PDA

View Full Version : suprisingly ..... out

rosiegurl
08-30-2006, 09:26 PM
ever since my mother came across from the UK to visit I have had this growing desire to come out to her, but lacked the verbal skills, and quite simply the nuts to do so *chuckles* Was never quite sure where this reticence came from, because I have never had any doubts that she would be supportive, or at least accepting. She's one of the cool mom's like that. starting to think I just got lucky with the women in my life *LOL*

anyway, she returned to england a couple of months ago, talked to her on the phone a few times and always trying to figure a way to work it into the conversation. Well, today we were talking and something my SO said jokingly infront of her about blackmailing me with my secrets came up, and my mother told me that she knew what they were.

So, of course, been the type who will always push at a sore spot till it blows up, usually in my face *grins* I asked her what, and she came right out and told me, and that she's known for at least a couple of years, to say I was gobsmaked would be an understatment. Knowing all this time and not even letting me know she knew *LOL*

saying that, I don't think she fully understands about the whole "dressing in womens clothing" bit is all about, but just the fact she was so cool about it blew me away.

anyway, I know this is kind of a pointless post, but I just had to tell someone *grins*

Bobbie cd
08-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Hi Rosie,

I don't think it pointless at all.
I find it very heartening that your mum already knew, never threw it at you, obviously still loves you just the same.
I too would be flabbergasted, but very happy to be in that situation. (Frankly I don't believe my mother would be that understanding at all.:sad: )

Billijo49504
08-31-2006, 12:02 AM
Hi, Actually I think it's very wonderful that your mum knew, but didn't say anything. She didn't know how to approach the subject, with out offending you. That's one very fine lady. Give her a big hug!!!
You might want to ask her if she wants to see you dressed, she might surprise you, and say yes. But if she says NO, please respect her wishes. Knowing and not having it shoved in your face can be her way of excepting it. Good luck and definately she deserves a big hug....BJ

Angie G
08-31-2006, 12:16 AM
Hi Rosie your mom sounds like a grand lady give her a:hugs: for me :hugs:
Angie G.

Sejd
08-31-2006, 02:27 AM
not pointless at all. Great story
thanks
Sejd

rosiegurl
08-31-2006, 03:07 AM
she is a wonderful woman *smiles* and thank you for all your lovely comments.

as to her seeing me dressed, well am not so sure my step father would be quite as understanding *grins* we have that lovely manly relashinship of going to the garage to fix things, and saw planks of wood *LOL* really not sure how he would take me like this, and I love them both enough not to force the issue. but as they both live in the UK anyway, not gonna be much of a chance of that regardless *grins*

Kimberly
08-31-2006, 04:30 AM
What a way to come out! :p

Now, talk to her properly - and give her the juicy details. :)

eleyna
08-31-2006, 04:49 AM
So envious - I've never wanted to come out to my parents, but I missed a golden opportunity when I was a young kid to be taken on the journey under the guidance of a GG, and turned it down hoping for something more from her. Yay for you :)

DAVIDA
08-31-2006, 07:06 AM
I told my mother years ago. As soon as I told her , I asked her to shorten a skirt.( she is very good on a sewing machine) she just said not to make a habit of it.:heehee:

Antonia
08-31-2006, 10:11 AM
Mums are great aren't they!
I hope my mum would be as supportive if I told her. Although, she prob knows too!! Wouldn't be surprised!

Beth xx

pinkshelly
08-31-2006, 11:06 AM
Goes to show, you can never get one over on moms. They know, don't know how, but they do.
Glad to hear and if she's been talking to you for the last two years shows she's supportive.
Huggs, Shelly.

JenniferMint
08-31-2006, 05:44 PM
So did you figure out how did your mother find out that you crossdress, despite living in another country?

rosiegurl
09-01-2006, 01:35 AM
that bits easy, whenever I go back to englnad to visit I always stay with my mum, and always seem to be there in time for the christmas sales.

so of course, I had to go shopping for my SO in them *chuckles* enough to fill a suitcase.

looking at it like that, would be kinda hard to miss *laughs*

Janailene
09-01-2006, 06:12 AM
I never came out to my Mom, but I am sure she knew. She was always finding her underware and clothing in strange places and asked me to stop taking them. Once she found a sanitary belt and Kotex under my mattress. She asked about it but it went no further.

As a young teen she took my brother and me on a weekend ski trip. He had clothing to ski but I did not.A daughter of friend of Mom's had ski clothes and we borrowed those instead of buying. The outfit had stretch pants with matching jacket that zipped just to the waist. There were co-ordinated sweaters and a hat and gloves. When we got on the lift, the assistant mistook us for Mother and daughter. Wow!