PDA

View Full Version : Nails

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Hi girls,

I have mentioned that I keep my nails painted, even when dressed in drab, in pretty much every thread that I have posted in. So it is about time that I put my money where my mouth is and show them to you. So here they are.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2307&stc=1

Sorry about the photo quality. It's hard to take a photo of your own hand. That is how they were last week, a dark brown colour, called Hazelnut. This week I am just going to shorten them a bit, as they are starting to get in the way of typing, and go for clear varnish. I'll try to post a picture of them later, when they are dry.

How many of you paint your nails? and do you keep them painted when in drab?

Sorry for the obvious 'me, me, me' nature of this thread, feel free to ignore me, lol.

SilkenPrincess
12-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Hi Mona!
I wish my hands were as pretty...
Maybe it's my imagination, but it sure seems like the prettiest T-girls are in the UK. Guess I was not only born with the wrong "equipment", but on the wrong side of "the pond" as well!
Love,
SilkenPrincess

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Thank you Allison,

Maybe I should have put it in quotes, lol. It is my new favourite term. "Me, me, me!"

DanaJ
12-19-2004, 01:51 PM
Mona - great nails! Wow, I would love to go around with my nails polished all the time, maybe you have inspired me :)

DanaJ

genevieve_ohara
12-19-2004, 02:01 PM
Oh my!

Absolutely beautiful!

The attention you give your hands perfectly matches what we see in your avatar...elegant, classic, impeccable.

I am enchanted.

Love,

Genevieve

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Mona - great nails! Wow, I would love to go around with my nails polished all the time, maybe you have inspired me :)

DanaJI say go for it! I started off with normal length (for a boy) nails and started to paint them black or dark blue. When all my friends got used to it and thought that it was just me trying to stand out (as if!), I started to use more colours. After a while I just let them grow longer and longer and started to use lighter and more colours. Now none of my friends or work colleagues bat an eye whatever the length or colour of my nails.

The only comments that I get is shops or on the streets have been positive and most women love them.

So I say again, go for it!

Beach Chick
12-19-2004, 02:37 PM
Mona, your hand is so hot. Please...

Wait a minute! I have NEVER said that before. "Your hand is so hot."

Did you cast a spell on me?

Spells are so hot.

Love

Beach Chick

Julie
12-19-2004, 02:42 PM
Really lovely nails Mona.

Allison & Mona there's nothing wrong in saying "Me, me, me" you've both earned the right to say it.

JJ

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Thank you Gen and Julie, you're too kind.

Beach Chick, is there anything that you don't find hot? Hmmm, a spell, maybe I did.

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 04:37 PM
Okay, so this is how they are without any nail varnish/polish, just buffed to within an inch of their lives.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2308&stc=1
I think that I will leave them plain for a day, just to let them breathe a bit, before I cover them up again.

Amelie
12-19-2004, 05:26 PM
Yes,, Mona,, very nice nails. I like the brown color as well. I can't grow nails like these, I have a bad habit of biting my nails.
Amelie

christine55
12-19-2004, 05:30 PM
With nails as nice as that, I don't see why you even dress in drab at all.
It would seem to me that anyone would know you enjoy being a girl.
Why not go full time?
Hugs, Christine

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Thanks Erica, Amelie and Christine,

I think I am lucky that I have never bitten my nails. Even when I used to work in construction I had them long. I think that the hammering that they took over the years has made them stronger than normal, like how a callus builds up on skin. They very rarely break anymore. The down side is that my keyboard looks like it was attacked by Wolverine, all deep grooves and slashes cut into the keys, and you have to remember when you scratch to go a bit easy.

Christine,I would love to dress full time, but alas, the rest of me has a lot of catching up to do before that will happen, if ever. I think that, when I am in drab, the assumption is that I am gay, which is fine by me. I can be a bit effeminate in my mannerisms when I'm not paying attention.

Tristen Cox
12-19-2004, 07:23 PM
You've got my vote Mona. Great looking nails painted or not, and very nice hands too. I only get to treat myself at home but I love to got full out and do them as best I can when I'm at it. I do wish I could grow them out that long or even go for the french tips. Anyhow lovely nails Mona keep up the beautiful work!

Love
Tristen

and Beach Chick, paleeease..

Georgette
12-19-2004, 07:28 PM
Nice Mona I think they look great, I too am working on my own, in fact today at the Sears store I was complimented on mine by a very nice sales lady she wanted to know who did them I said I do. i don't think they look as nice as yours but I am getting there.

