PDA

View Full Version : How long can you go?

Kimberly
09-06-2006, 09:56 AM
Under normal circumstances in which you are free to dress, but still need to get out of the house, work, go out etc.

I'm an every day girl at the moment -- it's scary me a little bit. It's like I can't get by without dressing for at least an hour a day. :sad: I must be bored!

Poll away, gals!! :devil:

alison
09-06-2006, 10:05 AM
I've recently gone from dressing once or twice a week, to almost every day. Sometimes that means a little bit before work, and sometimes that means all evening long with the SO. I'm loving it. It feels great to not have to hide Alison away so much. Especially when I've gotten such great clothes recently!

Ever so slowly coming out of the closet...

Karren H
09-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Well I voted every couple weeks and I can survive on that but if I were allowed I'd dress more often..

And it's been a month so I'm starting to get the urge to break out and spend a day enfemme somewhere shopping....No business trips on the horizon so I'm just going to take a day off work and go....

Lucky girl.....everyday would be a dream....you need to get a hobby...I mean another hobby!! Hehehe

Love Karren

Kimberly
09-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Lucky girl.....everyday would be a dream....you need to get a hobby...I mean another hobby!! Hehehe
It's called Drama College... I won't be so lucky in a couple of weeks time. :)

angelfire
09-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I dress in panties for a few hours about once a week, sometimes add pantyhose. Obviously, somtimes I dress more or less often though.

susanjane
09-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi,

I never have the thought of dressing off my mind, and I normally dress every other day, and at weekends I stay dressed.
Even when in 'drab' I always wear panties, bras, a little eye make up and perfume.

Love
Susanjane.

Gisele
09-06-2006, 11:09 AM
I've recently gone from dressing once or twice a week, to almost every day. Sometimes that means a little bit before work, and sometimes that means all evening long with the SO. I'm loving it. It feels great to not have to hide Alison away so much. Especially when I've gotten such great clothes recently!

Ever so slowly coming out of the closet...

I'm right in the same boat with you! I am Beth day and night except for working and doing guy things. On my days off I am Beth full tilt with makeup. My SO loves it as well.:love:

Tina Dixon
09-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Well I went most of the summer with out dressing and I was in a funk after my little secret was discovered but reading the question right here if I could dress every day how long could I go? with out dressing probably 3 to 5 days.

JoAnnDallas
09-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I put every 3-5 days, but for the last couple of months, I have been able to dress for a little while three days a week. My wife takes water arobics on Mondays, Wednesday, and Friday. She leaves long before I need to leave for work, so I have a chance to wear panties, bra, pantyhose. I then add a T-shirt, shorts or such, wig, lipstick, and my zebra slides. Sometimes I'll go for a slip, dress or skirt/blouse and heels. I'll then collect the trash from around the house, bag it up with the trash from the kitchen and take out to the dumpster. If there is no trash to take out, I'll take the mail and walk to the mailbox and back. It gets interesting at times, since school is back in session and occasionly there are kids walking by to school. No one seems to take notice of me, just another lady taking the trash out or putting mail in her mailbox. I don't look directly at the kids, so they don't really get a good look at my face. I usually will turn my back to them and act like I doing something in the yard. I even got a wave from another woman down the street the other day. I waved back too.

Ellie
09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
I generally can go 2-3 days before I see my cute red toe nails and I just have to dress up to match them!

Actually it depends more on how tired and/or stressed I am at the end of the day.

Sonia_cd
09-06-2006, 01:17 PM
I've gone with once every couple of weeks cos thats about an average. There have been non-dressing periods in excess of 5 months at times and dressing periods of a couple of hours everyday. Methinks there is a topic for funded study here, exploring the erratic nature of the dressing urge in crossdressers. I'm happy to be the subject and researcher, any funders????

Sonia

Peg
09-06-2006, 01:26 PM
I dress in pantys everyday work midnights so no one home all day so i can dress everyday if i'm not to tired . but if i don't get to dress everyother day i get cranky and my wife tells me to go put a skirt on and behave. Peg

Ronda_B
09-06-2006, 01:47 PM
I don't get to dress as often as want to any more. Since my kids have moved in with me, I never know when they will popin unexpectedly. I pry for the time that they spend with their mother.

