PDA

View Full Version : getting to live a dream

sophieuk
09-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Hi All, Some time ago here, i talked about doing a magic act ( yes, i am a magician) in a female role. Next year in feb, i am putting on a illusion show with every single penny going to the multiple sclerosis charity. In the show, there will be about ten different acts, all played by me. So, i had to do one in a female role. So, i came up with a russain girl magician called " kesenya". Best thing, its a dream of mine. I have brought a beautiful bridesmaid type dress, which, get this, my mum is even changing the size a bit to fit me. My GG mate emma is helping with how to move etc and i will have two female make up artists working on me. I can't wait. I will keep every one informed. The only people who get a penny and more from this show is the chairty. every body helping backstage, on stage etc are helping for free. Hey, if any one wants to help with the make up, it would be great as the two people i have are not 100% confermed.

love sophieuk?

Julie York
09-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Interesting project. (And I still haven't got that card trick off but I'm just lazy.:D )

Good luck.

Could you make use of the clothing to do a trick you wouldn't normally be able to do in male clothes. I mean...all that space under a brides maids dress....you could hide a tank under there?

Colleen
09-08-2006, 06:35 PM
My SO has MS and we do what we can.She is very understanding with me since I came out.She gets more houework done with me in heels .And also breakfast in bed too when Im dressed..But I also do it for her in drab too.Good luck in your show.

Pamela girl
09-08-2006, 08:39 PM
I have to admitt I dont know a lot about the technical side of the magic but could you possibly incorporate changing into a woman in the act? Like one trick that backfired now you have longer hair, another one backfire now you have breast? Comment about mabey I should stop the show now. Then by the time the show is over you are a full blown woman!
Or one of your assistance ( a sexy woman) and somehow you become her and she you? As I said I don't understand the technical side of it but i have seen tricks where you thought it would be the magician and it turns out to be an assistant then the magician pops up somewhere else why not have you pop up where you are supposed to dissapear from dressed like the assistant then har pop up dressed like you?

Stephanie Miller
09-08-2006, 11:00 PM
I give you great thumbs up for charity work. Sounds like it will be fun. My only thought is that you should do the female presto-chango as the LAST demo. That way you have a reason for staying dressed from the end of the act, all the way home! :D

Billijo49504
09-08-2006, 11:55 PM
Congrads, anytime you do something for charity, you are giving a lot back to the world. I've done clown things for charity and did a operation care rest stop also. So I know how hard it is to get help for FREE!! So good for you..BJ

eleyna
09-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Hi All, Some time ago here, i talked about doing a magic act ( yes, i am a magician) in a female role. Next year in feb, i am putting on a illusion show with every single penny going to the multiple sclerosis charity. In the show, there will be about ten different acts, all played by me. So, i had to do one in a female role. So, i came up with a russain girl magician called " kesenya". Best thing, its a dream of mine. I have brought a beautiful bridesmaid type dress, which, get this, my mum is even changing the size a bit to fit me. My GG mate emma is helping with how to move etc and i will have two female make up artists working on me. I can't wait. I will keep every one informed. The only people who get a penny and more from this show is the chairty. every body helping backstage, on stage etc are helping for free. Hey, if any one wants to help with the make up, it would be great as the two people i have are not 100% confermed.

love sophieuk?

*Grin* Share the love ... Maybe you could raise a little more charity by getting everyone dressed up. There might be a few stage hands who would secretly love you for it ;)

sophieuk
09-09-2006, 05:56 PM
This show i am doing has been about three years in planning. I put it on hold to help design and build some illusions and effects for a mates show which was on last feb. It sold out. My son, who is nine has done a few spots in the local theatre doing magic and during his spot, we make out the female assistant has run off and i dress up to help out. But, i don't go out to pass as a girl, which then the audience laugh at. I have been trying to come up with ways to do the girl act during the show.
Some one said about turning female during act etc which is a good idea, some thing i will think about. The whole thing about what i am doing this time, during the show is to make the audience think they will see loads of different acts, but find out at end that all were me. what i will do, when i get program photos done, is post them here. Also, if it is ok, i have set up a web site to help tell about show. There is nothing about cross dressing on it, which i will keep out, but tells alot about me, chester the rabbit and what will be in show. If its ok ( i understand if it has to be removed) is the link to my site www.atouchofmagicshow.piczo.com . I will be sorting out a rooms at a hotel so people can traviel down to see show and not have to rush back. If any one wants to see the show, let me know. Ticket prices?? not sorted till about oct time will be around £6. This way, any one can afford them.
I can't belive you have not been able to pull them tricks off yet juile. Keep at it. Nice to hear your still here/

love all

sophieuk X X

PS, please look at the site and go to the message board and leave a little note, PLLLLLLLLEEEAAAAAASSSSSSEEEEEee

sophieuk
09-09-2006, 05:59 PM
I have been working on a bit where all the male back stage crew do dress up. Will have to see if it will work. They will be well up for it im sure.
I just hope this show also helps to tell people about MS, multiple sclerosis , and how they can help out. there is no known cure for ms........YET !