PDA

View Full Version : One of my friends noticed my eyebrows

Katrina
09-04-2006, 04:44 PM
I have been thinning my eyebrows for more than a year now and I plucked them this week to the thinnest they have ever been. We were up at my SO's family cabin for the weekend along with some friends. Well, one of them noticed my thin eyebrows. She asked me about them and I guess she asked my SO about them as well before that. We were having pictures taken so my SO said something about my hair stylist telling me that I should have them done or something. :eek: She is the first one that has actually said something although I'm sure other people have noticed.

amberwish
09-04-2006, 04:52 PM
im lucky there. ive for a long time kept cutting them real close because i absolutely hated the mess they made on my glasses. now as i start to pluck no one will notice.

hugs and kisses amber

paula_cd
09-04-2006, 04:55 PM
I used to plucj my eyebrows. One day my boss asked me if i plucked them. Tried not to get too embarressed but was hard to deny. Recently I let them grow back and just "plucking" :-) up the courage to do them again! I must admit did make me feel self conscious alway felt that people were staring at them.

Love Paula x

Sarah Rabbit
09-04-2006, 04:57 PM
I would love to do it, however I do not htink the S.O. would be to keen on it. Work colleagues might become suspicious....

Sarah R. :bunny:

Nancie64
09-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Plucking the eye brows can be explained in several different ways. One was stated in the last reply, they make a mess on my glasses. My wife does mine and she does keep them sort of narrow. I always use the reason that I just hate bushy brows. Have you ever noticed that some the older guys have more hair in their eye brows than on their head. Looks sort of odd. Do you ever see any older women that have bushy brows? So what's the problem with keeping ours neat and clean. Next time just ask her why she plucks hers. My other reason is that I hate to wax them over ever time I decide to go out. I like the natural look and after a while no one pays any attention to them. Good luck

DanaJ
09-04-2006, 05:10 PM
I use two defenses, depending on how the person brings it up:

1) Yeah, the girl who cuts my hair said she wanted to trim them up, I think she got carried away haha
2) Why are my personal grooming habits a bother to you? I don't comment on your bad teeth or clothing from 20 years ago....

Karren H
09-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Should have said that her's were looking a bit bushy.....and that you had brought your tweezers along and if she wanted............hehehe

Love Karren

angelfire
09-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Plus, especially if you have a unibrow, plucking or shaving at least is a must.

I am blessed with relatively light eyebrows anyway.

Tina Dixon
09-04-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm a lucky one here on this, i got this big hairy body but my eye brows are thin and belched out, I always need to put the color to them when I dress.

Katrina
09-04-2006, 06:16 PM
Actually she is quite a sweety and probably was just curious about it so I wasn't inclined to make any remark other than the "truth" - implying that I hate my normally bushy eyebrows. Out of my friends (both work and non-work), she and her SO are the first two people who I would enlighten about my CDing.

easydoesit_53
09-04-2006, 10:17 PM
I pluck mine to keep them nice and trim. I've only gotten comments when they were to bushy.

Paula

AmberTG
09-04-2006, 10:19 PM
I've been doing mine for a few years but I can hide that somewhat behind my glasses. They are fairly obvious when I take off my glasses though. I tend to forget about them entirely most of the time, I take my glasses off to see close up at work and everyone's seen me that way, but as this is a fairly new job, no one at work has ever seen me with them not plucked. Nobody's ever asked me about them.
Amber

shawnaraylynn
09-04-2006, 10:53 PM
I would like to say that i truly hate body hair i shave verything, so everybody think Im alittle off any. So I think the eyebrows are the least of my worries, But my glasses hide them well any way.:D

JenniferMint
09-04-2006, 11:32 PM
I've been thinking of just getting electrolysis on my eyebrows, ignoring the fact that it would look weird on me in guy mode. I dunno. What do you guys think?

I run my own business online so there's no problems at work. All my friends in real life know about my gender issues.

AmberTG
09-05-2006, 12:34 AM
My electrolygist tells me that it can be a bit painful to have that done, she's done that for several women. I suggest getting a short appointment, 15 minutes the first time to see how it goes. Some people tolorate it better than others

Rachel M
09-05-2006, 02:20 AM
I have noticed many followers of the hip hop culture have been shaping their brows as well. Some are really extreme, as they just at thin as any womans. I shape/pluck mine. I started out slow and gradual as to not draw immediate atttention from those who know me. So when someone comments on my hairless body or shaped eyebrows. I usually coin the phrase "Manscaping... you know like landscaping, but on the body... I think its the metro(sexual) in me."

NassauGurl
09-05-2006, 02:27 AM
Wow. That WAS close. I am actually thinking about getting my eyebrows shaped also. Good luck in the future!

Marla S
09-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Should have said that her's were looking a bit bushy.....and that you had brought your tweezers along and if she wanted............hehehe

Love Karren

:thumbsup: :D

Maddie
09-05-2006, 04:49 AM
I have mine waxed about every 3 weeks
just keep them neat and over the long haul noone notices

Kate Simmons
09-05-2006, 05:01 AM
I'm kinda unisex on the brows. I do keep them thinned out though otherwise I'd like like John L.Lewis. I usually just accentuate them with a pencil whenever I go out. Ericka Kay

renee k
09-05-2006, 07:00 AM
Hi all,

I've been having my electrologist do mine for years now. She's given them a nice shape, there not too thin either. Yes it's a bit painful. I'm really satisfied with the results. No one that I come into contact with has ever mentioned anything about my eyebows or the fact that I don't have a beard shadow.

