PDA

View Full Version : Smooth face?!

Jenn1414
09-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Just wondering if there is anything i am not doing right. I want the smooth clear skin like a womens face, but obviously what i am doing isn't working. Basically i use neutrogena face scub and wash 3 times a day. i shave everyday, even thought about getting laser hair removal on my face. ...But even still my face gets oily even cleasing my face as much as i do. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
-Jenn

JenniferMint
09-02-2006, 11:36 PM
My face used to be oily/acne all the time, but I had my testicles removed and that all went away. :)

Not a good idea if you intend to function sexually as a male, though.

P.S. Laser hair removal is a great idea if you have dark hair and light skin. I've done 3 or 4, of 5 total treatments and if I pluck hairs as they grow in, I can appear nearly 100% hairless without any beard shadow.

AmberTG
09-02-2006, 11:58 PM
The other option for a smooth face is electrolysis, a fairly long process that works very well and, if done by someone with experience with male beard removal, will leave you with a nice smooth face and no beard shadow. That is what I'm currently doing, 1 hour at a time. Laser isn't an option for me, too much grey in the facial hair.
Amber

MarinaTwelve200
09-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Shaving every OTHER day---usually results in a smoother face--also using WATER only---no gel or soap also gets closer with fewer cuts. I stopped getting zits when I stopped using aftershave lotion---and went to warm water instead.

Of course the above works for ME---but people have different beards, so what works for me might not be right for everybody.

Canr hurt to try and see, though.

Joy Carter
09-03-2006, 07:48 AM
I spoke to the girls at "American Laser Centers" and they said that the type of laser matters if you want gray facial hair too be removed. Contact them I'm sure they can help. They do have offices in Michigan if your interested.

Lawren
09-03-2006, 07:59 AM
I used to use Olay bath bars for washing and Night of Olay while I slept and noticed a definite smoothing and softening of my skin.

Siobhan Marie
09-03-2006, 09:00 AM
I shave against the grain everyday, it hurts when you first do it. What I do is go with the grain first and then go against the grain, that way it doesn't hurt so much. Then I wash my face with Dove soap and then moisturise with Nivea Soft Intensive Moisturiser and find that works for me.

:hugs: Anna x

Drucilla
09-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Has anyone tried the "Chemical Peel" route ?
I know you can buy a home use kit or you can get it done professionally. Is either route worth a try to get smoother facial skin ?

julie w
09-03-2006, 11:00 AM
you should avoid using harsh soaps etc many times a day the best way to
improve you skin is by a healthy life style ,watch what you eat and drink
and wear sun block ,

Calliope
09-03-2006, 11:11 AM
It's different for different people - online advice will be pretty utopian. Or general as the cosmos. Talk to a dermatologist. You might just have to deal (yeh bummer biology), you might have options. Dermatologist.

My face used to be oily/acne all the time, but I had my testicles removed and that all went away. :)

!!!!!!!!!

Jodi
09-03-2006, 04:02 PM
It is sad but we, as males, probably ignored our skin for far too long. I started a skin care routine about 6 years ago. Neglected skin will not turn around overnight. It has taken the last 6 years for my skin to become softer and clearer. My routine includes showering each day with Bath & body works shower gel (never soap), applying B & B body lotion liberally on my skin after each shower (this includes my entire body), using exfoliating gel on my face each evening, applying night cream to my face before going to bed, using cuticle cream on my fingers and toes each day. I also have a professional facial done each month.

All of this is not cheap and it is time consuming. It is a habit to get into and continue if you want smooth skin.

Jodi

kayla_cd_va
09-03-2006, 08:46 PM
I use Mary Kay skin care and it makes a difference for me. It controls the oil better than anything else that I have tried.

Kayla

sissystephanie
09-03-2006, 11:25 PM
A close friend who was an ex-barber, and my dear departed wife taught me how to have a baby soft face years ago. In fact, most of my body is still baby soft to the touch, even at age 74.

