PDA

View Full Version : Does any one dress just for fun any more

Tina Dixon
09-09-2006, 07:53 AM
Well do you? I mean it seems like for most any more it's life or death to dress, or I'm a woman in mans body, or I'm confused what to do?

I know these things I have thought about it my self a few times and these demons can take you down a hard road.

But what I would like to know is do you ever get dressed just for fun? You know have a good time at it and enjoy your self, hell even laugh at your self, I know I do.

So answer the simple yes and no poll and heck lets here your opinion.

~Tina~

stlmichelle
09-09-2006, 07:56 AM
Can't think of a time when dressing wouldn't be fun.

Sandygal
09-09-2006, 07:57 AM
As a matter of fact. I'm dressed for fun right now as I sat here to answer your post. Sandy

Samantha B L
09-09-2006, 08:04 AM
I guess there are different clinical reasons and factors involved. But the main purpose and really,98% of it all is to relax and have fun. Samantha

Wendy me
09-09-2006, 08:06 AM
oh Tina you silly silly silly girl you ......Does any one dress just for fun any more ??? girlfriend yes i dress for fun think about it .... the shopping finding that drop dead to die for item .... weather or not you were shopping for it or not .....the clothes ... the shoes.... a lot of have to be "him" every day as most have no choose .... but to take a step outside in the middle of what's real and what we only dream could be ... thats way cool and girlfriend cool is fun......

when being Wendy stops being fun then it's time to rethink this whole thingy....life's short have fun while you can ......

Stephenie S
09-09-2006, 08:08 AM
If this whole thing wasn't fun, I wouldn't dream of going through it all. I am having the time of my life.

Marla S
09-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Yes, depends on the meaning of fun though.
When I dress it always feels good. That's kind of fun on it's own.
Sometimes I like to over-style myself or to dress in a "stereotypical style" (vamp and the like) - occasionally I laugh about myself than. This is big fun, but nothing for every day. It's a bit like a child's fun custuming for Halloween.
And of course it is a lot of fun to get all this clothes and items. In particular when they just arrive and you are finally able to wear them.

Kate Simmons
09-09-2006, 08:10 AM
I don't dress for anything but fun, Tina. Ericka Kay

KarenSusan
09-09-2006, 08:17 AM
I can't think of an instance where dressing wouldn't be fun.

Wenda
09-09-2006, 08:21 AM
You bet. My gf and I also shop for fun. I bought 4 pairs of gorgeous little lace thongs last weekend on an outdoor clearance table for $.44 each. She asked why I bought 4 pairs, I said because they were 44 cents, it was fun. Meanwhile she bought 4 bras from the rack for $.99 each. Fun. The ones that don't fit her, I get. I am pretty sure none of them will fit her. More fun! She really likes shopping with me (I am en drab), because "all those other women think, oh isn't he nice, holding her bras for her while she shops, and they don't know they are for Wenda!"
I don't dress to pass, but seem to have passed a couple of times, but it is a pleasant distraction from more mundane things, like remodelling my hundred year old house with 80 year old wiring. I know what you mean though, some of the posts are laden with angst. Not mine. So far. :happy: :happy:

Joyce1702
09-09-2006, 08:27 AM
If it's not fun, what's the point? Several times I've had opportunities to dress but just didn't feel like it, so I didn't. And I don't dress just to sit around the house.

When I dress I get out and find something fun to do; picnic, shopping, movies, etc.

Joyce

Clare
09-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Looks like i'm the first to vote NO.

The reason? Dressing is not fun because its (almost) normal for me to dress in lingierie and androdgnous womens clothing these days.

Every morning I put on a pair of panties and hose without a second thought. Today (Sat) I wore a pair of my 'Seven7' jeans which are very girly in style and cut, but to me they were just a pair of jeans to wear for the day.

Sometimes i'm a little self concious as i'm not 'out' to family or friends as a crossdresser, but androdgnous femme clothing has become normal as opposed to a 'fun' thing.

Of course, I still enjoy the times when I go all out to transform myself into a girl for a day - its always special!

bobbijo
09-09-2006, 08:37 AM
If i wasn't dressing for fun anymore I guess I would just stop, but I've been doing this for 40+ years can't see myself stopping now.

Krystal Lee
09-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Yes oh yes oh yes!

Dressing is always fun even when it is androgenous and pressing the envelope in drab. Sometimes, I confess, I enjoy pushing the boundry in drab more than full dress up.

Fun has always been the first draw to dressing for me and is why I have progressed from just panties to everything I can now.

Fun? You bet and if it ever stops being fun then I would consider quitting.

Hugs Krystal.:2c:

Nikki Dee
09-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Hey. Tina...do you get the impression the answer is YES.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jodi Lynn
09-09-2006, 09:10 AM
while deep inside I feel the need to dress to express my true self. Dressing is allways FUN and I do every chance I get, even if in is just in unddies my boy things.

Tina Dixon
09-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Hey. Tina...do you get the impression the answer is YES.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's what I always thought but you get reading things here and you begin to wonder.

sky0629
09-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Sure i have fun dressing when i mismatch cloth, put lip stick on a little to full or really screw up makeup, i'm really good at that. dressing is a blast and it helps me forget that guy who spent a day in traffic and worked 10 hrs.
Sky

Billie1
09-09-2006, 09:24 AM
... and, it's having fun on many different 'levels'.
I enjoy the fun of looking nice, the time spent on hair, makeup, cute, sexy underthings, and all.
I enjoy the fun of going out, and seeing this beautiful world from my femme perspective ... (I always seem to have more fun in my femme persona)
I enjoy the fun of the freedom to express myself in whatever gender role happens to work at the time.
It's sort of what it's all about, isn't it?

