PDA

View Full Version : Trans Exposure in the Media

Kimberley
09-08-2006, 01:36 PM
I am curious to know what other people's thoughts on this are.

Is the trans community actually getting more exposure these days than in the past. Of course the past has been largely negative and today appears to be more positive but are we really getting more exposure?

The other side of this is; Are we more sensitive to seeing that exposure?

:hugs:
Kimberley

Melanie R
09-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Dr. Phil (drphil.com) will be doing an upcoming show on transgender. The producers are seeking transgendered persons and their significant others who would be willing to come on the show. This also includes those who identify as crossdressers.

Hugs,

Melanie

KarenSusan
09-08-2006, 05:15 PM
I would like to see a sitcom about CD/TG on TV as "Will and Grace" was about Gays.

Byllie
09-08-2006, 05:46 PM
IMHO it's easier to get gays and lesbian characters in the media as straights can see them as different and therefore less threatening to their self images. On the other hand, consider heterosexual crossdressers. Straight folks could see them as like them, but just a little different, and therefore somewhat threatening. The reason for TG/CD growing in the media, I believe, is that the GL part of GBLT has opened the doors for the BT part.

satin-and-lace-for-m
09-08-2006, 08:32 PM
I would like to see a sitcom about CD/TG on TV as "Will and Grace" was about Gays.

Don't you remember Bossom Buddies in the 70's?

Tom Hanks and another actor are down on their luck looking for a place to live. They find a room but there a catch, it's in a women's "hotel."

So, to get the cheap room, they must crossdress to at all times while in the building.

Show ran for a couple of years. I really liked the dresses they wore!

Cheers,

Satin...