PDA

View Full Version : I had a bra sizing and fitting today

Billijo49504
08-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi folks, Today the wife and I went to our favorite store, Lane Byrant. While we were there, there were about a dozen customers, I asked one of the SA if she could descreetly measure me for bra sizing. She said sure, step behind the wall, andI'll be there in a minute. She put the tape around me twice and said you are now a 40 B, I was wearing a 38C with an extender, since I gained a few pounds. Then she took me over to the bras ans showed me a few bras in my size and asked if I wanted to try them on. All of this was handled very tastefully. I was very comfortable, and was not embarrased by the way she treated me. Oh, by the way, we spent over $600. The wife got more than me, but I got a few bras and 5 pairs of panties and a pr of jeans. Oh and I bought the wife a nice leather coat. I've had great service at every LB store I've been to...BJ

vet
08-31-2006, 06:02 AM
A year or so ago I mustered the courage to walk into Lane Bryants (alone) to ask for "the biggest size bra you have" - for a bachelor party I told her. She graciously brought me a size 46DDD bra (white) and said it was their largest. I bought it despite there being several other women in the store - sales gal even took $5 off the price by using a store coupon.

I don't think she thought the bra was for me. Someday soon I'd like to do it again and look at the choices she provides.

DAVIDA
08-31-2006, 06:11 AM
It is nice to go in a store and they have your size. L B is great for us "full figure" girls.

Stephenie S
08-31-2006, 07:40 AM
See girls?

Spend money in a store and they will treat you like royalty. $600? I bet they greet you well when you come back.

Lovies,

Steph

Maddie
08-31-2006, 03:04 PM
Billijo
i took your advice and went to lane bryant and asked for a fitting

the girl did it right there in the store and helped me find some bras that fit

she then asked if i wanted to try them on which i did

the first ones were too big so we found some down i size

fit fine

all in male mode it was great she also asked if i wanted to open an account i should have would have got an extra 20% off Oh well

thanks for the tip

vbcdgrl
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
As I've said before, I have purchased a lot of stuff on line from LB. Most of it has fit well and looked good. And, I've heard a lot of good things on here about LB. If, and when, I get the courage to go shopping en femme, LB will be the first place I'll hit. There's one in the mall close to me, but, you have to walk through the mall to get in, no outside access. Gonna wait 'till school starts and go on a weekday when the mall first opens.

Vikki

Kellicd848
08-31-2006, 04:49 PM
I have not tried to get my fitting correct at the Lane Bryant store but I may feel comfortable asking for one now.
Thanks for the Info
Katy

Edie
08-31-2006, 05:31 PM
Speaking of bras. I love my Nu-Bra. Properly positioned, it produces great cleavage and fullness of my boobs, and the good thing is since it is stick on, it stays in place no matter how much you raise your arms to brush your hair, put on a top, a necklace etc. They are hard ot beat!

nikisbest
08-31-2006, 05:38 PM
Speaking of bras. I love my Nu-Bra. Properly positioned, it produces great cleavage and fullness of my boobs, and the good thing is since it is stick on, it stays in place no matter how much you raise your arms to brush your hair, put on a top, a necklace etc. They are hard ot beat!

Edie,

What is the cheapest price you have seen for those?
I would like to buy one, but I hate to pay alot for it when I JUST
bought breastforms.

Niki

Edie
08-31-2006, 07:58 PM
The best price I have found is $19.99 at www.acesori.com. They list it as the Oh Bra but it is the same thing as the Nu Bra. I bought mine at www.laurensilva.com for $25.00 but that was b/c I was getting some other items at the same time.

Billijo49504
09-01-2006, 12:18 AM
Edie, I got something like them for about $12 from Dot's. Don't know if you have them in your area, but we do.
Maddie, I have never been treated baddly at any LB store. And I've been to a lot of them.
vbcdgrl, You don't have to shop enfem, I don't, and most of the employees know us by name. My male name. Atleast at one of the 3 stores here. Actually, I helped Mary and Deanna put up some of the signage they were putting up.
Maddie, I'm proud of you gurl. You went in, in boy mode, and got fit for a bra, fantastic!!!!! Just remember, A SA at a store told me, If the bra fits, you should be wearing it. Boy or girl. Or as Ann Landers used to say, if you can carry a pencil under the boobs, you need a bra.
Stephenie S, Deanne told me she wished at that moment, she would have been working for commision, insted of by the hour.
But ladies, I do mainly shop at one of the store, of 3, in our area. And I did do something unusual, I went from a new card holder to a platinum card holder in 13 months. That is some heavey duty shopping...BJ

ophillia
09-04-2006, 09:09 AM
After work today, I'm going to Fashion Bug for my first bra sizing. I called to see if they did fittings and she told me yes just come in and we will take care of you. I'll let you know how I was treated.

Phyliss
09-04-2006, 02:37 PM
Another of "those little steps" we have to take. Getting a "proper fitting" at a store. Not to say anything bad about L.B. but my first fitting was all wrong, I don't think the S.A. really knew what she was doing. The good part was it helped me to get up the courage to get another at a lingerie store where the owner measured me and helped me pick out a correct size for me.
A bra fitting is another "rite of passage" on our journey, and a wonderful "rite" is can be.
Edie, the Nu-Bra is wonderful. See my post titled "The Girls" where I mention about buying one recently. I love that thing, and just hate to have to take it off.

Rachel Morley
09-04-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh, by the way, we spent over $600.
Phew that's a lot of bras!! ...ok,ok,....I'm joking :D I guess the leather coast cost quite a bit. Seriously though BJ ...way to go! Having a bra fitting (especially in boy mode) seems like THE most feminizing thing to do. I'd love to do it one day. Your size of 40B is that without forms? I have no idea what size I am without forms....probabaly a 36A at a guess.

Thanks for sharing....I enjoy "bra posts" :happy:

Girly Sara
09-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Bra fittings are fab and i so enjoyed my one a few months ago!

Sara xx