PDA

View Full Version : Another thread about leg hair???...not quite...

Sonia_cd
09-06-2006, 08:30 AM
Hey Girls!

I know its been ages since I've posted anything and the only excuse I can offer is that minor irritant normally referred to as work!!

So I have this question and was wondering if any of you ladies might be able to help me. I epilated my legs once and it felt wonderful. Painful as crap, but wonderful after the pain. Then, as is the curse for us men, it grew back and contrary to what I expected not thinner but pretty much the same thickness. The thought of all that pain especially as it gets closer to the groin area made me chicken out and use Veet instead the next couple of times. But, turns out I need A LOT of Veet!!!!

I was wondering if there was some way I could thin out the hair growth on my legs so they don't look overtly masculine at the same time are not super smooth all the time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Love,
Sonia

swiss_susan
09-06-2006, 09:14 AM
I feel your pain Sonia, I tried the same thing with much the same results... and yeah OUCH!!!!

Sonia_cd
09-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Thanks Tamara! Sounds like the voice of experience speaking which one shall heed.

And Susan...you got that right! OUCH is pretty much an understatement!! I can't believe there isn't a law banning epilators. They are really torture instruments dressed in the clothing of beauty products!!

Love,
Sonia

Karren H
09-06-2006, 11:47 AM
In the summer, when I have to pass as a male in shorts....family vacations and the like....I let my legs fuzz up but keep them thinned down with the old mustache trimmer plus i bleach the hair with blonde hair color so that they are almost invisible....

But summer is oficially over and I shaved last weekend.....Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaa!!!

Love Karren

Melissa A.
09-06-2006, 11:57 AM
I have been using Veet for around a year in addition to Aveeno Positively Smooth lotion, which claims to retard hair growth some, after time. I have noticed that my body hair(yes, I Veet my whole body!) is growing back a bit thinner and softer than it used to when I shaved. I realise Veet is not for everyone, especially those with sensitive skin (Got it on one of my boys once, and didn't notice-OMG! OW OW OW!), but it works well for me.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Sonia_cd
09-06-2006, 01:00 PM
I'm a beauty therapist, so I hope I know something :p

Well were you a good student, pay attention in school??? Or are you clients guinea pigs...:devil: :D

Aside, why don't you start a beauty school for us CD's??? Or would that be detrimental to your business???

Hugz,
Sonia

Sonia_cd
09-06-2006, 01:03 PM
I have been using Veet for around a year in addition to Aveeno Positively Smooth lotion, which claims to retard hair growth some, after time. I have noticed that my body hair(yes, I Veet my whole body!) is growing back a bit thinner and softer than it used to when I shaved. I realise Veet is not for everyone, especially those with sensitive skin (Got it on one of my boys once, and didn't notice-OMG! OW OW OW!), but it works well for me.

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

Thanks Melissa!

I'm going to try Veet a few more times and see what happens. Agreed that Veet is not for everyone, didn't read the box carefully the first time and burnt my skin pretty bad. Now I only use the one meant for sensitive skin, works like a charm!

Hugs,
Sonia

Peg
09-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Some one posted that there is veet for men , couldn't find it in U.S. web site . the only place i located it was the British site , they have all the luck, anyway does any body know if it works better than the womans version. Peg

Sally24
09-06-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't mind waxing but even home kits are expensive! I purchased an eppilator a few months ago and have been pretty happy with it. It works great on my arms and isn't too painful. The legs are a different story. Ingrown hairs, broken hairs, and some major pain in particular spots. I still prefer it to waxing for cost, just hoping it gets better as time goes on.

Sally