Alice

gildasuffolk
09-06-2006, 02:33 PM
I work nights and the wife does'nt work,so when she works I will have all day to dress very day, Pushing her as hard as I can for her to get a job.:o

DAVIDA
09-06-2006, 03:07 PM
I dress pretty much every day.It just makes me happy. I don't wear my wigs all the time or use makeup very often,I am not that good at it and it takes too long. I do however wear shoes a lot!!!!

Teresa Amina
09-06-2006, 04:02 PM
It varies a lot. Some weeks I'll only dress for an evening or two, usually if I've had longer than usual workdays and I'm just too achy to care about much in general. Other times I'll dress at least part of 4 or 5 days.

kwebb
09-06-2006, 04:05 PM
Due to a change in job status my wife is going to be gone out of the house for weeks at a time. We both thought it would be a time for me to find out just how much dressing I wanted to do and how big a part of my life this really has become.

Going into it I figured I'd be dressed the whole time when I'm at home, but that is not so. The desire to do it has just not been there. One night I just said let me do it just for the sake of doing it and having the free time/space to do it. It was neither exciting nor enjoyable, just kinda 'there'.

What is exciting is to leave the house in the morning and be Karen in my mind. Just imagining myself to be in my fave outfits going out into the world is fulfilling and liberating. What if I really could do it? Its like the fantasy is outweighing the reality. Have not done it in 4 days, the opp is here now and I just got a new wig, but no real desire to get into it.

Its like all day out and about I have been in it in my mind and now that I am home there is no desire to do it within the 4 walls. Strange fruit indeed.

KarenSusan
09-06-2006, 05:37 PM
There is only an hour or two every day when I'm not dressed.

pinkshelly
09-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Im fully dressed now, will be tomarro. Last day was last thursday. I would live full time if I could. After a couple of days in drab, I really start to get down and mean. Oh, I voted 1-2 days.
Huggs, Shelly.

Blonde
09-06-2006, 07:14 PM
I voted 1-2 days.
I sometime go longer, but on average 1-2 days before I start to really think about it.
I dress for bed almost every night. Bra with foam breastforms, panties, and a fem night shirt. I might miss one or 2 nights per month, but mostly I am en-femm when I sleep

ReginaK
09-07-2006, 03:09 AM
I've gone a few months now. Not out of choice though. Doesn't really bother me. I get a little anxious, but that's it. I find other things to occupy my mind and time.

Miss Vicki
09-07-2006, 04:00 AM
I responded as every 3-4 weeks. My son was home from college this summer and either He or his friends would pop in whenever they felt like it. Did not want to take a chance of getting caught.
Now, I have a chance to dress and if it is a nice day then I am working around the house or running errands. Not much time to dress. However, if it was up to me, I would dress 6-10 hours every day. At least with stockings and maybe a bra. I will wait until Winter and then enjoy.

Miss Vicki

Marla S
09-07-2006, 04:31 AM
Luckily I am able to dress 24/7, what I do.
It's "terribly" normalizing the whole issue. More and more I don't even think about it when I choose my clothes for the day. This is a real problem because, though my view has changed, that of the "society" didn't.
I have to urge myself to be careful and to dress down when I go out. This excludes heels, skirts, dresses (not a dress type anyway) and bright red lipstick; except for some shoes, that isn't really a problem. This way I am still forced to leave some styles for the closet (silly at the first instance, but that's the price), which isn't a closet anymore but a protected area.

Angie G
09-07-2006, 04:33 AM
about 10-14 hrs for work other then that I have atlest fem panties on :hugs:
ANGIE

eleyna
09-07-2006, 04:55 AM
Luckily I am able to dress 24/7, what I do.
It's "terribly" normalizing the whole issue. More and more I don't even think about it when I choose my clothes for the day.

I'm comfortable about not being dressed outside, I'm not really looking to CD. But it's a funny contrast, the first part of what you described is what I'm struggling to achieve. I made a resolution yesterday, now that I have enough 'safe' items to wear, to keep my 2 remaining pairs of male-undies for emergencies only. The last two days at work, after my 10day en-femme vacation, I've not fretted about dressing or been inconveniently aware of my "Authentic boxers" (with *decorative* fly ;)

Not that I don't sometimes wish society would get over itself and we could all dress like Eddie Izzard (well, not exactly like... :)

Marla S
09-07-2006, 06:23 AM
... the first part of what you described is what I'm struggling to achieve.
Well I think it is predominately a question of the perspective but not really a difference in action.

If you stand in front of your wardrobe and choose clothes for drab, you might ask: Does this shirt fit to this pants ? Is it approriate for the occasion ? Where is my favorite pullover ? White tennis socks with sandals or better black socks with loafers (the latter I would suggest :D )?

Doing so It is not very likely that you tell yourself: Oh, I am a man, I am a man, I dress drab, I feel so masculine, etc. !!! constantly.

It's a bit different usually choosing fem-clothes. Mind is full of "I am a CD, I feel so fem, am I a weird, finally I am able to dress, is this right, I am so excited etc."

Skipping this thoughts (not easy, but practice will do) and focusing on the actual choice of clothes (appropriate for time, age, occasion, mood, people to meet etc.) like any non-CDing GM or GG does is "normalization". It's even more easy to skip the skirt for going out (not approriate) as it should be for white socks and sandals.

Indeed you think about women's labeled clothes whole the time and will enjoy your favorite ones or your favorite combination, but if you don't confuse this with thinking about CDing you are there.

Lisa Golightly
09-07-2006, 06:28 AM
Oh... I could never suck an opal fruit :)

Marla S
09-07-2006, 06:34 AM
Oh... I could never suck an opal fruit :)
You don't have to.

michelle-h
09-07-2006, 07:50 AM
I generally go between a week and 2 weeks at a time. Sometimes its longer. This last spell was over 3 weeks. And I was getting pretty antsy. But, given the chance, I would probably dress at least once a week or more if I could. I do wear panties 24/7 and I spend a lot of free time here and chatting with my girlfriends. That helps keep the urge for full dress at bay. At least I can think femme, even when I can't look femme.

Michelle-H

Tiana
09-07-2006, 08:34 AM
i am very lucky because my wife fully accepts my cding and i have worn long silky & satin nightdresses in bed with her every night for many years now and i fully dress up once a week for an evening. easier now as our children have left home but they don't know.i would find it very difficult not to wear a nightdress in bed now and certainly could not go more than a week to dress up fully usually in a long evening dress or a wedding dress.x:

Barb Valentine
09-07-2006, 09:04 PM
For me I think of it as I have to be in the mood
If I feel like dressing some times I'll do it every day
But If I'm not in the mood it maybe months without dressing
It not that I say "If I don't dress every two or three day I go nuts"
I just have to feel like it

angelfire
09-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm pretty much the same as barb there.

And white socks & Sandals? Ew.

Jenn2716
09-07-2006, 09:57 PM
I usually only like to dress when I'm able to keep myself completely smooth. So I usually shave head to toe, dress for a couple of days and then let the hair grow for a couple or three days and then shave again. Seems to work well enough for me at the moment. Now if I could ever afford enough electolysis I may increase how often I dress.

Deanna2
09-07-2006, 10:02 PM
I wear only femme underwear and pantyhose, so I've always got some femme gear on. I generally wear femme outerwear ( skirts, etc) around the house fulltime. So I guess my answer is - all the time.

Scotty
09-07-2006, 10:08 PM
I tend to wait until the evening hours, if I feel like it I'll slip into some shorts and a tank top but with teh colder weather coming on I slip into something comfy - all feminine of course.

I dressed the other night full tilt just to see what the new wig looked like though and it felt good, too much company with all the neighbors tho so I'm laying low....

I always wear femme stuff inside after work if no company is expected, but again just shorts and a t-strap type of shirt or tank top.

TexasBG
09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I didn't see an answer that suited (no pun intended) me. I can go weeks to months. I am enjoying the fact that I can go 24/7 four days a week currently as I'm semi-retired and the wife is on contract out of town, which very much keeps the peace as my dress-up time is not something she's a big fan of.

Society would discover a great deal about itself if it allowed those of us that make it up to dress as we pleased. In my case, I find a fairly short dress a much more comfortable clothing option and cute cotton underwear fits my childlike personality. I'll paraphrase from the Gospel of Thomas: What you bring forth will save you, what you don't will destroy you.

eleventhdr
09-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Dress all of the time if and when it were permited no distraction and or inturruptions like it is still now it is very difficult to really relax and be dressed the way i would perfer where i am now living.

Oh well.

If and when i ever could get away from here i very probaly would transition!

Jay Suzy!

ColleenCD
09-07-2006, 10:37 PM
30 minutes for showering? Pretty things underneath from there everyday.

Colleen

BeckyB
10-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Since I do not have an accepting wife I very rarely get to dress up. It has been months and it really works on me not getting to dress. She left with the kids this morning and is out of town until Wednesday. I do not have to go in to work until Thursday night, so here I am all dressed up and no where to go.

Sasha Anne Meadows
10-23-2006, 05:04 PM
I can't stand boy clothes anymore. If I go out in boy clothes for even an hour or so I have to come home and dress in girl clothes. I just hate being a boy anymore.

tall_brianna
10-23-2006, 05:20 PM
I went all summer without. My son was out with me. I thought maybe this purge was the final one. I went all boy, dated several women - all too cookie cutter for my taste. Yep, this was it, I had pushed the deamon back into it's pit... and then one day while doing laundry I dropped a sock behind the dryer and while fishing it out, fished out a pair of the ex's cotton victoria secret striped bikinis. I was all alone and just had to stop right there and swap my underwear for those. :heehee:

I'm glad that this time instead of destroying all the evidence at the start of the purge I instead rented a storage locker and stuffed it all in there. The $120 I spent on the locker for 3 months was far less than I would have spent rebuying everything.

brie

wabnaok
10-23-2006, 05:30 PM
I usually wear something everyday. A camisole or bra, & kneehi's are preferred daily.

Glenda58
10-23-2006, 05:47 PM
I can dress everyday. But most of the time it's at night. Haven't gone a full day in 4 years without something on. Even if is just cotton panties.

RebeccaLynne
10-23-2006, 05:51 PM
I just went back to work after six consecutive days off, all spent en femme. Got home this morning, slept 4 hours, a brief shopping trip, got home, showered, and dressed again. I absolutely must dress en femme daily. What a luxury! Were it not an occupational necessity, I'd be en femme 24/7.

RaeCD
10-23-2006, 08:10 PM
I tend to dress every few days, more if i can.:happy:

Bernice
10-23-2006, 08:18 PM
"Need" has connotations that are more severe than "want". I would "want" to dress 24/7, but if I can't dress for a week, I get really grouchy. I suppose I might survive months or years before committing suicide over being unable to dress as I please, but nobody would enjoy it.

eleventhdr
10-23-2006, 08:29 PM
That kind of is a tough one to answere because a lot of us are not able to dress like we really would like to which would very probaly be a whole lot more of the time if it were possible to do so but we are in circumstances where we can not so. we do not but we still do desire ever so to do so we want to be ourselves as much as possible but it is not possible all of the time for a lot of us indeed!

Oh well.

I still know who wand what i really am inside at the very least so that must mean something right!

Anyway Maybe someday stuff will be different somehow and then I can and will dress when and how I do really do please do be and then ahng it all I surely will!

Until that time I do contend myself to be able to do it just as much as i can but you know how that is and can be.

Jay Suzy!

Mistybtm
10-23-2006, 08:35 PM
I dress every day and go out a night that way but never to work or durring the day.