PDA

View Full Version : An idea for your consideration and opinions.

Noel Chimes
09-01-2006, 05:56 PM
I had this thought the other day and I wantred to know what everyone thought about it.:daydreaming: It involves makeovers dressing and getting in the public eye.:eek:
If you have a favorite salon ask the owner if she (or he ) would be interested in some advertising. Simply put you get the makeover and go walking around town wearing a button that says, " ask me". Most likely people would ask the obvious question, "are you a guy?":Angry3: To which you would reply, "no I am a walking billboard for this salon. And because you stoped me here is a card you can redeem for $5.00 off on any service " :love: (that's if the store owner will go for it.) The card will have the usual information on it, but on the back a little message," if we can make him look this good just think what we can do for you.":doll:
Of course you would not be alone. Someone from the salon would go with you and perhaps take pictures( or not).:hugs: :silly: Who knows maybe if you can generate enough new customers, the salon would give you a free makeover next time you come in. :jumping:
Like I said, it was just a thought that came into my head one day. Maybe I should get rid of the blonde wig. Opinions please.

KarenSusan
09-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Sounds like it might be a good idea, Noel. Except in my case unless the salon owner was exceptionally good at her craft, I would end up driving business away.:happy:

Jennaie
09-01-2006, 08:33 PM
The only two makeovers I have had done by professionals made me look like a hooker or a drag queen, I'm not sure which. I think it takes an exceptional person who works with cds all the time to do a good makeover on one. I don't believe the average beauty salon is capable of achieving a good look for a cd.

If people are walking up to me asking me if I am a guy, the salon didn't do the job I would have been hoping for. :happy:

Wenda
09-01-2006, 09:10 PM
I like your idea, and am going to propose it to Caralee's Sugar Shack, the girls who made me over for my cheerleader project. If it works, and I don't get fired from my day job, I will let everyone know.

Noel Chimes
09-02-2006, 04:17 AM
. I think it takes an exceptional person who works with cds all the time to do a good makeover on one. I don't believe the average beauty salon is capable of achieving a good look for a cd.

If people are walking up to me asking me if I am a guy, the salon didn't do the job I would have been hoping for. :happy:

In my case Jennaie I'm over 6' (giveaway) and the neck has a large apple(GIVEAWAY) However I do agree with you that it would take a special talent to acheive the perfect look. Right now I looking for a salon that can turn me into Tina Turner. Ok so I dream BIG. Anyone in the St.Louis area have any suggestions of salons?
I do appreciate the love from all of you and look forward to hearing more.:love: