PDA

View Full Version : This forum is changing me

Jennifer Giovannetta
09-02-2006, 02:19 PM
Since joining this forum I have been more vocal about my crossdressing. It seems that I get into conversations with women about things like makeup and clothes more often. It also seems that my mind has given this subject more thought during the day. When I am out I look to see what and how women dress. I also try to spot crossdressers when I am out.
The point is that since joining this forum, I have noticed a small change.
Does anyone else feel the same way? Any input?
Jennifer

Lisa Golightly
09-02-2006, 02:35 PM
I'm a bit long in the tooth to be influenced by forums... But if it is a positive thing for you then that's cool :) Go have fun ;)

Sejd
09-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Without this forum I think I would feel very isolated and lonely, despite the full backing of my wife. Without making this an addictive pasttime, It's a valuable tool for any new (like myself) CD who seeks acceptance.
Sejd

Byllie
09-02-2006, 03:15 PM
When I came out to my wife, it was your stories, that I had read here, that helped me in being honest and open. And I too feel more of a connection to women I meet. I'm no longer uneasy about giving compliments when I feel like it. Then again, I always was more at ease with women than with men.

KateLongman27
09-02-2006, 04:08 PM
This forum does make you realise that you're not alone and that they're is support for what we feel is natural. Plus it's a source of useful information and tips and also seriously good advice on where to get clothes. So yeah it has made me a little bit more relaxed about cross dressing and being able to buy women's clothes without thinking that I'm the only male in the world doing this.

Anyway thats my :2c:

Alexandria
09-02-2006, 04:28 PM
This forum has helped me gain more confidence in myself. As a result, I'm more comfortable about talking about my secret-self with other female friends, and many here have complimented me on some of my various photos.

Funny enough, I've recieved more random PMs here from many friendly people complimenting my style than I do in any other non-CD forum :)

Siobhan Marie
09-02-2006, 04:40 PM
This forum has helped me immeasurably. It has brought me out of the closet a bit more, as in that I am out to a few people at work and I now know that I'm not alone also I don't see myself as weird and I don't hate myself anymore.

:hugs: Anna x

dancer1
09-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Hi Jen where the is change there is hope of conformaty, for our lives are just as complexed as launching the shuttle.
We however take the changes in small steps as not to make a big one that may discomfort someone we love.
In this forum there is the reality that we are not alone, but rather together for many reasons that help in the daily life,, not forgeting that we are men and as such that we hold equal resonibility to care about our SO and familys.
I for one have had great exsperiances in the forum and even accepted the fact a lot clearer, I LOVE SHOPING FOR WOMEN FASHIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hugs: Nadeen

Bobbie4
09-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Yes, I can identify with that. My female friends seem more open to talking to me about cosmetics and fashion. Even though I have not came out at work. They know some how. I guess you just have to ask the right questions. As far as observing women and how they are dressing, that is natural I think, women do that also.

Tessa Wire
09-02-2006, 08:21 PM
I have been dressing for a long time, but I am new to this site. I have never tried anything like this, but I must addmit that I have noticed a change, and so has a couple of my closest friends. One of wich is a pre OP.
I also must add that I am really liking the change that I am going through. And I am strating to have thoughts again about going all the way. :hugs:

AmberTG
09-02-2006, 09:44 PM
I found this websitethrough a link from another website that I frequent, and I've really enjoyed reading and interacting with the people here. I've been a CDer sense i was a teen, but never had any support or even just a place to talk about this stuff before. For the longest time, I thought something must be wrong with me for feeling this way, but talking to a therapist has helped me so much with my self esteem issues. I still ponder wheather I'm actually TG or just very CD, I've wanted to be a girl sense puberty, but I was just a sensitive little boy when I was preteen so who knows.
I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but I have noticed a few subtle differences between the people here who identify as TG and those who identify as CD, the way a subject is discussed is subtly different and there are other things that you have to actually be looking for. I think it comes down to a slightly different perspective. I also think that the difference is mostly a matter of the degree to which we are affected by our gender shifted thought process, if that makes any sense. I guess what I'm saying is that a CD has TG tendencys, but not enough to want to go full time, and of course, not all TGs want to transition fully with surgery.
Anyway, the more I read here, the more I learn. Funny thing, my therapist suggested that I find a website like this for support with my issues, so I guess you people are my on-line support group and I'm glad to be a part of it.
Amber

Elena Ambasce
09-02-2006, 10:54 PM
I think taking it further is a natural consequence of interacting with a lot of people with the same beliefs. We all want to feel good about ourselves, and interacting with people like us lets us do that. However, "there are others like me" doesn't automatically mean "it's ok" and "I should keep doing this".

For example, I'm sure the NAMBLA crowd also sits around in *their* forums assuring each other "there's nothing wrong with what we do, we were born this way, it occurs in animals too so it's natural."

Now before all y'all get your panties in a twist, I'm *NOT* saying equating transgender people with pedophiles. What I'm saying, is you really have to make sure you also study up the opposition... carefully consider their arguments. If, after considering them within the logical/moral/religious/whatever framework that you live your life, you can reject those opposing arguments, only *then* should you be satisified that you're not doing wrong. It's moot whether you're unique or there are billions like you.

