PDA

View Full Version : Fem Name VS Male Name

Melanie
09-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Hi,
I was wondering how many of us girls pick 'fem names' that are similiar to your male name?
In my experience so far I've met a lot that do- eg. Jack aka 'Jaqueline'.

I just picked a name that I think suited the look I was trying to achieve and that I liked the sound of.
My first name being Phil and my fem name once being Valerie and now Melanie,lol
I know it's a bit confusing eh,lol.

Hugs to all of you,

Melanie :hugs:

Trisha
09-01-2006, 12:04 AM
my real name is robert but i like trisha better :happy:

tekla west
09-01-2006, 12:12 AM
For me they are not even close, except both are odd. I go by Kat, which is a long standing nickname in male mode, so I just fashioned a middle name out of it.

ColleenCD
09-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Colleen was a girl in 6th grade I had a crush on. It's nothing like my male name but it seems to fit.

Colleen

eleyna
09-01-2006, 12:26 AM
There is a D/s spin to my crossdress, Eleyna was a wonderful girl that I was very close to for a long time, but later when my masculinity came under threat by these silly interests in women's clothing, I tried one last gasp at convincing myself I just wanted GG sub-women in those things, and I tried to apply those notions to Eleyna. Later on I told a Lady about this, and She felt that Eleyna would be a perfect name for my girly self, for the admiration I felt for Eleyna and her wonderfully subtle femininity and the darker connotations of what I had tried to imagine applying to her might come about.

KarenSusan
09-01-2006, 01:11 AM
Karen and Susan were friends when I was younger. My fem name isn't
anything like my boy name.

Vash
09-01-2006, 01:35 AM
I don't think Vash is even a "real" name. It was the name of a character I saw on a TV <no pun intended> show. I really liked the name so I use it.If I had to pick a "real" name I think it would be Christine. There really is no Fem name even close to mine

Mandy Salamander
09-01-2006, 01:46 AM
as with others,,, my f~m names 'r not even close,,, but Salamander 's a nickname given mee when verrrrrry young, 'n Mandy 's jus' a reeeeeally,reeeeeally cute name that works well with 't!!!,,,,,

Jeanine
09-01-2006, 06:07 AM
My name is James but my three older sisters called me Jamie, Jane or Jean after catching mr wearing their their bras, underwear, and dresses so many times ... After Mom took me to a Gender Councelor she finally allowed to wear feminine clothes at home when I was 14 ... I sort of liked the name Jean back then, but when I moved intoan apartment of my own at about 19, I thought that "Jeanine" sounded much moer sexy, and I've stuck with Jeanine ever since.
Hugs to all.
Jeanine

Sarah Rabbit
09-01-2006, 06:16 AM
I am Sarah...My mmmmale nnnnname iiiiiss sssssss...ummm....sssssss...I can't say, it's to damn hard here at CD.com. It will suffice to say that they both start with S, but that is their only similarity:heehee:

Hmm 'Lady Sarah' has a nice ring to it..

Sarah R. :bunny:

Karren H
09-01-2006, 06:20 AM
Karren - K + W.....do the math.....lol

Love Karren

Tina Dixon
09-01-2006, 06:21 AM
Tina or Tim, there you go the two of me:devil:

Teddie
09-01-2006, 06:24 AM
My middle name is Theodore, and my wife gave me my fem name, Teddie.

Kate Simmons
09-01-2006, 06:32 AM
I started out as Heather years ago. Then I was Victoria. Now I'm Ericka (and Eric and Kay and Susan). Unless you are new or from Mars, you know my guy name is Richard. :happy: Ericka Kay

Lawren
09-01-2006, 06:44 AM
I just shortened Lawrence to Lawren.

Lisa Golightly
09-01-2006, 06:45 AM
My parents were going to call me Lisa if I'd been a girl.

Kieron Andrew
09-01-2006, 06:59 AM
My parents were going to call me Lisa if I'd been a girl.and we all know where Golightly came from hehe!!

michelle-h
09-01-2006, 07:28 AM
My real name is Mitchell. I had a grandfather that would call me Michelle as a nick name. Also, lots of the kids called me Michelle to give me a hard time. So the name has some history with me. I didn't like it then, but it just seems to fit now. Not very creative, I know, but now its part of who I am.

Michelle-H

Lisa Golightly
09-01-2006, 07:31 AM
and we all know where Golightly came from hehe!!

