PDA

View Full Version : Link I found to a company that make "Skirts fir Men"

Pamela girl
09-03-2006, 04:49 PM
http://www.cityskirt.com/CSWelcomeSilk.php Just happened across it while brouseing. I would love to have a few of them. My GF ask if I wanted her to buy me one. I just said "I dont think I would wear it out much.

Dragster
09-03-2006, 04:56 PM
They're quite expensive Pamela. I think I'll stick to Ebay and hand-me-downs if you're not getting out of the house.

Tony

Wendy me
09-03-2006, 04:57 PM
i kinda liked what they said...."if the notion of men wearing skirts is new to you, you should know that skirts as male garments have a long, long history in many cultures around the world. A popular fashion trend now in Europe, CitySkirt brings it to North America with a new interpretation, a fresh sense of style and cut and designs that are made for men from start to finish."

Robertacd
09-03-2006, 05:45 PM
The styling of a couple of them reminds me of the Utilikilt.

Why does a "man skirt" have to by ugly and expencive?

Marla S
09-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Well, taking into account that you will get the same stares, but have to pay a multiple price and less choice, I better stick to women's labeled skirts.

(I admit though, if it becomes popular, it would make the life for us more easy. Unlikely though. They tried it several times during the last decades.)

KarenSusan
09-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Nowhere in the list of fabrics was silk charmeuse.:heehee:

eleyna
09-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Coo; they should do one in tartan to help guys "break out".

They do look rather a lot more skirt like than most kilts tho. But, uhm, the "popular fashion trend" in Europe is a little baseless :)

I also advise a little caution before purchasing. A quick 5 minutes with some search engines left me sceptical. Mostly discussion forum links, but several obvious "plant" references intended to get google ranking. (e.g. the auntymadder links, if you read the small print, auntymadder built the cityskirt store site)

Rachel Morley
09-03-2006, 07:24 PM
The styles are great, but I do agree with the others, the prices that they charge are too expensive. If you're going to buy a skirt online I can't see a reason to buy one from this site. I bet you I could find the exact skirt (or something very similar) online elsewhere for half the price.

Phyliss
09-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I'll admit they are a bit pricey, but if somebody wants to "get their foot out of the closet" to a S.O. that may have to be the price to be paid.
"Look here honey, some man skirts, that are all the fashion in Europe. Can I get one of these?"
Once "she" gets used to seeing you in skirts then you can wear what you want.
Personally I've got a long way to go to get there.

KateW
09-03-2006, 07:39 PM
I also agree that the skirts are a little pricey. Also something stupid in my head is saying "but these aren't proper girls skirts". They would provide great justification for wearing them though...

IainD
09-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Coo; they should do one in tartan to help guys "break out".

They do look rather a lot more skirt like than most kilts tho. But, uhm, the "popular fashion trend" in Europe is a little baseless :)

I also advise a little caution before purchasing. A quick 5 minutes with some search engines left me sceptical. Mostly discussion forum links, but several obvious "plant" references intended to get google ranking. (e.g. the auntymadder links, if you read the small print, auntymadder built the cityskirt store site)
Your right Eleyna, wearing a kilt here certainly lets me do what I want without much attention being drawn.

Jennaie
09-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Sorry, they are just not pretty enough for this girl.

Daphnie-Duck
09-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Bleh. They look a bit too bland for my tastes (and as other girls here have said, too pricey.)

Skirts aren't really that big a challenge for janegirls. What is a big challenge is dresses (especially fancy formal and semi formal dresses) that fit properly and look either elegant, sexy, or both. Hell, I have two up n my new top secret eBay account that I would have loved to keep had they fit right. One would not zip up for me in the back due to lack of stretchiness. The other fit comfortably, but the upper portion, the bodice, was too short, making my waistline look way higher than it really is.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/Scarletdown/Auction-Pictures/Daphnie/EB-DD-Dress-Party-0.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y129/Scarletdown/Auction-Pictures/Daphnie/EB-DD-Dress-Unknown-0.jpg

kwebb
09-04-2006, 01:54 PM
I ran into a guy last summer in Hawaii who had on one of these and was walking around in an as-a-matter-of-factly manner. Nobody was batting an eye.

But this does not work for me, simply because it's made for a man. Can't explain it.

Years ago I would go into this ballet shop and buy leotards until finally one day the guy looks at me says, why don't you try this one, its made for a man. I shook my head and said, no, I don't want that one. Didn't do anything for me. The guy thought I was crazy.

JD Jade Dream GG
09-04-2006, 01:57 PM
I went out a few weeks ago and danced all night with a guy
in a kilt. Do you think that now that I am separated from a CD
that I will be attracted to CD's?
Hmm?
He was also wearing a tight tank top and army boots.
Maybe I'm just attracted to people who aren't afraid
to express their individuality!
Double hmm?
Because I haven't really thought about being attracted
to ANYONE beyond a nod of appreciation of the
truly beautiful people.

Deborah
09-04-2006, 02:12 PM
LOL definantly a Washington state company. Almost all those names are cities here.

