PDA

View Full Version : Single Parents, Their Kids And Crossdressing

Clare
09-07-2006, 04:46 AM
For those of us who are single Parents, do you have custody of the children full time or at scheduled times?

I was wondering whether you crossdress or go fully femme around them, don't dress at all when they are with you, or dress very discretely when you can.

I'm hoping to get access/custody to my Son later this year and I will NOT be crossdressing, using makeup or any other indicator of my transgenderism when he is with me. I don't want him being influenced by this at his age (4yrs) especially as his Mom would go crazy if she found out! Better to let my Son be brought up without this distraction in his life.

Your honest comments would be of interest to me - thanks all.

Helen MC
09-07-2006, 05:46 AM
I do not have kids having made a deliberate decision never to do so when I was in my teens. I felt then and still do that being a father and an M to F CD would cause far too many conflicts and was doomed to failure.

I do however sympathise with any TV/CD who does have children and I feel you are being very wise Claire is adopting the self-denying ordinance of not "dressing" while your child is with you, for the reasons you have stated.

Good luck to you and I hope all goes well when you have your kid with you later this year.

Daintre
09-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Hi Clare, I got divorced when my son was eight, after discussion between both sides, we came to the agreement that I would portray the "dad" and only show my my male side when I had my son, we did the typical dad-son things, sports, Cubs. Scouts, hockey......the "guy" stuff.
In the divorce papers we stated that this would be the way it was to be until my son was 18.
If I can be of any help, please let me know

Wendy me
09-07-2006, 08:04 AM
i would think your right with not dressing while you have your child .... with time spent so short the time should be abought your child and not abought your dressing ...... huge congrads on knowing that the child comes frist......

Deborah
09-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Yes i have full custody. One of the reasons i haven't gone full time.
My kids don't need to know so if and when i dress up it's either late at night or when they are at school.

kristine239
09-07-2006, 10:13 AM
This is always a problem and there are pros and cons on both sides of this as well as the question of "Do I tell my children or not".

Dr. Sandra Samons, a noted Sexologist on CD family issues will be discussing this subject in depth in her workshop "To Tell or Not To Tell: Chrossdressers and Their Children". Also Dr. Sandra Cole, will present workshops on several related issues concerning family and SO's.

These will be presented at Transgender 2007 in April 2007. You may want to bookmark [url]www.IFGE.org/convention and watch for the program listings which will be posted sometime in late October 2006.

These workshops as well as 54 others relating to a wide range of CD, TG, TS subjects, are a good place to get involved with many others who have experienced the same problems that we wll face every day of our lives.

Calliope
09-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Well, since my marriage has been hanging by a thread (for years!) (yeh, no surprise), I might add my perspective.

I feel the gender and age of the child(ren) is a key consideration.

My missus and I agreed since we had young girls, then we'd go ahead and let me fem around them - with a moderate build up time to prep them. After all, we reasoned, I am sorta just affirming the coolness of girlness - which can be a pump-up for them. Also of consideration: I do not use padding etc. to mimic conspicuous sexual characteristics. I guess I'm 'just' Dad with a nicer face and better clothes.

If the girls were teenagers, we would have thought a lot more carefully - and perhaps sought professional advice.

With boys - of any age - probably I would have declined to come out at home.

julie w
09-08-2006, 12:45 PM
why involve you son? cd ing is something you do for you own pleasure ,and
you dont know what it might do to his young mind