime I heard that second one!*

DaveyboyNC
08-30-2006, 04:31 PM
So...what would the main Fallacy be for cross dressers?

Davey:D

Butterfly Bill
08-30-2006, 06:03 PM
CDs never have beards.

All CDs like high heels.

All CDs have floor length mirrors.
(Wait, I think that one's true.)

Ms. Donna
08-30-2006, 06:19 PM
Popular Fallacy: All CDs hate their "boy" parts.
Don't hate 'em - but if they disapeared I can't say I'd miss 'em. :)

Love & Stuff,
Donna

Audrey34
08-30-2006, 06:31 PM
That CDs can be categorized/generalized any more than any other group of people.

Bondage people have a HUGE bunch of myths about them (they hate women, they secretly wish to abduct women/girls and rape them, potential serial killers, can't get aroused unless holding a piece of rope). So I get hit from both sides of the aisle!
-Audrey

gennee
08-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Don't forget these 'Popular Fallacies':
Crossdressers are sick
Crossdressers are perverts
Crossdressers are child molesters
Crossdressers are sinners
Crossdressing is a lifestyle choice
No right minded woman would marry a Crossdresser

Love & Stuff,
Donna

I have heard these fallacies the most, especially the top two.

Gennee
:straightface: :mad:

terza
08-30-2006, 09:20 PM
cd falacy: crossdressers are open-minded intellectual liberals (who have high regard for personal choice)

Lisa Maren
08-30-2006, 10:16 PM
CD Fallacy: Crossdressing is another name for being a drag queen. (I've seen/heard that one from time to time).

Hugs,
Lisa

Nike
08-30-2006, 10:19 PM
Sometimes you feel like a ****..... sometimes you don't

admirerplus GG
08-30-2006, 10:40 PM
It seems to me that many fallacies have already been identified here.

I originally came to this forum with an ideal viewpoint. I assumed that most CDs have a greater capacity to empathise with womens' issues and concerns. I also assumed that most CDs are more capable of expressing their emotions and feelings, because they are more in touch with their feminine side. I have yet to learn whether my assumptions are true or false.

I find this forum so interesting precisely because every single myth about CDs has been de-mystified for me. So far, I have learned a great deal from reading all of the various posts and threads. One consistency; everyone remains an individual. Another consistency; CDs are never boring. You Girls are terrific!

Nike
08-30-2006, 10:49 PM
Sometimes you feel like a ****..... sometimes you don't

Kimberley
08-30-2006, 11:31 PM
A CD always wears red with pink.

ReginaK
08-31-2006, 03:25 AM
Popular fallacy: All crossdressers want to pass as women.

Marla S
08-31-2006, 04:22 AM
So...what would the main Fallacy be for cross dressers?
Definetly the one with the biggest impact form the society's side is: CD = sick and/or pervert.

Probably the one with the biggest impact from the TG folks side is:

crossdressers are open-minded intellectual liberals (who have high regard for personal choice)
(Thanks terza, I like this one a lot.)

The ones with the biggest impact on Zygomaticus major muscle (the one responsible for laughing) is Tina's panty-count and Bill's floor-lenght-mirror.
The first is close to be true, the latter is indeed true; I have two of them :lol2:

Kate Simmons
08-31-2006, 05:13 AM
a CD would never wear a real derringer in a garterI wear a short Katana behind my back when I'm in action mode. Ericka Kay

loki_uk
08-31-2006, 05:47 AM
I wear a short Katana behind my back when I'm in action mode. Ericka Kay

You sure you're names not Lara lol

Antonia
08-31-2006, 10:16 AM
All CDs want to behave like a **** when dressed and fancy men.

That really annoys me!

Beth x

Marla S
08-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Ladies and Gent(s),

you are great !
After rereading this thread again the book "Popular Fallacies about Crossdressing" almost srceams for to be written.
Could be an interesting project for the writer's-society-forum.
We have people here with a profound knowlage about TG literature, we have people with a great lot of experiences, we have people with a great sense of humor etc.
If we could mix up this to a collection of short essay up to about max. 1000 words each, written in kind of CD-Wiki manner, this could be quite interesting, funny and maybe even helpful.

I know this is one of the ideas that rather belongs to wishfull thinking and is not very likely to happen. But dreaming is allowed :hugs:

Anayway, keep on posting.

Christina Nicole
08-31-2006, 07:22 PM
He

Popular Fallacy: CD and TG is predominantly sexual driven.

Popular Fallacies: Every CD is gay.

Sigh.

It would be a lot easier for people to believe those were false if it weren't for so many posts that mention sex, being attracted to men, being a hottie, a vamp, a ****, and so forth. Outsiders must start thinking, what do we believe about their level of credulity.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Marla S
08-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Sigh.

It would be a lot easier for people to believe those were false if it weren't for so many posts that mention sex, being attracted to men, being a hottie, a vamp, a ****, and so forth. Outsiders must start thinking, what do we believe about their level of credulity.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

You are absolutaly right, and I admit that I am a bit confused by it myself.
I doesn't want to accept this as the real nature of CDing, though I get my doubts sometimes (wishfull thinking ?). I wish we would be more geared to real existing women than to those phantasies that jumped right out of a males head.*
Not that I wouldn't like to dress erotic or sexy sometimes too, but that is something not ment for the public.
In this sense I applaud that the lingerie section was closed, and I get a shiver from every stocking seam I see here.

*Have my theories why that is, but that's a different story.

ArleneRaquel
08-31-2006, 08:07 PM
That CD'ers are inclined to the left politically. :love:

Marla S
08-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Popular Fallacy: The higher the heels the more fem. ;)

Veronica GG
09-03-2006, 12:16 PM

I originally came to this forum with an ideal viewpoint. I assumed that most CDs have a greater capacity to empathise with womens' issues and concerns. I also assumed that most CDs are more capable of expressing their emotions and feelings, because they are more in touch with their feminine side. I have yet to learn whether my assumptions are true or false.

I find this forum so interesting precisely because every single myth about CDs has been de-mystified for me. So far, I have learned a great deal from reading all of the various posts and threads. One consistency; everyone remains an individual. Another consistency; CDs are never boring. You Girls are terrific!

I will just say one word about what admirerplus posted: AGREE !!!

"I also assumed that most CDs are more capable of expressing their emotions and feelings, because they are more in touch with their feminine side"

You are absolutely right Admirerplus!!!!!!!!!

Joy Carter
09-03-2006, 02:21 PM

OMG I think I'm in :love: Your just swell Hun :hugs:

GG Vanya
09-03-2006, 03:10 PM

As did I AP. I guess I've lived in a very small world as regards crossdressing.

I've certainly had my eyes opened about this myth. I think I prefer my small world. :happy: Here in our protected environment, and with MY beloved, who *does* have a greater capacity to empathise with womens' issues and concerns is where I belong.

It can, and does, get ugly "out there."

And to keep on topic~another myth, or two:

CD's have better legs and look better when dressed, than their SO's.

Men become CDs because they don't like male attire.