PDA

View Full Version : job interview

jennifer Marie
12-20-2004, 08:31 PM
Hi all im new to this site and have been dressing now for approx 9 years. I have got my self into a bit of trouble as I have got an interview for a female secreterial post tommorow afternoon and they are expecting a femail. What should I do?

Sharon
12-20-2004, 08:34 PM
Go.

And hi Jennifer Marie! Welcome to the forum. :)

jennifer Marie
12-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Hi Sharon thanks for the welcome

windycissy
12-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Depends on where you live. In California, for example, a man has the absolute right to dress as a woman on the job, and if the company decides not to hire you on the basis of how you dress, you can take them to the cleaners. Of course, they can pretend that they don't want to hire you for other reasons, and probably get away with it. One thought would be to wear a unisex outfit for your interview - tone down the makeup, wear pants, etc - you will still look flambouyant, and if they decide to hire you anyway, you will know that they are pretty tolerant and you may be able to ease into your femme role. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Rikki
12-21-2004, 12:14 AM
Hi Jennifer M.

I am to assume that you applied for the job as a female, so I would dress in a casual way that could swing either way, then take it from there. You have not a thing to lose.
Rikki

DonnaT
12-21-2004, 01:04 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Hi all im new to this site and have been dressing now for approx 9 years. I have got my self into a bit of trouble as I have got an interview for a female secreterial post tommorow afternoon and they are expecting a femail. What should I do?

Why is the secretarial position limited to a Female? If you gave them a female name, and it is not your legal name, they do not have to hire you if you lied on your application (verbally or written).

If you did not give them any false information, then it is up to you to decide how you wish to be perceived.

samanthajay
12-21-2004, 03:58 AM
dear god hope and pry that they areopen minded people :eek:

Amelie
12-21-2004, 06:44 AM
Just go as a woman, you have 9 years experience. Lucky, you didn't apply for the job of being a Border Collie on a farm. Not only would dressing like a Bordie Collie be difficult, but the walk and voice would be especially difficult.
Amelie

KewTnCurvy GG
12-21-2004, 07:49 AM
Just go as a woman, you have 9 years experience. Lucky, you didn't apply for the job of being a Border Collie on a farm. Not only would dressing like a Bordie Collie be difficult, but the walk and voice would be especially difficult.
Amelie

:D :D :D :D

hugs
kew

Wendy me
12-21-2004, 07:54 AM
well did you go ????????????did you get the job??????????????some one said theirs a job at the border but thay want you to dress for it

Ashleigh
12-21-2004, 08:06 AM
Welcome. Donna and her wisdom beat me to the punch. Even after they hire you, if they find out any misinformation, then your future there can be in jeapardy. If you do interview en femme and get the job - and hold it - I say way to go!

Julie York
12-21-2004, 12:24 PM
. Lucky, you didn't apply for the job of being a Border Collie on a farm. Not only would dressing like a Bordie Collie be difficult, but the walk and voice would be especially difficult.
Amelie

Yeah Amelie.
And I STILL didn't get the job!!
Anyone want 231 cans of dog food?
And I still have terrible side effects......"Come by!"....Wooooooosh!!!!!

Fallen Angel
12-21-2004, 02:26 PM
hi hope thing work out. by luck my self I work in a plce where people look for the stange and different (not meaning us) I started wearing female atire for differant ocasions mothers day holloween ect alot of the costumers were not offended at all and most of the woman just love me! always asking me where i get my shoes and outfits,nails done ect. there are a few that are ofended but not much this is a time where any thing is possible and where must people think just being your self is great, so dont be dissapointed thing work out trust me I go places in female atire the mall out clubbing ect and to work as well even the owner asked me if I was going to come in as miss santa clause? and you time will come just keep plugging my thought are with you and just remember if at firt you dont suceed try try again!!

Steffie-Lee
12-21-2004, 07:38 PM
If you have been dressing up for 9 years, pass as a female, qualify for the position, then put on your best office girl dress, and get the job!! & please tell us the details as to how you make out.:)

