PDA

View Full Version : No luck :(

heathr1
08-30-2006, 01:13 PM
I recently emailed 3 Virgin Cosmetics reps to explain that although a man, I would be interested in trying out and purchasing their lipsticks and nail polishes.

I also explained I respect the fact that most, if not all of their customers are women.

One did not reply, then I received an email from a senior consultant, on another rep's behalf explaining their make-up is available online.

The third rep explained that I may order from her own site, or the main site and items will be sent to my home address. I then sent an email asking if a meeting to test products was possible and she replied saying no as she'd be uncomfortable, but would send me a catalogue.

Also, I emailed 3 beauty salons explaining I'm a man wanting a pedicure and coloured polish. One of the salons advertises treatments for men.......

None replied.

Ellie
08-30-2006, 01:21 PM
That's strange, usually the profit motive is much stronger then a sales person's gender issues.

As for me, I simply went to the salon that my GF goes to and they were more then helpful. Perhaps if the salon were to see you (and your money) in person they would be more likely to help you out.

JoAnnDallas
08-30-2006, 01:42 PM
As for the nail salon, I have not found one that would not do a manicure/pedicure/nail polish/eyebrow wax for me. I have made appointments and done walk-ins. I have seen many men in Nail Salons getting their nails done. I have acrylic nails and get fills evry two weeks and a full workup once a month.

Now I have had other customers have reactions when they see me getting my toe nails painted. Usually it is what I call the "Big Eye" look. That is their eyes get real big as they stare at my feet and Realize that I am getting my toes painted. I even had another customer remark that "She wished she could get her husband to come to the nail salon and even get his toes polished". Another customer even Recommended a Particular color for my toes.

So don't fret about Nail Salons, just pick one that is good, either make a appoitment or if they welcome Walk-Ins, walk in and tell them what you want. BTW, I have NEVER had one refuse me or had customers make any sly or rude remarks.

Find a May Kay rep. We have one her at work and she is always dropping a catalog at my desk. I was supprised to find out that they have comsetics for men now and they will also sell you something for the wife too. LOL

DanaJ
08-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Like the others here, I have had many salon services en drab (manis, pedis, fills, waxings, facials, etc) and never been turned down.

Perhaps it was something in your email, could you post it here so we could see? Maybe there was something you wrote that you could not see that would make them uncomfortable, but would be easy for others to see perhaps?

Sandra
08-30-2006, 01:47 PM
That is strange I would just turn up at the salon,we did and had no problems. As for Virgin the 3rd rep was honest saying she would be uncomfortable and she did offer to send you a catalogue, I would try that and see how it goes.

heathr1
08-30-2006, 02:34 PM
Thanks Tamara.

I've just emailed a fourth rep and said I'm transgendered.

I'll let you know the reply.

heathr1
08-31-2006, 01:50 PM
Great news.

The fourth rep's reply with Tamara's advice....

HI XXX
I COULD SEND YOU SOME SAMPLES IF YOU SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS.
I CAN MEET YOU IF YOU WISH, WE ARE HAVING A XMAS COSMETIC TRAINING NIGHT ON 4TH SEP AT THE XXXXX AT XXXXXX, STARTS AT 7-30PM. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF RECRUITING A CROSS DRESSER INTO MY TEAM AT THE MOMENT TOO.
KIND REGARDS
JAN X

Peg
08-31-2006, 02:23 PM
would love to get the courage to go get my nails done love to had them filed and painted Peg

Lisa Golightly
08-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Richard Branson is forever appearing in drag to flog his companies to the masses... Kettle... pot... black anyone?