"That's right. I'm just CRAZY about Tiffany's!" Holly Golightly...

I think it was this bit which hit a nerve for me all those years ago...

"Poor cat! Poor slob! Poor slob without a name! The way I see it I haven't got the right to give him one. We don't belong to each other. We just took up one day by the river. I don't want to own anything until I find a place where me and things go together. I'm not sure where that is but I know what it is like. It's like Tiffany's." :)

Keely
09-01-2006, 07:34 AM
No, not even close.

KateLongman27
09-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Mine isn't even close. If I did have a male name that could convert into a femme name I don't think I would. Besides I'm happy with Kate.

Dana Carlton
09-01-2006, 07:46 AM
Yes, my male name and female are very close. Just drop one letter (but I'm not telling you which one - duh!). Went by just Dana for years. People I chat and converse with usually just guess my real male name is Carlton. WRONG! Added my last name about 6-7 years ago, just to give myself more of a complete identity.That name comes from a close friend of mine (also a cd)who lost his life to cancer, and for me is kind of a tribute to him.

EricaCD
09-01-2006, 08:21 AM
My male name is not Eric, and if I had been paying more attention I probably would have selected a fem name that did not have a male analogue. But I always liked the name Erica and it seemed to fit my personality well.

lynnrichards
09-01-2006, 08:22 AM
My first name is Richard and my middle name is Lynn. I was often told that if I were a girl, I would have been named Lynn. So, it seemed natural to name myself Lynn Richards

Ashley Helen
09-01-2006, 08:22 AM
My names are not similar at all. Fem name is one I would have called a daughter, if I had one.
I had thought about using my middle name which can be used by either sex - Ashley.

Helen xx

Calliope
09-01-2006, 08:35 AM
I don't use a fem name - at least, not yet.

I mean, I do a lot of shopping with a credit card - and that has my (legal) birth name on it. When I get to California, I plan to get a new ID card - and I'll pose for the photo enfemme (that's how I almost always look). Maybe first I'll legally change my name.

Not to DayTripper.

I mean, that's a ludicrous name.

Gale R
09-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Changed the first letter of my name from D to G though my real name can be used for both sexes.:heehee:

Hugs Gale.

stephi
09-01-2006, 02:01 PM
I thought of the most femme name I could and chose Steph - nothing like my own. Always thought Stephanie Beecham was very classy and femme.

Can anybody else type with long sexy nails?

Luv
Stephi

krisybryant
09-01-2006, 02:29 PM
I saw a very good post on this topic somewhere - probably on here - or maybe an article on Tri-Ess site. There were basically 3 methods of choosing. I paraphrase:

1) Fit your personality/look
2) Close to your masculine name
3) Someone/something you admire

The interesting thing was that the article paired these methods of choosing with age. (I don't remember what age group used which method.) One I remember was youger CD - 20 & 30 somethings - tend to choose close to their birth name.

Personally, I'm a 30 something, and it's true I chose a name close to my own even before I read that article. Weird, but true. I also did a Google search. I understand the power of the internet and I didn't want to be confused with someone else or have bad press. My name is unique as far as Google is concerned.

Annaliese
09-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Anna would have been my name if I would have been born with all the right parts or should I say the lack of parts. My little sister got my name when she was born I found this out a few year ago. The first name I pick a long time ago was Ann I change it to Anna after my mom told me the story.

Anna

Paula G
09-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Paula is the feminine form of the male name usually connected to my first name. I am thinking of changing it to a name that suits me better, but haven't come up with anything yet.

DonnaT
09-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Mine aren't close either.

Calliope
09-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Ah ha! Inspiration!

I'll legally change my first name to my wife's first name!

Won't she be surprised?

Whoa ... on second thought ...

ChristineRenee
09-01-2006, 03:30 PM
My given first name is Bruce. I picked Christine after the Stephen King novel and movie Christine about a '58 Plymouth Fury that "possesses" it's owner. For some time now, however, I have preferred to go by Chrissie. I think that it fits my personality more and seems friendlier and less formal. Renee is the name my mother was going to name me if I had been born a girl. Renee also means "to be reborn" in French...and I thought that was very fitting for me as well.;)

Lissa Stevens
09-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Mine are not close. My name is Steve but I fell in love with Melissa Sue Anderson's name, from Little House On The Prairie. So now I use Melissa or Lissa to my friends.