:devil:

Barb Valentine
09-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Since joining this forum I have been more vocal about my crossdressing. It seems that I get into conversations with women about things like makeup and clothes more often. It also seems that my mind has given this subject more thought during the day. When I am out I look to see what and how women dress. I also try to spot crossdressers when I am out.
The point is that since joining this forum, I have noticed a small change.
Does anyone else feel the same way? Any input?
Jennifer

I agree with you Jennifer
But I don't find myself talk to GG about makeup or clothes
I do find I'm a lot more open in this forum

Bernice
09-02-2006, 11:35 PM
What I'm saying, is you really have to make sure you also study up the opposition... carefully consider their arguments. If, after considering them within the logical/moral/religious/whatever framework that you live your life, you can reject those opposing arguments, only *then* should you be satisified that you're not doing wrong. It's moot whether you're unique or there are billions like you.

Awesome post Elena! You have wisdom way beyond your youthful appearance.

On a more global scale, how many religions and societies systematically oppress women because "everyone else does", and "because we've always done it that way"? Does that make it right?

What is it about "mob mentality" that allows people to do positively inhuman things to other people (as part of a group) that they would never do alone?

Ethics are ethics. I endeavor to be an ethical crossdresser.

Phyliss
09-03-2006, 04:29 AM
I don't know about the forum changing me, but learning from everybody here and realizing that I'm not alone has given me confidence and self-assurance. Without having ever seen this place I'd still be very deep in the closet wearing only panties, and wishing I could "go farther" but not having any courage, I'd remain deep in the darkest recess of that closet.

I so want to thank everyone here for all of the help I have received.

Lanore
09-03-2006, 05:02 AM
When I visit this site, I feel so at home. I feel as if I have a whole bunch of new girlfriends with different ideas, opinions and stories. I'm who I am and a forum can't change it. However, I'm always looking for ways to improve my physical apperence as I get older and this site has really helpfull information.

You see, I was CDing before I ever heard the term and that was nearly fifty years ago. I look at who I am, not what I am.

Lanore

Veronica GG
09-03-2006, 11:35 AM
This forum changed my whole way of what it means to be a cd. When I first joined, just over 2 years ago, the whole idea of cd'ing made me cringe. Well, now I help run the place, so you can see just how much I've changed over the last couple of years. I've been out with my Tam to a cd event, which was amazing. I'm still unsure of a few things, still learning, but I have to say, if it wasn't for this forum, I dunno if Tam and I would be back together.

I wish I could say the same in the next future.
Internet and the Forums are helping me a lot in my struggle and opening my mind.

Tamara: You made me think...and that's wonderful!

kittypw GG
09-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Veronica,
Stick around we are all here to help and grow. Without this forum I would not be where I am now. I would definately feel more isolated and I certainly would not know or understand how my husband feels inside. He has a better understanding of me as well. I can't say that I totally understand but I am a lot closer. It helps to talk about how you feel and to read what others truly feel about themselves. The forum has helped me gain empathy. Crossdressing is more than just wearing feminine clothes. What causes it? I don't know. What I do know is that I don't want to be the kind of partner who makes the other feel bad about themselves. I want to be the kind of partner that lifts up and enhances. I expect the same in return. We have come a long way and have a long way to go.

Glad you are here, we all have a lot in common. :hugs: Kitty
:rose2:

I wish I could say the same in the next future.
Internet and the Forums are helping me a lot in my struggle and opening my mind.

Tamara: You made me think...and that's wonderful!

Karren H
09-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I'm a bit long in the tooth to be influenced by forums... But if it is a positive thing for you then that's cool :) Go have fun ;)

If your "long in the tooth", Lisa then I've got one foot in the grave. Hehehe

And I think everything we do and participate in changes us in some way, shape or fashion...

Love Karren

Rachel Morley
09-03-2006, 01:06 PM
I know what you mean about this site...or rather the wonderful members on it. If it wasn't for the people here I would never be where I am today. It's the stories of going out and the tales of such emancipation that have made me (and my wife) believe we can accomplish anything!

DAVIDA
09-03-2006, 01:10 PM
This forum has not changed me in the least bit. What it has done tho, is let me see that I am not the only one. I'm not so naieve (?) as to think that I was to begin with, I'm just saying that now my mind knows for shure. I don't have any other people to discuss these issues with that is also a CD. I have never met anyone else or talked to anyone else who is a CD. Some say to go to a meeting or group of other CDs. I'm really not shure that I would want to even be with other CDs. This forum lets me live through other people's adventures. It gives me the chance to see what it can be like if I were able to do some of the things that some of you do. Maybe one day I will go out and get to tell of my own adventure. If I do, it will be in part because of this forum and the support that is so freely given here. Maybe I have changed, not in who I am, but in how I see myself now. My wife can tell me all she wants that I am OK, and I believe this is true, but it is a tremendous help to be at a place where I'm not '''''''special"""", but just another "GIRL". I have to stop now because I'm going to start crying. It's just a "girl" thing. Thankyou all for being here !!!!!!!!!!!