PDA

View Full Version : An odd encounter

angelfire
09-04-2006, 11:55 PM
When I was much younger, I would never know what to get my mom for her birthday or christmas, so I would buy her socks, and something else small (since she always asked for socks cause hers always had holes). So one time I went to buy her some, and the cashier wsaid "These are women's socks..." And I replied "I know." and she said "You don't want boy's socks?" And I replied. "Uhhhh.....no?" so she asked if I was sure and I said yes, I was sure.

That just stood out in my mind a bit, and now I think it was kinda funny.

Karren H
09-05-2006, 08:25 AM
Funny but I think we all have a ton of those type of encounters when younger...

In 1969 my GF called and asked me to stop and pickup a pair of pantyhose for her on my way over to pick her up for a date...of coarse I asked her why since I figured she wouldn't be wearing them very long!! Hehehe. But you know women!! So I stopped at a small grocery store and found the Leggs display and was standing there trying to figure out the color and size...(like reading a foreign language). And shoppers that passed would stare at me...so finally found her size and my size...if I'm going to be embaraced on her account might as well get something for me too!! And at the checkout the clerk gave me that stare and eye roll thing...like this isn't something men are allowed to buy and we are calling the police and have you arrested you pervert!! Lol. But nothing happened...

And if I remember right the GF and I never made it to where we were planning to go...back of the 64 Dodge Dart got quite a workout..

Love Karren

Georgette
09-05-2006, 08:46 AM
I know how you and others feel on this, Back when I was a little younger and Bow Hunted ,I still do I would go in the store and buy 6 pair at a time as panty hose give you warmth and are not bulky like the long undies are, I would get quite a stare from the clearks too, but anymore nobody noticeses what you buy they just scan it and you are on your way.:2c:

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-05-2006, 09:18 AM
My wife accompanied me to a local drug store to purchase some of my favorite makeup. I went to the counter to pay for my purchases while my wife continued to shop. The clerk had this silly smile on her face when I handed her the items for checkout. Then my wife came up behind me (obviously we were together) and the silly smile faded. Go figure.

Sasha Annne

JenGurl
09-05-2006, 09:36 AM
Thank goodness for those self checkouts at Walmart and Meijer!

KarenSusan
09-05-2006, 09:47 AM
I think it's all mindset. If you know you are buying the items for someone else, there is no self consciousness. When they are for you, you start to be self conscious and this makes people suspicious.

JoAnnDallas
09-05-2006, 09:47 AM
When I was in high school, I was in a CAP Miltary Cadet. We discovered that polishing our shoes using a fem Maxy Pads would make them shine very bright. So one weekend a bunch of us were getting ready for a miltary parade and we needed to get our shoes shined up. I got elected to goto the store and buy a box of Maxy Pads. Needless to say, I must have looked werid in my CAP miltary uniform, holding a large box of Fem Maxy Pads, waiting to check out. When it was my turn, I just told the SA, that they make great shoe shine pads. Don't know if she believed me or not, but no she or anyone in line said anything.

Myst
09-05-2006, 07:59 PM
I remember once I wanted to buy my g/f a nice dress with black pantyhose. I bought the dress with no problem. First mission accomplished. Next stop was for the pantyhose. At the time, I had little idea about fit and sizing, so I asked for some assistance. I said that I needed a pair of pantyhose for this dress and do you know what size? The saleslady just looked at me, almost in disbelief. I quickly added that the colour had to be black and that I had no idea where to start looking. She walked me over to the display and I said that my girlfriend likes this brand, I said pointing over to the opposite shelf. I thought I would have felt relief after that, because it really WAS for my g/f after all, but I know that she thought they were for me! That was the most embarrassing moment I've ever had while shopping. And it really wasn't even for me! Had I worded my initial statement more clearly, I'm sure the embarassement could have been avoided - but now I can laugh about it!

Lee51964
09-05-2006, 08:10 PM
the girl at fredericks of hollywood gave me a strange look when I was buying a gift for my X-wife

a couple of years latter I went to get somehting for myself and the girl asked if I would like to try it on I was embarassed at first but said maybe next time

Jodi Lynn
09-06-2006, 05:47 PM
The weiredest reaction that I ever got was in a Rite-Aid store buying a pair of pantyhose and the casher asked me "want our you going to do when these rob a bank?". I just looked back at her and said no I am going to wear them and asked her, what do you do with pantyhose? She went dead quite and said have a nice day as I left the store.

hotbobbie
09-06-2006, 06:35 PM
I remember about 20 years ago i was in J C Pennys and buying a bra for myself. She ask if this was for my wife and i said no it is for me.
She said please wait and a few minutes later she came back with a man that was standing along side me looking like he eat something bad and just looking at me. The sa rang up the sale i paid and as i walked away i asked the man sir what size do you wear. God it made me feel good.

Blonde
09-06-2006, 07:25 PM
I think it's all mindset. If you know you are buying the items for someone else, there is no self consciousness. When they are for you, you start to be self conscious and this makes people suspicious.

I couldn't agree more.
When I had to have mascara, black lipstick and nail polish for a job, I had no problem going into the drugstore and buying them.
But if I am buying just for my own personal use...........:o