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 07:32 PM
You've got my vote Mona. Great looking nails painted or not, and very nice hands too. I only get to treat myself at home but I love to got full out and do them as best I can when I'm at it. I do wish I could grow them out that long or even go for the french tips. Anyhow lovely nails Mona keep up the beautiful work!
Hi Tristen, and thank you.
I am mildly obsessive about my hands, I exfoliate and use an epilator once a week to keep them and my arms hair free and smooth, and moisturise daily. I do my nails once a week too, after a hot bath. Shaping and buffing and varnishing/polishing. i really must get a life!
Why can't you grow yours out? Just a bit?

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 07:39 PM
Nice Mona I think they look great, I too am working on my own, in fact today at the Sears store I was complimented on mine by a very nice sales lady she wanted to know who did them I said I do. i don't think they look as nice as yours but I getting there.
Thank you Georgette,
One of the best things is the attention that you get from sales girls in shops. They are always complimentary and ask nice questions. It does make a day that little bit better. :)

One thing that I have found is that cutting them square across and just rounding the corners makes them a lot stronger than filing them into ovals. It seems to keep the integrity of the arch better, so less breaking.

Tristen Cox
12-19-2004, 09:03 PM
Why can't you grow yours out? Just a bit?

I can grow them out to where they are just beyond the tip of my fingers, but like Erica the first two love to take a nose dive after that. Still trying to train them, as you said keeping the edge straight and only rounding the corners. Yet they do grow pretty slow so it's taking awhile. I've gotten very attentive of them so I will get them to grow my way eventually. ;)

Love
Tristen

Donna Louise
12-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Mona

I'm just plain jealous! There it is said. You have lovely hands and nails. I could not grow any if I tried much less keep my hands in that shape. I install flooring and I always have little cuts on my hands and nails constantly breaking. I can bearly get them to the end of my fingers.

Hugs
Donna Louise

DonnaT
12-19-2004, 10:06 PM
Very feminine hand(s) Mona.

I've gone out (drab) with my nails done in different shades of pink or red. I don't worry about what any one may think about it either. Sometimes I get a kick out of seeing a checkout clerk notice, but be afraid to comment on them.

I guess with your long nails, it wouldn't matter whether they were polished or not, to the casual observer that is, since they are feminine even without polish.

Sharon
12-19-2004, 10:15 PM
Beautiful nails Mona!
I also have long nails (at least the ones that haven't broken!), but, unlike you, there seems little I can do to disguise the "man hands." You ever try to buy women's rings in sizes 11 and 12? Not easy! :(
The longer nails help my fingers appear longer and more slender than they actually are, but if I took a close-up picture like yours, the would be no mistaking them.

racquel
12-19-2004, 10:32 PM
stunning Mona.

Sweet Susan
12-21-2004, 03:53 AM
Your hands are as beautiful as your face! I do paint my nails, but I never go out in drab with painted finger nails. I have to say that you have big balls for a lady.

AnnaMaria
12-21-2004, 11:15 AM
Jealous doesn't even start to describe what I feel. You have lovely hands and nails. I truly would have thought that your pictures were of a womans hand if I didn't know better. You are so lucky.

I am trying to get my nails to grow out right now. I have been keeping mine polished all the time for a couple weeks and have really enjoied the idea. But I keep them painted with clear due to having kids in the house. I have also been painting my toes and have found that it is actually quite sexy. I never really paid much attention to women who paint their toe nails until now and I have started to notice over the last few months that a lot of women do it and probably don't even think about it. Lucky for me it's cold right now so there is no need to explain why I keep socks on when there are others in the house.

huggs
anna

MonaSmith
12-21-2004, 01:54 PM
Ahhh, thank you all so very, very much.

I really love this forum, and all of you girls on it.

This is turning into an amazing week for me.

LindaTS
12-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Wow Mona, Your nails are beautiful. I thought mine were long, I try to keep them about 1" long. But I'm not able to wear polish when in drab.

Beach Chick
12-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Mona,

Everyone agrees...your hands are so HOT.

and....and....

oh I forgot what I was going to say

Love

Beach Chick

Tonia
12-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Okay, so this is how they are without any nail varnish/polish, just buffed to within an inch of their lives.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2308&stc=1
I think that I will leave them plain for a day, just to let them breathe a bit, before I cover them up again.

