PDA

View Full Version : How Much Did Your Purging Cost?

Melanie
09-07-2006, 11:36 PM
Hi ,
I don't wish to be super nosey but it came to my attention after I had recieved my credit card bill,just how much $$ I had spent,just to euip myself with the basics to start CDing once again.

At beginning of Aug of this year I purportedly spent upward of $600.00 CDN in order to purchase a new wig,2 blouses,skirts,some lingerie, all the makeup,a little jewelry(not expensive),shoes and a purse.

So it makes sense NEVER to purge again,I am keeping my things in storage for now.I may get a locker at 'Wildside' the TG/CD boutique in Toronto which ends up being cheaper than a storage unit.
I thought it would be less than this to get back into the scene and I shopped at discount outlets only !!

Hugs,
Melanie :hugs:

AmberTG
09-07-2006, 11:52 PM
I only purged once, about 8 years ago, but I didn't have much to get rid of at that time, I used to do a lot of borrowing from the closet so I didn't need much then. I have my own stuff now.

ArleneRaquel
09-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Over one thousand dollars worth--- NEVER AGAIN----I didn't throw (actually donate) everything way, and I'm I glad that I did't. Actually over two thousand bucks---Down the drain, and some of the lingerie, especially, was very nice. Katrina Sends Her :love:

KarenSusan
09-08-2006, 12:05 AM
I have never purged.

Daintre
09-08-2006, 12:27 AM
OH it is not just the money that was lost, I got rid of some wonderful outfits, I have purged only once, now I realize these clothes are part of me and I know I will not purge again. :p

Lisa Golightly
09-08-2006, 01:54 AM
I only purged once, but it wasn't the money that still haunts me to this day... It was the loss of one pair of shoes...

Stupid, stupid, stupid Lisa...

Kate Simmons
09-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Never figured it out. Would probably get sick if I did. Big bucks, Hon, big bucks!! Ericka Kay

Angie G
09-08-2006, 04:17 AM
Over the years about $ 200 or so thats when my wife didn't know so I never had to much on hand
Angie

Phyliss
09-08-2006, 05:04 AM
Fortunately I haven't "purged" yet. Being a cheapskate I don't think I'd want to. Kinda afraid to total it all up. Must be at least into the 4 figure numbers by now. $$$$$$$$$$ and then some.

Myst
09-08-2006, 05:12 AM
My urge to CD has never been so strong as it has over the past year or so. In that time, I have bought some things, but it actually hasn't been too expensive.

Most of the clothes were bough at a thrift shop, or on clearance. I don't even think I spent over sevety-five dollars on clothes.

My amount of make-up is small, so didn't spend a lot there either. I don't have too many opportunities to dress up enfemme, so that does help keep the expences low. I'm sure if given more opportunites, I would be spending a lot more! LOL

Joy Carter
09-08-2006, 05:20 AM
Three hundred dollars just to please the wife. But never again, do you know where I can find a pair of brown suede three inch heels in size thirteen +?

RikkiOfLA
09-08-2006, 05:20 AM
In my twenties I purged regularly. The cost out of pocket must have been a few thousands of dollars. What it did to my self-esteem? Hideous!

Never again!

Rikki

angelfire
09-08-2006, 05:54 AM
I have purged a few times, but never had much to begin with, so at most I lost 20$ to purging.

Right now my wardrobe is worth maybe 25$. Mostly thrift anyway.

Lawren
09-08-2006, 08:00 AM
I don't even want to think about that. The actual figure might scare me.

Toni Shelton
09-08-2006, 08:03 AM
Over one thousand dollars, about 6 years ago. I told myself then that was the last. I thought it was the last I would buy anything, But It was the last time I purged. I dont feel guilt anymore. I know who I am and understand it Now.

LARIE
09-08-2006, 08:03 AM
I threw away laced pantys last year as I was a little embarrassed to wear them in front of my SO. Wish I had them back, as now lace is in in this house.

Slip Affinity
09-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Over the years .... way too much. I would have a hard time putting a monetary value on it. I sure would like to have the lingerie I had at the time tho. Most of it would be called "vintage" now.

Denise01
09-08-2006, 09:46 AM
I have only partially purged once, and that probably cost me in the $300. range.

A couple of time i thought i was finsihed, but fortunately i just packed things up and put them in the attic, only to get them out within a month later.