Huggs, Renee

JenniferMint
09-05-2006, 07:41 AM
I've been having my electrologist do mine for years now. She's given them a nice shape, there not too thin either.

It takes years? I thought the eyebrow area isn't that large.

swiss_susan
09-05-2006, 07:42 AM
It seems to be worth it and very few people have noticed or cared so keep doing what makes you happy.

Susan

LaurenS.
09-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I've been thinking of just getting electrolysis on my eyebrows, ignoring the fact that it would look weird on me in guy mode. I dunno. What do you guys think?

I run my own business online so there's no problems at work. All my friends in real life know about my gender issues.

I've had mine shaped by an electrologist. It takes a long time to get them shaped and many visits before you don't have to go back. Mine are shaped nicely and look feminine but I wear glasses and nobody has ever said anything. It's well worth going to an electrologist if you have the extra money. It's a little painful but not that bad. I use to schedule 1/2 hour to 45 min. appointments.
If you want pain, have your lip done....YIKES!!!
Lauren

Calliope
09-05-2006, 09:42 PM
One day my boss asked me if i plucked them.

'Like, I wish, dude - they're balding.

'Now, let's talk about your body.'

Rachel Morley
09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
My eyebrows are plucked pretty thin these days, but because they are fairly light in color, and because I've done it progressively no-one has said anything about it....yet.

Melinda
09-05-2006, 09:50 PM
Hmmm, the wife has been complaining that mine are out of control bushy and need a trim. Guess what I'm going to do tonight? Then I can say I was having so much fun using the trimmer on my eyebrows I just went ahead and did my legs too! (That happened this morning and the wife hasn't seen it yet although I've been shaving my chest, pits and sac for years and years.)
-D

Bobbie cd
09-05-2006, 09:59 PM
I have been plucking between my brows for years to prevent the dreaded unibrow look. LOL

Over the course of the last couple of months I have slowly been thinning and shaping my brows. So far, no one has said anything at all about it. Of course, I haven't pushed it too far into the feminine territory yet.:D

Scotty
09-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I pluck mine, keep them just a tad under 1/4" at hte wide spot and maybe just over 1/8th of an inch at the thinnest, but I have blonde eyebrows.

nobody has ever noticed though....

Melanie
09-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi,
just check Sir Paul in earlier pics and flicks and see him in the last tour programme or DVD and notice his narrowing eyebrows!.

A friend who finally came out as a CD mentioned this to me and I have to agree and am still a huge fan of the man.
Imagine if we all knew who was a CD/TG in the entertainment industry wouldn't it be cool?

Hugs,
Melanie :hugs:

Charleen
09-05-2006, 11:43 PM
but my eye brows are thin and belched out, .

Hate to pick on ya Tina dear, but how in the world do you manage that trick? Must be fun at partys!:D Love and xxxx, C&L

angelfire
09-05-2006, 11:48 PM
Hi, [FONT=Arial Black]
Imagine if we all knew who was a CD/TG in the entertainment industry wouldn't it be cool?

Well, Nick Lachey, Jessica Simpson's ex, and the vocalist for the old boy band 98 degrees, has openly admitted he has worn her heels during sex, and thinks it as something a little kinky for them.

JoAnnDallas
09-06-2006, 08:53 AM
On my last nail salon visit, I told my wife that I was going to get my eyebrows waxed. When I got home she looked at them and she asked if the tech plucked them. I said, "Some" and she said, "Well they still need some trimming", So I got out my old beard trimmer and she used it to trim my eyebrows. She then said look in the mirror and yep they were thinner. She then asked if I wanted them even thinner, but I decided not to press my luck. LOL At least I don't have a unibrow or mad sicentist look LOL.

Rebecca Jeanne
09-10-2006, 01:26 PM
I had Carla wax mine several weeks ago. Quite the dramatic change at one time and at first I was not happy with the results. Now I think they look quite nice for both femme and boy mode.

Melissa A.
09-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I guess I'm just a big fat wimp. When plucking, the combination of the pain, the boredom, and the feeling I may not be doing it right and might create a mess always makes me stop after a few minutes. I guess I should just go get 'em waxed. Mine aren't overly bushy, anyway.

I keep my body hairless, and have pierced ears, so worrying about what anyone thinks or says is not an issue. As Dana sorta said, "Who's body is it, yours or mine? Why do you care?"

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

renee k
09-10-2006, 02:04 PM
It takes years? I thought the eyebrow area isn't that large.

Hi Jennifer,

Don't get me wrong on this, It does take sometime to get them where you want, not really years. The years part is maintaining them. There's always going to be some regrowth. I always seem to get fine hairs coming in above the eyelids, on the bridge of my nose. So cleaning up these areas is the first thing my electrologist does when I go for a treatment. Even after you have your beard removed your going to return for maintenance treatments.
Which is where I'm at in this process. Sure is nice not having to spend two hours at a time getting poked with a needle.

Huggs, Renee