PDA

View Full Version : Repayment

angelfire
09-07-2006, 11:09 PM
While I don't have an SO, I am just curious about something. This question is mostly for GGs, or CDs with accepting/encouraging SOs.

So, my question is, how do you repay your SO when you come home stressed from work, and found out she picked you up something nice and wants you to try it on, or how does your SO repay you (for the GGs)?

I mean, they are being so accepting and supportive, and helpful, to make sure you are happy and relaxed, how do you repay them?

I guess I am just curious, because if I had a SO who did that for me, I wouldn't be able to come up with the words to describe how grateful I am.

Billijo49504
09-08-2006, 12:00 AM
You pay her credit card bill at Avenue or Lane Bryant or Victoria Secret. How's that for some ideas???? That's what I do...BJ

JD Jade Dream GG
09-08-2006, 12:25 AM
Things that might make MEhappy and relaxed too!

Paint my toenails after you give me a footrub.:D
Wash my car. Dressed!:happy:
Household chores. Again dressed!:heehee:
Cooking for me! Thats always nice! Clothing optional:thumbsup:
But mostly, show you care about me, say you love me!:hugs:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

PS I'd do all of those things too!

Vera Lynn
09-08-2006, 12:34 AM

Im in

eleyna
09-08-2006, 12:37 AM

Whether or not you are going to be naked is very, very important to meal planning. No clothes = no slicing, no dicing, no chopping, no mincing, no grinding, no crushing, no "softening" with a mallet, and no frying! :)

JD Jade Dream GG
09-08-2006, 12:38 AM
OK Eleyna
For you!
You better wear an apron!
No sass or else!:p

Ashley Helen
09-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Some may have a problem with the no mincing!

Helen

Lady Jayne
09-08-2006, 02:14 AM
Some may have a problem with the no mincing!

Helen
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_6.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS) Now that tickled me!

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb098_ZS&utm_id=7926)

Joy Carter
09-08-2006, 02:19 AM
I put in a fifty hour plus week on the job so yes even though she is not accepting I do all I can to keep her happy and that includes personal attention. I give the best foot and back rubs in the Midwest.:thumbsup:

Mistybtm
09-08-2006, 04:07 AM

good for you i would love to do all those things for you.
you are a wonderful person i hope someday i will meet some one like you.

Angie G
09-08-2006, 04:24 AM
Hi Angel with lots of thank yous and lots of hlep around the house :hugs:
Angie

RachelDenise
09-08-2006, 04:50 AM
Do something for the other person that they normally would not do for themselves. A little pampering or surprise gift or both goes a long way. It doesn't have to be an immediate repayment. Surprise them!

angelfire
09-08-2006, 06:02 AM
Thanks for all the responses.

My opinion on "paying her bills for her" seems like it is putting a price-tag on the acceptance, thought, etc. Personally, I would likely rather treat her (and perhaps myself) to a day at the spa, or give massages, or cook, because it generally shows that you put some thought into it, and not just "well, heres some $. We're even now"

DAVIDA
09-08-2006, 06:15 AM
I am constantly "repaying" my wife. I do a lot of the cooking and cleaning. I also buy most of her clothes and shoes for her.
(she never goes shopping alone)

sue ellan
09-08-2006, 06:41 AM
i take my SO for rides on our harley davidson. she likes to ride as much as i do. we take our vactations on the harley and take long rides on the weekends weather permiting:hugs:
sue ellan

rpservices1
09-08-2006, 07:00 AM
I do all I can for her and I tell her how much I love her .we have been married 39 years and she is still the love of my life... Brenda

Sage GG
09-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Its not about repayment its about love.

Daphnie-Duck
09-08-2006, 10:11 AM
Whether or not you are going to be naked is very, very important to meal planning. No clothes = no slicing, no dicing, no chopping, no mincing, no grinding, no crushing, no "softening" with a mallet, and no frying! :)

She could always at least wear a short, frilly apron while cooking. She could still, for the most part, be considered naked, and those safety issues would be largely taken care of.

michelle-h
09-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Its not about repayment its about love.

Sage is right on the money. But I do try to show my appreciation by helping with all the household chores and taking care of the kids. I do the laundry about half of the time. And I get both kids ready in the mornings so she can get a few more minutes of sleep.

Michelle-h

Janice Ashton
09-08-2006, 10:51 AM

JD Jade Dream GG has hit the nail right on the head in three words:

For all the thanks you offer, chores you do or gifts you buy to say thank you,
The most important thing you can do is say, " I LOVE YOU " and MEAN IT !!
I am of the opinion that of all the things women like to have or be pampered with, those three words mean the most.
Best wishes Louise

Sandra
09-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Nigella tells me that she loves me every day, what other payment do I need.:luvu: I might also add that I tell her the same every day. :<3: ok you can get the :puke: bucket now.:D

vbcdgrl
09-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Hear, Hear, Angelfire! Being a supportive SO to a CDer is going way beyond the call of duty, IMHO.

Vikki

ColleenCD
09-08-2006, 12:48 PM
For me it's supporting her and pouring myself into her life. I also become her Chef. I love to cook. I make sure to spend time with her and less couch time, though I still spend too much time at work.

Colleen

EricaCD
09-08-2006, 12:57 PM
If you are thinking in terms of repayment, reciprocation, or anything like that then you are not getting it. It works like this: I am eternally, hopelessly in love with my wife. Making her happy is what makes me happy. I believe she feels the same way.

Sometimes, of course, I try to reciprocate for an immediate kindness. Sometimes I specifically do want to return a favor. But love is not a set of debits and credits: tolerance and favors repaid with gratitude or other favors.

The good news is that when you do find your SO, you will not need this to be explained to you :)

Erica

Christina Nicole
09-08-2006, 05:45 PM
I do some of the laundry for us, all of the dishes and cooking utensils, pay for dinner when we go out, wash and clean her car (new Jaguar Vanden Plas), pay for the housekeeper, pay the household expenses. I go shopping with her sometimes. Go on trips to places I rather not visit, but I go because she wants to go. Maintain the house, cars, lawns, and boats. Walk the dog for her when I can or when it's her turn but raining outside or when she otherwise doesn't want to do it. I... oh wait. Sorry, you said accepting spouse. Mine hates cding and gives me hell about it. Never mind.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Rachel Morley
09-08-2006, 06:45 PM
To me, your question suggests that the SO did something that means that there is now a debt that has to be somehow repaid.

The scenario that you suggest happens to me fairly often. I come home from work and unbeknown to me, Marla just happens to have gone to the mall that day. I go into the bedroom to change out of my office clothes and there laid out on the bed is a pretty bra and panty set, or a feminine top or a cute little cardi...you get the picture. In my case, my wife has done this for two reasons, one..she like to see me wear feminine clothes and two...she wants to make me happy and she knows any kind of present, but especially girl's clothes, is (just like at Christmas) all about "giving" just because you want to.

It's always unprovoked and spontaneous. It's because of love. I do it for her too. Many times, I've come home with flowers for no reason, or stopped off to get some of her favorite candy. I often do house chores just to be helpful so she doesn't have to. So when you say:

I mean, they are being so accepting and supportive, and helpful, to make sure you are happy and relaxed, how do you repay them?
...it's all about caring and sharing. Like the others have said, it's all part of being in love. It's not expected or demanded, it's given freely and it's everything to do with making the other person happy just because you want to. No repayment is necessary....just lots of tender loving care.