PDA

View Full Version : Book Recommendation

CaptLex
09-08-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm reading one of many books on the long list of books recommended to me. I don't usually have time to read more than an article or two a week, but I'm making time for this one 'cause it's very good.

It's called Becoming a Visible Man by Jamison Green, an FtM who is also an activist (including being past president of FTM International). It's a good read for trans and non-trans people. He tells his own fascinating story and goes into details and explanations about transitioning and what life is like for transpeople (MtFs as well as FtMs).

So if you're looking for a well-researched, well-written and enlightening book, I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

Kieron Andrew
09-08-2006, 01:57 PM
i know i keep going on and on about him and you must all be bored sick of hearing about him

but im about half way through Dhillon Khosla's 'Both Sides Now. one man's journey though womanhood' book it is an autobiography and he really mirrors in his early years how i felt growing up and still feel now, it really is an amazing book of an amazing journey by an amazing man, definitely a must have on the bookshelf of ANY FTM

Kate Simmons
09-11-2006, 07:50 AM
I would recommend it as well. Jamison used to write regular articles for the erstwhile publication of Renaissance, Transgender Comminity News. I used to read his articles with great interest. Very informative. Ericka Kay

Jordana
09-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Peggy J. Rudd's "Crossdressing with Dignity?"
Has anyone read this?
Can anyone suggest any more books to me....

CaptLex
09-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Peggy J. Rudd's "Crossdressing with Dignity?"
Has anyone read this?
Can anyone suggest any more books to me....
Hi, Jordana and welcome :wave2:

What kind of books are you looking for? Regarding crossdressing? Transsexuality? Male to Female? Female to Male? Something else?

Emily1
09-14-2006, 11:18 AM
The Royal Horticultural Societys " Encyclopedia of Gardening " is my all time favourite ..... or most anything by Philip K Dick .....
' Perfume " is another classic..... :hugs:

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Jamison rocks!

You guys might be interested in Norah Vincent's "Self-Made Man," which chronicles her posing as a man for 18 months. I've got a lengthy review (http://www.adahlshouse.com/2006/02/05/“self-made-man”/) on my blog. You might find it a bit of downer -- although personally I think it was a bit too much, too fast for Vincent to handle in part from the "extreme" situations she put herself into -- but it's definitely useful reading for transguys.

Robin Leigh
09-16-2006, 02:03 AM
"Transgender Warriors" (http://www.transgenderwarrior.org/writings/tgw/tgwhome.htm) by Leslie Feinberg is recommended reading for all TG people, IMHO.

Robin