PDA

View Full Version : Two different personalities

KarenSusan
08-30-2006, 10:26 AM
As a guy I will wear socks with holes in them or sometimes
even mismatched or maybe a tee shirt with a hole in it.
In other words, clean but a little sloppy.

When I become Karen Sue, it becomes vitally important that
my nightgown match the robe, my bra match my panties, handbag
match shoes, lipstick match nail polish and there not be the
slightest trace of a run in my nylons.

A complete persona change. Am I alone in this or has anyone
else experienced a transformation like this?

pinkshelly
08-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Oh no, I too could not care less about the male me. Then again it's just for work really. ALL I do is for the female me. Like you I try to get the bra, panties, blouse, and skirt to mach. What I eat and when excersize is all for Shelly.
Huggs, Shelly.

Marla S
08-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Similar here, but I don't interpret it as different personalities.

Drab mode: Why should I care for something I don't care for and that is just plain boring ?

Fem-mode: I like to express my personality through clothes and this as good and as well styled as possible (most often includes male-labeled clothes too, though.).

Sexy_kavya26
08-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Additon to you , when i m in female mode my personality changes . i also posted same question in different forums and never got answer back . lets see here .

it is strange when i m in female mode i became left handed and when in male mode i m right handed . i dont know why . may be i m holding always makeup brush and camera in right hand always ?

Siobhan Marie
08-30-2006, 10:37 AM
When I dress my personality does change, I am more relaxed, that much I know. Just wish that I could be like this more, but I can't. I prefer the Anna side of me more than the Bruey side.

:hugs: Anna x

Janailene
08-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Personality does modify. Yes, I am much more aware of style and co-ordination. Do my heels match my handbag etc.

The biggest difference is that Janice is MUCH more aware of her figure and cares about her weight. I have lost over 30 pounds since starting to dress again. As my wife says, I have a thinner woman inside of me.

pinkshelly
08-30-2006, 11:07 AM
[I have a thinner woman inside of me.[/QUOTE]

I love that Janailene, I too think theres a thinner woman inside.
Huggs, Shelly.

Charleen
08-30-2006, 11:45 AM
I did a thread on this a while back titled- OMG, I'm cleaner! Since I have become Lily almost always now, I have to be clean! Charlie is/was such a slob that I don't want to go into his habits. Two people? Not if I can help it! Love and xxxx, Lily

Kimberly
08-30-2006, 12:07 PM
Like most, I find my guy clothes incredibly boring. Sometimes I'll pick "an outift" if going out somewhere, or I'll dress smartly and coordinated - but mostly I prefer looking good in my female attire. :)

Ellie
08-30-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm 100% the same way.

As a guy my GF would have to get after me for wanting to go out with a messy shirt or jeans with holes in them and as Ellie she accuses me of being a fashionista! Everything has to match, be clean and neat.

It's not just the clothes either, I take much better care of my skin and nails now.

I guess as a guy clothes were just something to cover and protect me where as my girly clothes are more like decoration. I've tried to dress up in guy clothes, even spent $1k on several outfits at a mens store, but they just don't feel the same.

JeanneF
08-30-2006, 01:05 PM
No, I'm the same vain little fashionista in both boy and girl mode. I'm just as likely to dress trendy and fashionable as a boy.

JoAnnDallas
08-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Must be a common trait of CDer. I guess it's because when we are in drab mode, we have to present ourselfs in public that way. When enfem, we let the women inside of us out and she is all girl.....

I am the same way. The difference is some of my fem side does extend into my drab side. I have started eating better, lost weight, I use Olay products on my face and neck, taking better care of my nails, feet and toes, no one including my wife notices my shaved legs, chest, and arms.

Kate Simmons
08-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Demanding little hussy aren't you Karen? Your guy self wears moth eaten socks but you have to have everything perfect. Geez, no wonder guys hate women. If you think that's bad try four different personas , no make that five, and try to keep all the little buggars straight. Each one of my "selves" is unique within his or her self and are really aspects of myself. That's why I'm workin' so hard to get 'em together. Richard is an organizer, Ericka is a wild little thing. Eric is Ericka when she wants to dress in drab and Kay is a "girly girl" who like to wear guy clothes even though she likes being feminine. The new one, Susan is the Little girl from the "girlhood" I never had (can't wait for puberty!), so I guess I'll be going to LG camp this year. What the hell, I've done most everything else. Anyway, a lot of you are understanding what I mean that you have different feelings as your femme selves. My guy self is the cultured and organized one, my girl self is the wild badass. Whoda figured? Ericka Kay

Marlena Dahlstrom
08-31-2006, 01:26 AM
Must be a common trait of CDer. I guess it's because when we are in drab mode, we have to present ourselfs in public that way.

Speak for yourself girlfriend... :p

En homme, I'm definitely metrosexual. Why let those dressing skills go to waste?

Seriously, you're only "in drab" if you let yourself be. It really does pain me to see folks who slob out -- after all we're not really different people depending on how we're dressed, it's all just different aspects of the same person.

kittypw GG
08-31-2006, 07:27 AM
Wisely spoken as usual Marlena. Now if we could just get some of what you have and transfuse that into all CD's who want to have accepting partners then you got a compatible relationship. :D Kitty

En homme, I'm definitely metrosexual. Why let those dressing skills go to waste?

Seriously, you're only "in drab" if you let yourself be. It really does pain me to see folks who slob out -- after all we're not really different people depending on how we're dressed, it's all just different aspects of the same person.

DAVIDA
08-31-2006, 07:52 AM
My wife's biggest problem with me has to do with"FASHION SENSE". I can put together a nice outfit, for her or me, but I can't seem to get it right in mens clothes.:heehee:

Calliope
08-31-2006, 08:13 AM
Seriously, you're only "in drab" if you let yourself be.

I think it's satisfying to merge the two personae to the point where the better characteristics of each define the 'new' person. Even when I'm presenting as a guy, I am borrowing half of DT's clothes and mannerisms.

She's pretty generous.

Wenda
08-31-2006, 08:24 AM
The big difference for me is shopping. The male side just buys what is needed, when needed. Wenda has been banned from shopping with my GF because it is just too dangerous for the credit card! Who needs 20 pairs of shoes, 6 pairs of boots, 25 bras, etc, etc?

Lisa-by-night
08-31-2006, 08:31 AM

I would agree, but it takes far more effort with the guy clothes to make it work.

Tessa Wire
08-31-2006, 08:52 AM
I must agree with you, as a guy we just don't care about what other people think about how we look as long as we are clean, However as a woman apperance is everything,

ravens_roost2004
08-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Dressed as a guy, I am the macho kind of person. But when I dress enfem, I turn into Tina and feel so fem. I love the feeling. Now I just need to work up the nerve to take Tina out on the town. All dressed up and afraid to go.

sandra-leigh
08-31-2006, 09:15 AM
I can put together a nice outfit, for her or me, but I can't seem to get it right in mens clothes.

I was thinking about this about two days ago, and the (perhaps simplistic) answer I came up with is this:

As a heterosexual guy, it's the women that I'm looking at, not the other guys. Thus I have developed a much better sense of what looks good on a woman than I have of what looks good on a man.

Besides, in the environment I work in, in the part of town I work in, "well-dressed man" is highly correlated with "suit" (or at least "jacket"), and the minutiae of suits is boring compared to the varieties of womens clothes...

alysonatl
09-01-2006, 11:35 AM
I definitely take on a different personality. Alyson id more outgoing, friendlier and more talkative than my male side. I've had terrific conversations with women looking over dresses, in changing rooms and just doing girly things. I walk differently, use female mannerisms and body language, and use words like a woman,saying that a dress is cute or adorable and knowing the difference. I call other women hon, and dear and look upon myself as one of the girls.