PDA

View Full Version : So I'm new here and...

RebeccaLouise
09-05-2006, 12:56 PM
...it's a big step.

I've been aware of my desire to dress for many years, going back to early childhood, but I believe I have surpressed the desire (with varying degrees of sucess) until now. Following the breakdown of my engagement earlier this year after ordering a couple of pairs of lovely heels from ebay I find myself soon to be living alone and with this privacy on the horizon I seem to be shopping like mad for my first outfit. :heehee:

I hope this forum will help me as I embark on this journey. The only thing I'm sure of at the moment is I definately want to do this and I have no idea what I might find out about myself just around the corner.

So, there's a little honesty, hope you girls don't mind my dropping in.

Bex

Wendy me
09-05-2006, 01:20 PM
sorry to hear abought your engagement .... and good luck with your shopping
drop in any time and rember have fun.......

Peg
09-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Sorry to here about your engagment, may be a blessing in disguise. Your desire to dress may have been your saving 2 lives from misery. Good for you to jump up and go out shopping buy till you can't buy anymore enjoy dressing .If you can go out enfemme and enjoy your feelings. Have fun . Peg:hugs:

AmberTG
09-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the "loony bin":devil:
This really is a journey of self discovery!
Amber

alexis79
09-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your break-up. Welcome, I am new here as well and look forward to hearing more from you.
Kisses,

~alexis

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Discovring you are a CD is a great blessing. Although it can lead to some moments of anxiety and concern the venture can also be a source of great joy.

Sasha Anne

Karren H
09-05-2006, 01:56 PM
Well glad you popped in!! Everyone has to start somewhere and this is a wonderful place to do that!! Btw, did the shoes you order end your engagement or did I read that wrong?

Hmmmmmm You know if you take all the money you would have spent on the wedding.....you'll have a kick ass wardrobe!! Hehehe

Love Karren

RebeccaLouise
09-05-2006, 02:28 PM
Yes Karen, I'd ordered a pair of shoes on ebay and my fiancee saw a confirmation email before they had even arrived. No amount of discussion seemed to help - she has branded me a pervert/freak/you-name-it and reconciliation is a no go. I have no doubt it's for the best.

raquel
09-05-2006, 02:32 PM
hi
,welcome to a supportive group of friends:hugs:
Raquel

ErikaLeigh
09-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Its not a happy time breaking up with somebody you love, but I think its better that she knows before you get hitched. I wish I would have told my wife before we got married, and now I live in fear of being caught beause my wife doesnt know. If I could go back and do it all over again, I would have told her before we got married. And if I had had a support group like the people on this web site, it would have helped me tremendously.

Daintre
09-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Hi RebeccaLouise, sorry to hear of your break-up, but as was said earlier perhaps it was for the best. I hope you enjoy your stay with us and that you learn what youneed, just don't forget to have some fun

Girly Sara
09-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Rebecca,

Welcome to the forum, hun and i'm sorry to hear that your engagement was called off.

Enjoy being the true YOU now and remember we're here if you need any support.

Take care!

Sara xxxx

KarenSusan
09-05-2006, 06:04 PM
I think you dodged a bullet, RebeccaLouise. Welcome to the forum.

Jodi
09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Rebecca, Just a few tips on starting to shop

-Start by going to places away from where you live
-Buy a small tape measure and learn all your measurements.
-be relaxed, smiling and friendly when going into a store to shop.
-When asked by an SA to help, be confident and tell her the clothes are for you and that you are a cd. Then ask her to recommend the right outfit to fit you stylishly. Then ask if you are permitted to try on in the store
-Keep returning to the same stores to shop where you have been treated well
-don't be afraid to try on shoes in a shoe store. Wear pantyhose or kneehi's under your jeans to facilitate trying on in a store.
-don't be afraid to ask the SA's for advice, they enjoy helping happy people.

Now get out there and shop for that perfect outfit.

Jodi

Angie G
09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
Yes Rebecca some one ia always here if you need to talk :hugs:
ANGIE

Lanore
09-05-2006, 09:20 PM
Hello Rebecca
I've only been here for a while, but I can say this is the greatest group of women you'll ever meet. When you find you, enjoy what you've found.

Lanore

Karren H
09-05-2006, 09:25 PM
Yes Karen, I'd ordered a pair of shoes on ebay and my fiancee saw a confirmation email before they had even arrived. No amount of discussion seemed to help - she has branded me a pervert/freak/you-name-it and reconciliation is a no go. I have no doubt it's for the best.

Well welcome to te club.....I'm thinking of changing my name to Abby Normal!! hehehe

Love Karren

Melinda
09-05-2006, 09:36 PM
I'm going with Congratulations on your breakup. I certainly don't want to be mean (just dramatic! :heehee: ) and deeply regret the pain you both experienced. But, now you are free to find someone who loves and accepts you the way you are and will always be. I hope you find the perfect woman who loves both your masculine and feminine sides. This board is full of girls who live in secret and never see the light for fear of losing wives, children and friends all because of what we like to wear. It's also home to those who have already lost them.

Keep your bra and panties on and don't ever settle for someone who can't accept you in them. A little thumbing your nose at society is NOT too much to ask from those who love you.

Peace and kisses, Disciana