Any good barber will tell you to never, ever shave with just water. Your beard, and body hair, needs to be softened before being shaved. That is what shaving cream does, but use the shaving cream proper to your type of skin. I have normal to slightly oily skin which is prone to knicks, so I use Sensative Skin Ladies shaving cream. It not only softens the hair, but also moisturizes the skin. Wash your face first with a good facial cleanser, not soap, and then apply the shave cream. Shave with the grain first and then against the grain for the baby soft feel. When you have finished and rinsed your face off, pat it dry. Do not rub!! Then apply a light moisturizing cream. That is what my dear wife taught me years ago. When she passed away at age 71, her face still looked like it did at age 21, when we were married. Most people who see me when I am wearing a hat (so they can't see my partly bald, gray head) guess my age at early 50's. I attribute that to my face, which I take very good care of. BTW, often when I apply the face cream I use a scented one. After all, I am a "girl." :love:

kateyliz
09-04-2006, 12:35 PM
On another forum, a long time ago, I read that the so-called breast growth cremes will soften and smooth the skin even though they are ineffective for growing breasts. This is second or third hand anecdote and I suspect that it may strongly depend on ones genetic mix so take it with a grain of salt( ir maybe a pound of salt). Hugs, Kathy

AmberTG
09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
My skin is fairly soft without any extra work. I attribute that to having slightly oily skin and never using soap on my face. I shave with a rotary electric, so I don't get a really close shave, but in the past, I used to break out and have ingrown hairs all the time from using a blade, so I've been using an electric for many years. I have a shave gel from the Melaleuca company that I use on my legs, it's the best shave gel that my wife and I have ever used, the least amount of problems with shaving or after shaving the legs. She gets way less ingrown hairs on her bikini area now. I really should try it on my beard just to see what happens. I also really like Tend Skin after shave liquid for controlling the red bumps on the really delicate parts of my legs, and for after electrolysis treatment, of course.
Amber

missholt
11-11-2006, 12:11 AM
:happy: Hi everyone just wondering what is the best type of daily moisturizer to use for my face, i realize we all have different skin type mine tends to be oily. I shave every other day and use Dove facial cleaners to clean my face never soap please help me with some sound advice girls...:heehee:.

Sweet Susan
11-11-2006, 02:17 AM
Mary Kay products work greatly

Sally24
11-11-2006, 07:31 AM
There's a difference between smooth clear skin and oily skin. If you get oil build-up very quickly about all you can do is wash or blot or apply more powder. I have fairly oily skin so my make-up gets a shine in just a few hours. I generaly just apply more pressed powder to absorb the oils.

If you want to consider removing the hair, that will make a huge difference. My skin is fairly pale, and when most of the hair has been removed, it is quite translucent and nice. I am 6 months into electrolysis and about a year or so to go. My skin is very soft and getting smoother all the time. I too skipped laser because of a large amount of white hair. Also, electrolysis is slower so the change in my face in drab mode is gradual. Laser is also not advertised as permanent hair removal but reduction. Some hair can return in about 2 years. There are also a number of other differences that made me prefer electrolysis.

As others have said, your skin is different than everyone elses. You have to learn thru a little trial and error what works for you. I use the Mary Kay 3in1 cleanser and the TimeWise Age-fighting Moisturizer. They seem to work well for me. http://www.marykay.com/skincare/antiaging/default.aspx

Sally

Vash
11-11-2006, 11:02 AM
It is sad but we, as males, probably ignored our skin for far too long. I started a skin care routine about 6 years ago. Neglected skin will not turn around overnight. It has taken the last 6 years for my skin to become softer and clearer. My routine includes showering each day with Bath & body works shower gel (never soap), applying B & B body lotion liberally on my skin after each shower (this includes my entire body), using exfoliating gel on my face each evening, applying night cream to my face before going to bed, using cuticle cream on my fingers and toes each day. I also have a professional facial done each month.

All of this is not cheap and it is time consuming. It is a habit to get into and continue if you want smooth skin.

Jodi

I am one of those males who neglected their skin for far too long and now I am paying the price. My skin is a wreck ,BUT I am fixing it now. I have adopted a skin care regimen and like Jodi I am getting professional help. I get a professional facial once a week <for now anyway but will soon cut down to once a month as well> and the results have been dramatic. People are now commenting on my face and the nice "glow" it has. Sorry to say, a smooth face takes work. I suppose this is why there are so many products and why so many women spend so much money on it