Mona forget the Nails, Look at those beautiful Hands your skin is so soft and very lady like. I love a well manicured hand that makes your whole Look even better. Great Job on the nails and the Avatar picture keep them coming …….

Hugs Tonia :)

MonaSmith
12-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Again, thank you to everyone for the lovely comments.

If it's any consolation, I have really ugly feet.

love you all

Mona xx

Julie York
12-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Yeah!....Mona has ugly feet nah nah nah....

Bet you're lying.

MonaSmith
12-22-2004, 01:48 PM
Yeah!....Mona has ugly feet nah nah nah....

Bet you're lying.
Don't make me post a picture! I wouldn't want to offend.

Julie York
12-22-2004, 02:29 PM
You are allowed to wear sheer stockings and pretty shoes if you have to..

(She's falling for it! I can tell!)

MonaSmith
12-22-2004, 02:34 PM
You are allowed to wear sheer stockings and pretty shoes if you have to..

(She's falling for it! I can tell!)
Lol, I was thinking more a before/after, boy feet/girl feet shot.

Julie York
12-22-2004, 02:52 PM
ooooh. Thanks for the photo. Now the others missed it cos they weren't paying attention.

HAHA

Paula A
12-22-2004, 03:19 PM
Mona;
Ugly feet?? good thing the technology isnt there for e-smell! LOL Just kidding Mona

Very nice nails indeed. I keep my nails about 3mm beyond the tip of my finger, any more than that and my middle fingers curl under, but they are getting there, like you Im taking it in small slow steps. I keep a clear or cream colored polish on them, I'll start colors soon enough I hope after my wife and I have a chat after the hollidays.

MonaSmith
12-22-2004, 07:17 PM
I'll start colors soon enough I hope after my wife and I have a chat after the hollidays. Good luck with that Paula, I hope it goes well for you.

Julie, are you trying to get me into trouble? I get enough of that kind of behaviour from Beach Chick!

Beach Chick
12-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Hey Julie York!

Mona's feet are HOT!

BETTER than her avatar...BETTER than her hands.

And don't get me started on her TOES!

You're new here...don't you know her feet won a NOBEL PRIZE?

Geez...

Beach Chick

Mona's Feet:

MonaSmith
12-22-2004, 08:32 PM
I am sooo sorry Julie, But Beach Chick is just a wee bit possesive of me.

She is quite uncontrollable, it seems.

I'll give her a spanking when I see her.

Sorry, again.

Fallen Angel
12-23-2004, 12:21 AM
mona they a gorgous!! there i said it to i have to use clue on mostly french tips and because most of us have larger hands it hard to find nial tips in our size but im happy to tell you all at target they have come out with nails for larger hands so i bought my self some they wont be as pretty but they will be just my size mona your one lucky lady and graet tast in colors

LindaTS
12-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Hi Paula,
It seems that we're almost neighbors. I live in Richfield Springs about 70 miles west of Albany. Good luck with longer nails. I try to keep mine abot 1" long and shaped. Sometimes I get a funny look from people but they usually don't actually say anything. Most of the time, that is. LOL

MAGGIE MAE
12-23-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi girls,

I have mentioned that I keep my nails painted, even when dressed in drab, in pretty much every thread that I have posted in. So it is about time that I put my money where my mouth is and show them to you. So here they are.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2307&stc=1

Sorry about the photo quality. It's hard to take a photo of your own hand. That is how they were last week, a dark brown colour, called Hazelnut. This week I am just going to shorten them a bit, as they are starting to get in the way of typing, and go for clear varnish. I'll try to post a picture of them later, when they are dry.

How many of you paint your nails? and do you keep them painted when in drab?

Sorry for the obvious 'me, me, me' nature of this thread, feel free to ignore me, lol.

I too keep my nails painted most of the time. I find there is nothing quite as relaxing and feminine feeling as sitting in a salon and having a full set of acrylics applied and a fresh pedicure. Personally I love color and normally I wear a wine or burgandy but occassionally I opt for a frenchy or possibly a pink or purple depending on the season.

MonaSmith
01-09-2005, 07:59 PM
pic of new nail color :)

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ce36bdc8/d1a5/__sr_/2095.jpg?phKTd4BBa.JjwjRdHi Erica,

That is a really pretty colour, your nails look great.

Love Mona xx.

paulaN
01-09-2005, 08:38 PM
hands and nails look real good I can tell you take care of them very well. Very well done.

stevie h
01-09-2005, 10:45 PM
lovely nails and hands mona. i love to wear clear on mine. yours look great. jealous. they are an insparation though.

stevie

Tamara Croft
01-09-2005, 10:54 PM
How did I miss this thread :( You have beautiful well kept nails and I must say very femme hands. So tell us your secret to long nails... how do you keep them so nice??

