PDA

View Full Version : Smooth shaving?

Sejd
09-01-2006, 07:27 PM
How do you get a really smooth shave? I have pretty even and smooth skin but I never seem to completely get the shave perfect. What do you use? do you wax also? (OK, I know I don't have years of experience) but any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks girls
Sejd

joanlynn28
09-01-2006, 09:45 PM
What do you mean by a smooth shave are you talking about legs, arms, or your face. For me I use a Gillitte Mach3 razor and Silkiance shaving cream. You will find that the more that you shave the smoother you skin will become. Because shaving also acts as a skin exfoliater, and remember to use a moisterizing skin lotion after shaving. The lotion helps seal in moisture and prevents razor burn on your skin. And don't use soap showering but a body wash such as Dove or Oil of Olay which helps retain moisture in your skin without drying it out like most soaps and detergent bars do. My skin is so soft from doing this many others comment that I must be on hormones yet I am not. It is also making me look younger than my 45 years.:2c:

LaurenS.
09-01-2006, 10:11 PM
I agree with Joanlynn 100%. I don't see what else you could do. I've also had great success with Veet. But covering your body with skintimate shaving lotion is wonderful!!

MarinaTwelve200
09-01-2006, 10:29 PM
I shave my face every OTHER day with a twin blade razor--and NO soap---

Soap seems to leave a film that prevents me from getting as close a shave as I can get with water alone. I also find I don't cut myself as much.

I wet my beard with hot water and KEEP it wet (keeping it wet is the big secret) I wash my razor in hot water too--to cut thru the oils. And, of course I shave AGAINST the grain.

The slightly longer hair of a two day beard cuts cleaner and closer than a one day growth--for ME anyways. I also noticed that warm water afterwards, instead of using aftershave, seems to not cause as many zits as when I use aftershave.

Now THIS is what works best for ME, other people may have different beard growth patterns, so it may not work as well for them----but then again, some people may be more like ME. and my method may work better than traditional methods they may be using.

I am lucky as I dont get a "five O'clock shadow" my skin is opaque enough, so my beard does not sho thru----especially more, now, since my beard has turned grey. Foundation alone is plenty to cover it.

Rachel Morley
09-01-2006, 10:57 PM
I find I get a really, really smooth shave (just before I go out en femme) if I leave my regrowth for one day and then shave using Aveeno "Positively Smooth Shave Gel" and a brand new blade head in my Gillete Fusion razor. It's got 5 blades and it's the bomb! :D

http://www.gillettefusion.com/us/

vbcdgrl
09-01-2006, 11:12 PM
I use a Gillette Mach 3 for my face. The blades are very expensive, but last a long time and give a smooth shave. I try to cycle the blades so I use a fresh blade when I plan to go out en femme. For the rest of my body( except the back), I use the disposable razors. I've been using an old Norelco rotary electric shaver, with an extension handle taped to it for my back. Works OK, but is awkward. I'm gonna try waxing on the back at some point in the future.

Vikki

Billijo49504
09-02-2006, 12:32 AM
I got one of those Gillette razors with thebuilt in vibrater, It gets me excited. LOL I get a close shave on my face, but not on my neck. It grows too many different ways...BJ