The urge to dress is stronger now than ever, and i won't even think as to how many $$$$$$$$$$ i have spent on my wardrobe, even though i am a sale person, it would scare, me

Denise

Marla S
09-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Not much. At the times when I purged (2 or 3 times, last time about 15 years ago) I had only very few items (didn't dare to buy clothes).

Sky
09-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I purged a lot of times. (last time quite recently, so right now I don't own anything femme). It could be a heavy financial burden, if it wasn't because I'm extremely cheap and have never bought anything really expensive. Plus last time I sold some things on ebay -didn't get much for them but it felt a tad better.

Wendy me
09-08-2006, 12:08 PM
how much did it set me back??? nouthing i never purged at all never i almost did once ..........

ColleenCD
09-08-2006, 12:21 PM
It was some panties, hose, and a fantastic nightgown, maybe a few more items, but purging is more than the article of clothing. It was trying to conform to something I'm not. I'm a crossdresser. I need to wear women's clothing.

The other cost was having to regain ground with my wife of her acceptance of me.

Colleen

Kimberley
09-08-2006, 01:43 PM
My last purge in 2001 cost me in the neighbourhood of $3000 CDN. Like so many others I wish I hadnt. I probably shouldnt have but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Deborah
09-08-2006, 01:48 PM
I've never purged. There have been times where i've been really busy and just left everything either hanging up or in their boxes, but i've never gotten rid of anything. Unless it was worn out or damaged of course.

Ashley Helen
09-08-2006, 01:53 PM
My purging has cost very little so far. I purged all my femme gear before we moved from England to Spain. I just couldn't see how I could get the clothes into boxes, into storage for months and get them unpacked again without someone seeing them.
Now we are settled in Spain I find little time alone when I could dress and little opportunity to buy things. I have a few items, possibly €25 worth (I think that's about $25 and 18 pounds sterling).
Never seen shoes in my size here, even my cousins wife had difficulty finding her size and she has smaller feet than I do. Found a wig shop but it is not close and only been in the area with my wife.

All in all I don't know how CDers here manage.

Love

Helen xx

Tina Dixon
09-08-2006, 01:56 PM
I used to purge a bit in my younger days but never had what I have today, with the price of breast forms, wigs, and shoes for big feet the best thing to do is just put every thing away when you get that feeling or it's going to cost a bundle to get it back.

Sexy_kavya26
09-08-2006, 03:24 PM
i have purged three times and it cost me total in thousands. ( dresses /wigs cost more0

marykrissmithcd
09-08-2006, 03:49 PM
It cost me about $1000 the last time I purged to get back the things I love. Gave away some really great pumps that I haven't been able to replace but then it's fun to keep looking.

Kenix
09-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Can't say I purged except throwing away a pair of slingbacks with broken straps.

It's expensive to build a wardrobe though. :( I already spent $80 on an outfit this week and I am looking for a wig.

The makeover is pushed to the back of the list...

eleyna
09-08-2006, 04:52 PM
Back in my mid 20s when I first started precociously exploring these urges, I hated it. I'd spend upto $200 on pairs of shoes, maybe $150 on lingerie odds and ends and maybe $100 on some clothing. Between 24-30 I probably wasted atleast $1500 as a result of purges :( Then there was a long lull, only starting up again about 3 years ago. First purge about $400, but it wasn't a complete purge, and last year - after pushing myself a little too hard - maybe about $300 out of a $600 wardrobe, mostly the things I was getting fond of, but probably not half of the items. Since then I've deliberately over-shopped panties - I have over 60 pairs, and I've been thru "purge city" and just decided probably best not.

I actually threw out (not purged) some of the really girly stuff that was both a risk and just wasn't being worn, and started buying mundane-girly stuff last year, then buying less mundane, so that when I'm there in hose, bra, skirt and blouse and I'm feeling a little blah, I can curb the downer by dressing down to jeans or slacks and a comfy top. This has been my longest non-purge stretch ever, and I've been thru definite "purge time" experiences.

Christina Nicole
09-08-2006, 05:26 PM
I keep good records, so it's just a simple report to run for expenses until my last purge. Report total was $9,761.27, which sounds about right to me. The good part of having good records is that it was easy to document, with a reasonable depreciation allowance, the tax write-off when I donated that stuff. So the purge wasn't a total loss, but write-offs aren't what they use to be.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

susancheerleader
09-08-2006, 06:12 PM
I am only guessing, but I am going to guess AT LEAST $1500 dollars. (Probably more) Thats since May of 2005 until now.