Kimberly
09-01-2006, 05:27 PM
My real name is Sam, but I didn't want to go down the Samantha route -- too many childhood memories of very "intellectual" name calling. :p

I say Kimberly outloud, and actually think it sounds funny, but Sam has about 18 years on this name, so I'll see how it goes. :)

lucy
09-01-2006, 05:34 PM
my dad wanted me as a girl. well to bad he cant enjoy it anymore but guess they wouldnt had given me the name lucy. Its close for my m-name. :love:

brittanny
09-01-2006, 07:00 PM
mine are kind of close but not real close anyway I have considered changing it several times but Brittanny has been my name for so long it would be a pain so i just will keep it

gretafemme
09-01-2006, 07:35 PM
My real name is close to my femme name of Greta (Greg). But, I will say that it had nothing to do with my wanting a name close to my given boys name. Without being too "mystical" or anything, it really did drop right into my heart and mind spontaneously. I know I will always be Greta too. It fits, and I answer to it with ease. Interesting thread, I think a lot of you girls have names quite suited to you, in your case, I will wager that your names will stay what they are. Anyway, my two cents.....Happy Holiday weekend to all my sisters!:hugs:

Jennifer4cd
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
For many years I used Lee (leigh) but a couple of years ago I became Jennifer. I just love thae name. Richard doesn't mind either.

eleventhdr
09-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Is very different from my real male name.

Just because i've always felt like i was a Suzy Ann type of girl and would be like that if and when i were ever able to become one oh well

Jay Suzy!

uknowhoo
09-01-2006, 11:06 PM
My femme name is very close to my male name as well.

Billijo49504
09-02-2006, 12:36 AM
Mom was going to call me Billi, if I would have been a girl, and Dad was Joe. so it's BilliJo...BJ

AmberTG
09-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Amber is not even close to my birth name, it's just the name that I found myself comfortable with as I was pondering the name question. I'd like to find an androgenious name for myself that I'm comfortable with so I could legally change my first name and not worry about an I.D. problem in the future, a name that I could use in either mode.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-02-2006, 01:38 AM
My male name is kind of bland, so I chose a femme name that was a bit more flambouyant.

Clare
09-02-2006, 03:21 AM
My names are nothing alike!

David is my male name and CLARE is what you all know me as...

Way back in the early days, I used a Japanese name for a short time (ahh, can't recall what it was either!), then most recently I used Christine for a short while because my ex wife called me that in jest one day. After we split, I chose CLARE as I feel it's just the right name for me - it fits!

Barb Valentine
09-02-2006, 03:25 AM
The first letters are the same
But that's about it

Tracy Lynn
09-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Mine is the same, just spelled different, I just changed the "y" to "ie",

Siobhan Marie
09-02-2006, 09:56 AM
My real name is Bruce, and you all know me as Anna. I knew quite a few Anna's as I was growing up and to say the name aloud, I think it fits me like a glove.

:hugs: Anna x

Taffy
09-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Not even close here, either. I picked the name through a pretty exhaustive process, but then that comes with being an engineer.

Taffy Cheerful

missy collins
09-02-2006, 12:09 PM
is a name my sisters gave me when i was 10. my real names robbie. i use my lovers last name since we were married a few years ago. missy fits still since i too feel it goes with my attitude and look, young and perky. missy:happy:

SaraJane
09-02-2006, 12:25 PM
I chose Sara but my real name is Jerry, I thought about using Jeri but dicided it was to much like my real name.

Kittptcd
09-02-2006, 12:29 PM
Kitt has always facinated me and what goes with Ken but if I chose again McKenna is sweet too
Kisses Kitt

keydup2
09-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Teddie,you are so lucky to be able to enjoy both sides.
I will keep searching

Alexandria
09-02-2006, 01:07 PM
My real name is Scott until my friends started calling me "Scottisha" after I started dressing.

I hated Scottisha so I made up my own name. Alexandria/Alexandra (whichever doesn't matter I suppose) worked for me. They love the name so it stuck.

Ms. Donna
09-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Donna Lynn Matthews

No real relation between the names. I choose Donna because I liked it. Lynn sounded good with Donna - and my middle name is Matthew.

Love & Stuff,
Donna

MarinaTwelve200
09-02-2006, 01:35 PM
My middle name is Martin, but I hate the name "martha" so I chose Marina instead:D

Lisa Golightly
09-02-2006, 01:42 PM
End of the day I get called Lisa by my friends... Although my industry nickname is Elvis... Gawd knows why?!!

