PDA

View Full Version : Buying oline and catalogues

coral_s
09-04-2006, 04:45 PM
I am thinking about buying clothes online. My concern is that I do not want any catalogues from sellers being posted to me. Anyone know of sellers that are OK or any to avoid?
In the UK.

eleyna
09-04-2006, 05:02 PM
My rule of thumb is: If they don't ASK if you want to receive mail from them, don't proceed.

Figleaves.co.uk never sent me catalogues, although I had to remember to uncheck the box with every order. barenecesseties.com are in the US but they are an exception to the rule, they only send electronic thingies, never once sent me a catalog. They ship to the UK (or they did when I lived in London).

Tina Dixon
09-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Stick with ebay if you don't want spam in your snail mail box.

Karren H
09-04-2006, 05:31 PM
Victoria Setret will send you a catalogue every week for a long time.....and i didn't ask for one... My wife gets a ton of them too, just order something once and they will come your way for sure....

Love Karren

eleyna
09-04-2006, 07:04 PM
*Snicker* VS catalogues are truly the work of the devil (or maybe The Goddess). I cussed when the first one arrived. But when the second one arrived I was totally unfemme, very much in my macho space, and I brought it in to drool over. A little later on I'd gotten into femme space, walked into the lounge and there was this AMAZING catalog waiting for me to shop out of. *giggles*

Stacie Stockman
09-04-2006, 07:52 PM
Most retailers will send you catalogs for until you die, then the person who buys your home will get them. Once you're on their mailing list, you will never get off.

Kenix
09-05-2006, 03:21 PM
I still get catalogees from Chadwicks and Newport News. Whatever profit they made from me they lost them with all the catalouge mailings.

Lisa Golightly
09-05-2006, 03:24 PM
You're gonna get catalogues from almost everyone you buy from to be honest... Although saying that M&S and Debenhams don't bother.

paula_cd
09-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Mainly because of my big feet I've ordered a number of items from www.translife.co.uk. Very discrete and prompt delivery. You can event collect from your local post office if getting it delivered to home is a problem.

Love Paula x

JoAnnDallas
09-06-2006, 08:28 AM
I get catalogs from a lot of companies, including VS. The VS catalog is my favorite and I collect these. All of them are address to me in my drab name. I try and stick with the known outlets, but I will on occasion brows thru online only catalogs both on the net and on ebay. So far I have had good success with all the companies I have ordered from. I have found that many will ship with labels that don't really scream female article, so when I do order something online, I will inquire if it can be shipped this way.

KarenSusan
09-06-2006, 08:43 AM
I still get catalogs from companies even though it has been years since I bought anything from them.

Lady Jayne
09-06-2006, 09:36 AM
I am from the UK, I have bought things from "La Senza" and "Index" on line I check the no mail box if there is one and although I do get E-Mails I have never had a catalouge. Although if I did get an index catalouge that wouldn't be a major problem as they do sell male cloths.