Joy Carter
09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
http://www.cityskirt.com/CSWelcomeSilk.php Just happened across it while brouseing. I would love to have a few of them. My GF ask if I wanted her to buy me one. I just said "I dont think I would wear it out much.

I don't think I could take the teasing. LOL :lol2: LOL :lol: LOL

sissystephanie
09-04-2006, 04:30 PM
LOL definantly a Washington state company. Almost all those names are cities here.

I recognised the same thing! Lived in Seattle 15 years before moving to Atlanta. My question is, why would a CD buy a "man's" skirt? As a CD, I want to wear female clothing that is really feminine, not something made for a man. Besides, as others have expressed, the prices are better in the women's shops!

Sissy

Always a lady, I hope!

angelfire
09-04-2006, 05:01 PM
They seem a little bland for my tastes as well. Again, not feminine enough for me, if I were to wear a skirt. to each their own.

Sejd
09-04-2006, 05:07 PM
I would prefer Macy's 50% off rack at any time over this site
Sejd

Tina Dixon
09-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Damn I like the Idea and even like a couple of the skirts, as for being pricey? You people would probably pay that much for shoes?

Daphnie-Duck
09-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Damn I like the Idea and even like a couple of the skirts, as for being pricey? You people would probably pay that much for shoes?

Not this janegirl (gawds, I love that term). The most I ever spent on shoes was $15 at the Value Village on 11th Street (between Pike and Pine) in Seattle last month (Actually shopped fully dressed up in a denim micromini skirt, denim blouse, white tights with pantyhose and fishnet tights over them, black kneehigh boots, and a short blonde wig). And that was only because after trying on a couple dresses, I was putting my kneehigh boots back on and the zipper on one got screwed up. After messing with it for about 15 minutes, I went and found a pair of nice shoes that fit. Of course, shortly after, I managed to get the zipper on my boot fixed. I still went ahead and bought the shoes anyway, just because they were so nice.

Even though I like to girl up, I still have that male common sense when it comes to shopping, and not overpaying for things (also comes from years of living off of meager earnings and doing whatever it takes to stretch my dollars.)

I will occasionally splurge a bit and treat myself to something real nice, such as the Sailor Mars costume I just bought, or a figure skating dress I will eventually be buying from here:

http://www.tidewaterice.com/Mondorpage1.htm

But for the most part, I tend to look for good thrift store bargains. Also, when I do make a big purchase, I also try to come up with something to resell on eBay or elsewhere to make up for it.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
09-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I sometimes browse male skirt wearers forums and so I am somewhat familiar with this company. I remember it in its infancy, when he was first imagining it, as a the next step beyond Utilikilts, for men who wanted to wear skirts as men.

The reason for the prices being what they are is that it's a small business, not some big firm who can ship it's production off to foreign soil and have it mass produced. Think of how big his market is and realize he has to make at least enough money to stay in business. However, I've seen more expensive skirts in Banana Republic and the Gap.

Francine
09-04-2006, 09:30 PM
What? :rolleyes:
Nobody but me has paid over $50 for a skirt???:heehee:

Francine

Robertacd
09-04-2006, 09:45 PM

Francine

Heck no! My wife would kill me if I spent that kind of money on a skirt for her let alone me.

Daphnie-Duck
09-04-2006, 10:02 PM

Francine

Does this count?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sailor-Moon-Costume-Cosplay-Uniform-Mars-Size-S-M-L_W0QQitemZ130022727060QQihZ003QQcategoryZ11553QQc mdZViewItem

Probably not, since it's a dress and not a skirt per-se. But with shipping and a small surcharge for tailoring (5GBP or $9.72), it came to about $75

IainD
09-05-2006, 02:01 PM
I went out a few weeks ago and danced all night with a guy
in a kilt. Do you think that now that I am separated from a CD
that I will be attracted to CD's?
Hmm?
He was also wearing a tight tank top and army boots.
Maybe I'm just attracted to people who aren't afraid
to express their individuality!
Double hmm?
Because I haven't really thought about being attracted
to ANYONE beyond a nod of appreciation of the
truly beautiful people.
JD Jade dream
I wear kilts(traditional Scottish) a lot but accept that its male attire and like to think of it as such. I dont CD. I do sometimes wear schoolgirl navy blue knickers underneath because its the most comfortable and inconspicuous undrwear. Also thats what is worn by Highland dancers. I guess I really shouldnt be here but like you I believe that evryone should express themselves the way they feel and should not be afraid to do so.

suzy
09-05-2006, 02:13 PM
I couldn't get it to open....Maybe I'll try later.... but I think probably I'd prefer a skirt made for a lady... that's what I enjoy. If it was made for a man, then it looses it's appeal to me!:D

Francine
09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry this picture doesn't do the skirt justice.
The skirt is black tiered lined skirt. Three or four teirs on the skirt drape over each succesive lower tier. Some might say it a bit of of 'Hippy style'. It's light an fun to wear. I bought it on sale, for $59.99 at a Dillard's department store. It was regularly priced for $99.99. The top was also $50 on sale. The final tally, with sales tax was over $100.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21772&d=1143866812

Francine