PDA

View Full Version : Shopping online ....

JayinNYC
12-18-2004, 10:55 PM
Hello all. Im looking to start up my wardrobe ..... any suggestions online where to shop ( Inexpensively ) or maybe in the NYC area? Thanks, and keep looking beautiful !!!!

Tristen Cox
12-18-2004, 11:05 PM
are you kidding ;) well I'm not sure all of these Links (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1025)
are cheap but I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time shopping!

Love
Tristen

ashley82
12-18-2004, 11:18 PM
To elaborate on Jay's question, are there any online stores you ladies have personally ordered from? Good or bad experiences? Inexpensive?

Sharon
12-18-2004, 11:21 PM
I'm always talking about Newport News here, but it is definitely my favorite. Especially if you buy sales and clearance. EBay is good also -- but I only buy new, never used. You need to be careful though since S&H can sometimes wipe out any savings you think you've made.

kimmjacoby
12-19-2004, 01:15 AM
sharon,
i agree with you, newport news is my favorite also. a stylish line in our sizes.

hugs,
kimm :)

Donna Louise
12-19-2004, 08:38 AM
I am a thrift store nut. I have bought many new items with the tags still on them. I have bought used items, I always look at labels to see how much wear is on them. You can get an idea of the wear by labels and fadding/fraying. Always, always before I even try them on wash or dry clean them. Example I picked up a lovely black evening dress (with tags $65) I got it for $7. Draw back to this is, I have to best guess on fit. I have bought somethings and had to get rid of them because there was no way to squeeze into them.

I also look in stores for clearance racks and I love stores that are closing/moving. I have gotten things for up to 70% off.

Ebay is another, you can't try it on. I have gotten great deals there. If you plan on bidding I would suggest you go to a auction sniping service like Auctionstealer.com. I get 3 free auctions a week. You pick an item, place a max bid and within 20 seconds of the end of the auction it will go in and bid for you. If you want to pay, you can get it down to 5 seconds. I got my wife 2 Buffy Season DVD sets that way.

I hope this helps.

Donna Louise

Amelie
12-19-2004, 09:50 AM
You live in NYC, there must be many palces to shop. NYC is a dream place for CDs to shop. If you want clothes that are different from what others are wearing, go to the Antique Boutique on Broadway near Astor Pl.(712 Broadway). I used to shop here, they have lots of vintage womens' clothes, and vintage jewelry. I don't know if they are still in the same spot, they were on B'way just south of 14St. There are some good stores along 8th St between 6 and B'way, here you'll find quite a few shoe stores. Also along B'way and just south of the Antique Boutique are some good shops.
If you live in NYC, you probably know where to shop.
Amelie

PS- When I said they are on B'way just below 14St, I was refering to Andy's Cheapies, another vintage clothe store. I don't know how I left the name out up above, I must still be sleepy.

DonnaT
12-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Most any of the department stores have online shopping. JC Penny, Sears, Dillards, Hecht's, Macy's, Payless Shoes, etc. etc.