PDA

View Full Version : I need advice/opinions about (high) Waist Cincher

Silkblouse
09-08-2006, 07:35 AM
G'Morning Sisters , .. .. so , I've been dieting and working out [sorta on both counts ,LOL!!] , my 5' 10" long=legged self now weighs 161 lbs. (YAY YAY ,well sorta yay]

... I can comfortably pull my waist in to around 32 inches (loveHandles/hip bone is about 35 ; bra band/rib cage about 36)

. . . anyone have advice , as to what size (or brand) waist cincher?

. .. I am SO looking forward to one of "our" nights at Triangles in Connecticut , just need to be comfortable ,... I don't want such discomfort , that I'll be the "ill at ease new girl"

Sky
09-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Don't - don't - don't buy it without trying it first.

Go to a corset shop which caters to cd's -there is one in Chicago for sure, I guess there must be one at least in each large city- and try two or three different sizes. Waist cinchers can reduce your size a lot, but 1) they shouldn't be worn without a full body suit on top, because really tight waist cinchers make your body look odd under your breasts (where they push your body in) and 2) how tight you can wear it is a very personal thing. I have tried going tighter than what the saleslady recommended, and it looked a bit odd at first, but then after a while your body adjusts, the cincher itself gives a little and things get better.

Did I mention don't buy it without trying it first?

Silkblouse
09-08-2006, 09:47 AM
.. .. thank you Sky . so I guess its time to find a place for a fitting

. . . any NYC metro area girls , steer me in the right direction [??]

Stephenie S
09-08-2006, 10:04 AM
Dear Silk,

That depends on what you want and what you mean by a "waist cincher". Are you looking for what a GG would wear on a night out? Or are you looking for a full blown corset? Waist cinchers will give you a little reduction but mostly just give you a slimming look. A real corset will take you further than you want to go. (as far as you want to go).

The advice above, ie: TRY IT ON, is esential. Well, maybe not if you order a custom corset. That will fit as it will be made to your measurments. But if you want an off the rack, ordinary waist cincher such as any GG might wear for a special evening out, TRY IT ON. I have bought something I thought was just what I wanted only to get home and find it was far too wimpy.

You might consider not bothering. You will be far, far more comfortable without one. Especially if you are thinking about a corset. Then again, some of us want that feeling. Sooo . . .

Lovies,
Stephenie

Sky
09-08-2006, 11:39 AM
.. .. thank you Sky . so I guess its time to find a place for a fitting

. . . any NYC metro area girls , steer me in the right direction [??]

I just found this on the Web. Seems to be a lingerie / clothing place dedicated to cd's. Contact info is:

Frishman’s
2150 White Plains Road
Bronx, NY 10462
1 (718) 892-6300
1 (800) 540-6066 toll-free
1 (718) 892-3107 fax
e-mail: info@frish.com

(I know advertising is not welcome on the forum, but I have no relation with these guys: just trying to answer silkblouse's question)

PaulaJeanette
09-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Silk,

Since we're about the same age, I can relate and sort of know exactly what may work for you. It's called a waist nipper and controls the problem area between your bra and panties. I've worn one for years.

While the advice given here by others to "try it on first" is right on target, sometimes that may not be possible due to personal circumstances...spouse, not being out, no specialty shops close-by, etc. That was my situation...I have several. :happy:

So, just to give you an idea on size and ease your anxiety, I wear a size large Flexee waist nipper. I weigh 175, 5'8" tall, and waist is 38. I believe waist size is the key so I suggest doing some homework and look up your waist size on various on-line fit/size tables. Good luck!

Hope this helps.

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette

Stephenie S
09-08-2006, 01:52 PM
Frishman's is a wonderful place.

They are not, as mentioned above, dedicated to Trans/CD, but are an old established lingerie store in business since before you mother was born.

They do have a section of the store set aside for CDers staffed with CD friendly and knowledgable SA. You couldn't ask for more. You know they aren't ripping you off because they deal with GGs primarily.

Visit their website. You will love it. Pictures of REAL CDers wearing their products. This place would be hard to beat if you live near NYC. I think that they are in the Bronx. Address and phone on the website. Good people.

Lovies,
Stephenie

Sky
09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Silk,

Since we're about the same age, I can relate and sort of know exactly what may work for you. It's called a waist nipper and controls the problem area between your bra and panties. I've worn one for years.

While the advice given here by others to "try it on first" is right on target, sometimes that may not be possible due to personal circumstances...spouse, not being out, no specialty shops close-by, etc. That was my situation...I have several. :happy:

So, just to give you an idea on size and ease your anxiety, I wear a size large Flexee waist nipper. I weigh 175, 5'8" tall, and waist is 38. I believe waist size is the key so I suggest doing some homework and look up your waist size on various on-line fit/size tables. Good luck!

Hope this helps.

Hugs,

PaulaJeanette

PaulaJeannette,

Please note we are not talking about the same thing. The Flexee "waist nipper" is, as promised in its name, a flexible, moderate tummy control device, mostly made of Lycra, that's why it comes in three generic sizes (S, M and L). The waist cincher I am talking about (and I think so is silkblouse) is a rather hard, constricting thing, barely flexible at all, which comes in numbered sizes and gives you much tighter control. Let me put it this way: a tight waist cincher can also be used as a bondage toy (although I only used them so I could wear much smaller clothes...):heehee:

As to what works best for her (or any other girl), it depends on her body, her tolerance and what she wants to accomplish, and that's why I think that everybody should try this stuff before buying it...