PDA

View Full Version : Gender Studies (Pub thoughts Vol. 3)

Marla S
09-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Well, you know the story ... pub again (first time with my new ballerina shoes though* :D )

This one is short.

I was reading a book about Germanic tribes. A subject that is almost as loaded with prejudices (thanks to Mr. H.) as transgenderism.
A little phrase catched my eyes.

"Ethology is the study of everybody shorter and darker than you"

Couldn't resist to transcribe it.

Gender studies are studies of everbody less masculine or less feminine than you.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

(a bit pointless, I know :straightface: )

*Two ladies (GGs) sat next to me. It was interesting and funny to observe how they bend their necks in an unnatural way, trying to cover it by scratching or adjusting their jacket, in order to have a closer look at my new shoes (I probably would have done the same) :D .

Calliope
09-03-2006, 04:56 PM
oooooo00OOOO00ooooo ... I've bent my neck totally out of shape !*!*! ~~ and, dammit it all ~~ I still can't get a good look at those marvelous shoes. [twist * hurt * grunt * sigh]

Sarah Rabbit
09-03-2006, 05:04 PM
I hear what your saying Marla..Nice take on the art of Study...Ballerina shoes before 8pm :p

Sarah R. :bunny:

Marla S
09-03-2006, 05:22 PM
.Ballerina shoes before 8pm :p

Sarah R. :bunny:
Men's phantasies :hmph::slap:
Ballerina shoes (http://www.walkerandgunn.com/images/lambretta-shoes-3858-black-s.jpg) not ballet boots (http://www.boomspeed.com/onegoodbuy/BALLET1025P.JPG):kiss:

(What is it that the words "pub" and "ballerina" makes people assume the worst ;))

CaptLex
09-03-2006, 08:30 PM
How about a pic of the shoes . . . so I don't have to sprain my neck. I'm trying to picture them, but no luck. What color?

Marla S
09-03-2006, 08:41 PM
How about a pic of the shoes . . .
What about the link above (the Ballerina shoe one) ?
Very similar (hence the link), black too, brand Olympia though. (Wore black tights too, if this is of any interest.)
(Camera not available right now (at my ex's), but if I find a pic of my model I'll post it.)

(Why is it that a CD is always made to excuse him/herself ? To be honest, I am a bit tired of that.)

BTW: Didn't I say something about Germanic tribes ? ;)
Well ok, Shoe Studies would have been a more approriate thread title :D

CaptLex
09-03-2006, 08:53 PM
What about the link above (the Ballerina shoe one) ?
Very similar (hence the link), black too, brand Olympia though. (Wore black tights too, if this is of any interest.) (Camera not available right now (at my ex's), but if I find a pic of my model I'll post it.)

(Why is it that a CD is always made to excuse him/herself ? To be honest, I am a bit tired of that.)

BTW: Didn't I say something about Germanic tribes ? ;)
Well ok, Shoe Studies would have been a more approriate thread title :D
Very nice, and naturally black tights would work best. The boots one makes my feet hurt just from looking at them. :eek: Who's making you excuse yourself? :confused:

I thought you were talking more about Gender Studies than Germanic tribes, really, but okay. I don't know anything about that subject, but I thought the shoes must be really cool if people were contorting themselves to see them (and they are).

Marla S
09-03-2006, 08:59 PM
I thought you were talking more about Gender Studies than Germanic tribes, really, but okay.

Don't worry. I needed the tribes only to place my new shoes in a subtle way :D :^5:
As I said this thread is a bit pointless anyway, but be warned I'll visit the pub again :eek: :eek: :eek: