PDA

View Full Version : I Love My Nail Tech!!

AllisonUK
12-19-2004, 01:36 PM

DanaJ
12-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Wow!! Allison, that is great! There is no better experience than having a group of salon girls fussing over you - I a jealous! :)

DanaJ

MonaSmith
12-19-2004, 02:14 PM
Okay, so I will now HAVE to go and get my nails done professionally. You are inspiring me more and more Allison. I hope you have lots of fun. You need to take lots of photos and keep us all informed.

Fiona K
12-19-2004, 02:29 PM
Jealous again Allison,
Fiona
xx

KewTnCurvy GG
12-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Cool Allison! I would imagine that most stylists and cosmetologists are pretty liberal gals (and bois) and have seen--as she said--just about everything. They love challenges (not that you're a challenge, but the 'keep you boi looking whilst making you female' is a challenge). So, good for you. And again, Fiona, great pic--love the look!:)

hugs
kew

DonnaT
12-19-2004, 10:50 PM
That's great Allison. You mentioned in another thread, with pictures, that you wanted to work on the makeup, so nows the time when you've got all these wonderfull GGs willing to help. Make sure to keep good notes. Hey, film it!

Got my wife a manicure last night and she asked if I wanted one too. I would ahve taken her up on it, but I would have had to remove the polish today or tomorrow. Plus with my woodworking hobbies, the nails don't stay in shape very long.

MonaSmith
12-20-2004, 01:48 PM
Hopefully after a make-up lesson I will lose the shakes that I always have when trying to apply it. My eyeliner is always shocking due to this. Though maybe I should also learn to breath at the same time!! For some reason I tend to hold my breath 'til I'm ready to explode when trying to put on the warpaint, dunno what that's all about?!? :confused:Hi, Allison,
I do that too, but it's because, without my glasses, I have to get close to the mirror to see what I'm doing and breathing makes the mirror steam up. That and the fact that the waist clincher pretty much stops all blood/air flow anyway.

Rikki
12-20-2004, 02:55 PM
Allison, you are soooo lucky, I so envy you that you can do that. And yes, take advantage of it all as you can, Oh to have the chance to makeup like that, would give a left nut for, maybe a right one too.
Rikki :p

Paula A
12-20-2004, 04:44 PM
Allison;
I'm so happy for you,(jealous/envious for me) I think its really great. Have fun friday at the hair dressers, Since afterwards you are going out to a mates place for eggnog how are you going to leave it boi or girly mode? Remember the crap they delt you a couple of weekends ago. Just trying to look out for ya.

I tried to grow my hair real long last year, I did not cut it for about 16 months, I told everyone I was going for the David Beckham look (since no one over here know who David Seaman is) Anyway it looked bad since I have thin hair and my head is thinning to boot. so you have no idea how lucky you are girl.

We have a salon near by with private booths in the back for wig fittings and the like for cancer patiants and such with a back door. ( I have not called for an appointment yet - too chicken and Poor, more poor than chicken, OK! poor chicken!) Maybe your salon has such a private area for you make over.