Jennifer Giovannetta
09-02-2006, 02:12 PM
I like the name Jennifer. But is has nothing to do with my male name.

kateyliz
09-02-2006, 02:40 PM
I have known three Kathleens (with variable spellings) and had crushes on two of them. They were all beautiful and intelligent. Plus I like the sound of the name and of the various nicknames. Hugs,Kathy

lahr
09-02-2006, 04:44 PM
My real name is Lawrence Byron Hausch. Problem. Dad, both Grandfathers and a cousin were named Lawrence. At first the family called me B from my middle name instead of larry. Ok. When I was very young, one of Moms German friends caught me in drag and she said oooooh lahhhhr. She had that heavy german accent and the name lahr has stuck with me.

susancheerleader
09-02-2006, 05:17 PM
My male name is Philip. The fem name I chose is Susan. Not even close to the same...
I chose Susan because Susan is the name of the first girl I had a major crush on. :p Pluse, I like the name.

ElleCD
09-02-2006, 05:40 PM
My male name is John. I thought about choosing Sinead (John-Sean-Sinead) but I chose Eleanor because it felt right.

fiona_libby
09-02-2006, 07:10 PM
My given name is nothing like the name I have picked to be a true reflection of who I grown to be, and it also reflects the three entirely different but wonderfully feminine Fiona's I have met during my life. The middle name 'libby' is short for elizabeth a feminine name I like.:happy:

Claire I
09-02-2006, 08:18 PM
It didn't occur to me to base my femme name on my real name; unnecessarily limiting.

Claire - a "nice" short name, I just like the way it sounds
Alia - I like Sci-Fi, one of the key characters in Dune
Pearson - My mothers, mothers maiden name.

Claire

Krystenw
09-02-2006, 08:24 PM
My mother wanted a girl. She spelled my name Christen on my birth certificate. I prefer Krysten.
Most just call me Krys anyway.

Samantha B L
09-02-2006, 08:28 PM
My Fem name is Samantha B L and it's a takeoff on my real name. After I was out of high school for awhile I eventually came into circumstances where I made freinds with other crossdressers who right away called me Samantha.So you can go figure my real name. Actually I always liked the name Samantha and it gives me pleasure to be called by it.

DAVIDA
09-02-2006, 08:37 PM
I was calling myself Shea, but here the name was taken so I just added the A. I am kind of liking it now.

Raychel
09-03-2006, 05:52 AM
I have had several fem name changes over the last year. After trying all those names I have settled on Raychel, which is just an extension of my real name. Still working on the last name. For now it is Drescher, but I am not real happy that and it could very well change.

marcielegs
09-03-2006, 12:46 PM
Marcie always seemed to be a very sexy name to me. It is not close to my male name.

leanne44
09-03-2006, 01:16 PM
hi: my name is stephen lee anderson.
So when I chose a fem name
it came out Leanne.
well its close ya see.!

Paula Thomas
09-03-2006, 01:58 PM
My name "Paula Thomas" is similar to my real name, with "Thomas" my middle name. My last name on many documents can be "explained away" as my "married" name, with "Thomas" being my "maiden" name.

If someone sees me and says "Paul", and I react, I can explain it as "I thought I heard you way 'Paula'".

Tiana
09-03-2006, 03:26 PM
i love the names Tina and Tarnia so my logical fem name was Tiana to me anyhow

LeAnn
09-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Le is neuter and my middle name. I just like Ann: He,It,She

Kellicd848
09-03-2006, 04:01 PM
My Male name is not even close to my female name. I just liked this name and it stuck with me
Katy

Josie
09-03-2006, 04:23 PM
Joann is pretty close to my male name only different.

Melanie
09-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks girls,

for all your repsonses, what an interesting read,yes I read them all,took me a while but it was fun,

Hugs,

Melanie :hugs:

pennyma
09-05-2006, 06:19 PM
I started out with erin because that was going to be my girl name at birth then when I told my gf about my dressing she didn't like that name and renamed me penny none even close to my real name of steve

Methos
09-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Well I based my fem name Victoria off my middle name

paula
09-05-2006, 06:51 PM
my fem name is paula it cams from my best GG frend.

Lee51964
09-05-2006, 08:00 PM
we were haveing some drinks and he called me Sarah and I liked it

Staci
09-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I just picked a name that I thought was pretty. It is nothing like my real name.