jennifer Marie
12-22-2004, 01:31 PM
hi
I summoned up the courage and went to the interview. I applied for the job through a advert in the local paper and sent in my CV, with a few obvious alterations. I was telephoned and asked to attend the interview with a Mr Walsh. On the day I was a bag of nerves and spent the whole morning getting ready. I decided on the following dress: a navy blue skirt (on the knee), navy jacket, creme pussy bow blouse, navy tights and navy shoes. I have longish hair and did this in an updo with a couple of strands of hair falling on either side of my face. My sister who has always known about my dressing taught me how to do hair and make up and I think the effort I made iwth my make up was the best I have ever achieved. I toned it down and wore just a light dusting of eye shadow, mascara, lip gloss and a hint of blush (although I probably didnt need blush). I checked myself over before leaving and arrived ten minutes before the interview time. I arrived in reception and the lady in reception asked me to take a seat and fill out a psychometric test and she advised me that she would inform Mr Walsh that I had arrived. So far so good, I hadnt been read and have dressed for many years in public without ever being detected (I think). I am lucky as I am quite effeminate naturally and my voice is often mistaken for a womens on the phone. I finished the test in the allocated 15 minutes and handed in and then returned to wait for Mr Walsh. By this time I was a nervous wreck and ready to walk out. I played with my varnished nails and fidgeted and then I heard a voice behind me calling Jennifer Marie Fisher. I got up and introduced myself and timidly shook Mr Walsh hand. He showed me into his office and asked me to sit down. I did and crossed my legs at the ankles ready to accept Mr Walsh's questions. We spoke for about 15 minutes where Mr Walsh explained that the position was for a junior secretary within the health and safety department. I was then asked to carry out a typing test and sat at the terminal where I was asked to type as many words as possible in 5 minutes (I am a pretty good typist as I went to secreterial college, where I was the only guy - thats another story). I took off my jacket at Mr Walsh's insistence to make myself more comfortable and then realised that he could see my creme bra straps through my blouse, which made me feel slightly nervy. I took the test and succeeded in typing 260 words in the allocated 5 minutes. I then had to do a short hand test and had to read back to Mr Walsh what he had recited. This went fairly well and then after all this Mr Walsh showed me around the company and introduded me to various staff, which makes me feel like I may have got the job, however I wont know for sure until 4th January earliest. What really encouraged me, as I was getting my coat from reception was that Mr Walsh told me I was a delightful young lady and that I was a credit to my parents. I came away feeling that I was 10 feet tall rather than the 5'5" in my 2" T-bar shoes. I am awaiting an offer of employment and then I will have some serious thinking to do.

Lots of love
Jennifer Marie

Julie
12-22-2004, 01:46 PM
Jennifer I am so happy that you went ahead with the interview en femme and that things seem to have went well. My fingers are crossed for you (hence the trouble typing this) that the other applicants are not up to your standard and the job is offered to you.

Happy Holidays

JJ

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Not to rain on everyone's parade here - but if you applied as a female, and are actually male, wouldn't that be purposeful falsification of company records? You mention you had a "few obvious alterations" on your application too.

Where I work, that is automatic grounds for dismisal..... just asking.

DanaJ

Fallen Angel
12-22-2004, 04:11 PM
good for you jennie, my prayers were with you on this one!!!!!. and I hope you get it please keep us informed on the job status if he showed you around that a very possitive sign! and Im glad you feel ten feet tall! this way we dont have to lend you any plattform shoes luv-ya fallen angle

Marlene4a
12-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Dana: Good observation. Something like this charade is totally illegal and can be downright dangerous for all parties.

Real GG's are smart, and can "ferret" out crossdressers real quick.

I mean....where would she eat lunch, who to associate with, and go to the bathroom?

And yes, what about I.D.? I someone ripping off the Queen ??

We must have truth in posting, to allow truth in reactions and answers.

Just being real....that is all, ...and not tying to hurt anyone.

Love and all.......

Me

JoannaDees
12-23-2004, 12:48 PM
Being as you are already out and about, interviewing and such why not post a picture? I'd love to see how you looked for the interview.

samanthajay
12-24-2004, 01:21 AM
Amelie
hehehe hahahah :D

samanthajay
12-24-2004, 01:28 AM
hi hope thing work out. by luck my self I work in a plce where people look for the stange and different (not meaning us) I started wearing female atire for differant ocasions mothers day holloween ect alot of the costumers were not offended at all and most of the woman just love me! always asking me where i get my shoes and outfits,nails done ect. there are a few that are ofended but not much this is a time where any thing is possible and where must people think just being your self is great, so dont be dissapointed thing work out trust me I go places in female atire the mall out clubbing ect and to work as well even the owner asked me if I was going to come in as miss santa clause? and you time will come just keep plugging my thought are with you and just remember if at firt you dont suceed try try again!!
dear god honey where are you working at?

samanthajay
12-24-2004, 01:34 AM
all i can say is that my priers are with you :o

Serena
12-24-2004, 01:53 AM
Glad the interveiw went well, I'm happy for you.

I think you would only get in trouble with a fake name if it was some goverment facility, but I may be wrong. Of course, I'd just put in Roberta (My real name is Robbie; Hey, close enough :D ) so it wouldn't exactly be lieing, bu tnot telling the truth either.