Tamara x

DonnaT
01-09-2005, 11:48 PM
pic of new nail color :)

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/ce36bdc8/d1a5/__sr_/2095.jpg?phKTd4BBa.JjwjRd

:( Couldn't get the link to work.

Julia Legs
01-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi Mona,yout nails aer exquisite i would love to see thwm in a high posihed red.Like everything else you are one of the true beauties on this site.You have got it going on.Keep it up,were all behind you,some closer than you know.Simply Beautiful.Julia Legs!!!

MonaSmith
01-10-2005, 05:50 AM
Hi all,

Thanks girls, I thought that this thread was long gone!

I think that genetics has a big part to play in my nails being as they are, I've never bitten my nails, I also spend a lot of time on them, buffing, shaping, etc. I believe, that like everything else in life you get out what you put in.

I wear rubber glove when I wash the dishes (if you put a small bit of cotton wool in the end of each finger it stops your nails from piercing them) as the strong degtergent makes them weaker, I use hand and nail moisturiser (dry nails are brittle and prone to crack), never grab for anything without considering the position of my hand first (which stops you breaking them against doors, etc) and I'm always very, very careful when I scratch myself (you don't want to catch a nipple with one of theses babies!!).

Like I said before, the shape makes a difference too, square cut with the corners rounded slightly works best for me. I just use an emery board (never use metal nail files!!) to keep the sides free from frayed edges and always file from the side to the middle of the nail to prevent splitting/fraying. I also buff weekly, to exfoliate them and stimulate bloodflow to encourage new and faster growth.

That's it really, like I said it's probably down to genetics and none of the things that I do make much difference anyway, lol, still I do have fun doing them.

Thanks again for listening to me go on about myself, and thanks to Erica for restarting the thread (Do you keep your nails painted all the time Erica? If not, you should, they look pretty.) it's nice to get back to the important things after all this stress and grief recently, lol.

Love Mona xx.

nikky
01-25-2005, 01:38 AM
wow mona. i let my nails grow to a certain point and then i feel bad and chop em of. and then i feel awful. i have never polished them and worn them in public. except on halloween but i love pink tonails. keep up the good workl

Fiona K
01-26-2005, 07:49 AM
Hi Mona,
How did I miss this thread!!?!?!?!?!?

Wow, what can I say that hasn't been said? Not a lot really. Your hands and nails look great! I keep mine alittle longer than usual for a guy and occasionally use a strengthener on them but not much else. I am inspired now!

Take care of them!
Fiona
xx

MonaSmith
01-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Hi Mona,
How did I miss this thread!!?!?!?!?!?

Wow, what can I say that hasn't been said? Not a lot really. Your hands and nails look great! I keep mine alittle longer than usual for a guy and occasionally use a strengthener on them but not much else. I am inspired now!

Take care of them!
Fiona
xxHi Fiona, this thread keeps on geting resurrected, I'm surprised that anyone is still looking at it.

I would feel naked without my nails now. I haven't painted them for a week or so, but usually I keep them coloured. I saw an old work colleague on Tuesday and he remarked on my nails not being painted, that goes to show how often I do them. I need to spend a bit of time on them this weekend though as they are starting to affect my typing.

You could just buff them to a shine if you don't think that you could get away with painting them, or just use clear varnish to make them shine.

Thank you for keeping my thread alive, lol.

Mona xx.

Fiona K
01-27-2005, 06:35 AM
I know what you mean Mona, I stopped biting my nails years ago but have been known to pick at them!!! Managed to stop that last year and love to have them a little longer than the norm (for a guy).

I really need to pay attention to cuticles etc, shape's OK 'till I break one!! I do keep clear polish on my toes though.

Anyway your hands are fantastic, I'm very jealous and will need to take better care of mine.

Take care
Fiona
xx

MonaSmith
01-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Thanks Fiona,

I never bit my nails, so I am lucky. Well done for breaking the habit, I'll bet you're glad you did now. An hour once a week is all you need for a bit of pampering and to keep them in good condition, well worth it.

Speak to you soon

Mona xx.

angieSP
01-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Wow Mona, awesome hands. They are definitely passible for a girl. That is one thing that is hard to hide. As for me, I like to paint my toenails.