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Dressing as a girl is much more fun than dressing as a boy. Boy clothes are boring. I hate them. Girl clothes offer such a great opportunity for variety and experimentation. I love being a girl.

Sasha Anne

Kenix
09-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Why do something that is not fun? :heehee:

Lindsay Marie
09-09-2006, 09:41 AM
I have the most fun dressing after a trip to the salon, everything is clean and fresh and feels so good. I'll be there later today.

Tina Dixon
09-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Looks like i'm the first to vote NO.

The reason? Dressing is not fun because its (almost) normal for me to dress in lingierie and androdgnous womens clothing these days.

Every morning I put on a pair of panties and hose without a second thought. Today (Sat) I wore a pair of my 'Seven7' jeans which are very girly in style and cut, but to me they were just a pair of jeans to wear for the day.

Sometimes i'm a little self concious as i'm not 'out' to family or friends as a crossdresser, but androdgnous femme clothing has become normal as opposed to a 'fun' thing.

Of course, I still enjoy the times when I go all out to transform myself into a girl for a day - its always special!

So your saying its not fun but when you transform into a girl it's allways special?

Ashley Helen
09-09-2006, 10:00 AM
I am closeted and have never been out dressed. On top of that my attempts at make-up are a joke. So, I have to admit it, yes, I dress for the fun of it.

Helen xx

dancer1
09-09-2006, 11:03 AM
11:45 on the cpu and answering this post, my wife is out and we have a party to go 110 miles away going west and a scout meeting for my son at 4 pm.
I have a charter meeting to go to at 630 pm would like to dress home and go but now that has changed i will have to get there at around 530 pm use the hotel room provided by the club, share it with 6 other girls trying to use the the bathroom mirra too.
No cat fighting allowed:heehee: :heehee: .
Fun Fun oh im sorry forgot need a hair cut too too much hai on this head bulges my wig LOL but i do love it so much .:love: Nadeen

Keely
09-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Fun is the name of the game :tongueout

Nina UK
09-09-2006, 11:13 AM
YES YES YES, lol i love dressing for fun,but it also turns me on as well

tekla west
09-09-2006, 11:15 AM
The day I do not enjoy it is the day I stop. Life is too short to do things that don't make you happy, or that are not fun.

Carol A
09-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Is dressing Fun?, but of course. I dress everyday because I want to and it is as common as putting on your pants. Who does not get excitied putting on a bra?, then your panties and stockings. Well of course a dress and makeup, silly person. :heehee:

Vieja
09-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Well do you? I mean it seems like for most any more it's life or death to dress, or I'm a woman in mans body, or I'm confused what to do?

I know these things I have thought about it my self a few times and these demons can take you down a hard road.

But what I would like to know is do you ever get dressed just for fun? You know have a good time at it and enjoy your self, hell even laugh at your self, I know I do.

~Tina~
Fun? I guess I never really thought about it that way, but yes I guess for me it is all about fun. My opportunities are few these days other than for wearing those items i can get away with under my male attire so when I do get the chance I am almost giddy with anticipation. Yes I guess it really is fun.:love:

Toyah
09-09-2006, 01:16 PM

~Tina~

Yay at last someone who is standing up for fun dressing, way to go Tina,I thought fun was becoming a lost cause

julie w
09-09-2006, 01:48 PM
if you are not having fun with your crossdressing seek help ,

Tina Dixon
09-09-2006, 02:02 PM
Yay at last someone who is standing up for fun dressing, way to go Tina,I thought fun was becoming a lost cause
Well it was starting to feel like that, hell I get a kick out of it evey time I put my wig on.

Barb Valentine
09-09-2006, 02:39 PM
I don't dress for fun
I dress because I enjoy getting dress
Just the way the clothes feel against my skin

Toyah
09-09-2006, 02:40 PM
I find our group on Yahoo more fun now I am sorry to say. Things here have become way too serious whenever someone has some fun they get stamped on by the mods dont they Ashley:Angry3: :hugs:

sparks
09-09-2006, 02:48 PM
T I voted no because even though dressing is exhilerating and fun. Right now I'm simply not dressing. Many reasons are for the not dressing. But I long for the fun of fighting with make-up, garters and hose. fighting the zipper on the dress and of course home movies even though I lack a garage door.

Tina Dixon
09-09-2006, 02:58 PM
T I voted no because even though dressing is exhilerating and fun. Right now I'm simply not dressing. Many reasons are for the not dressing. But I long for the fun of fighting with make-up, garters and hose. fighting the zipper on the dress and of course home movies even though I lack a garage door.
LOL, you have fun when you dress right? So your answer should be yes:slap: And not every one can be the idol of millions:heehee: and why be in the closet when you can go out in the garage:D

Siobhan Marie
09-09-2006, 03:00 PM
I enjoy my dressing and dress when I can.

:hugs: Anna x

eleyna
09-09-2006, 03:51 PM
it seems like for most

If there were only 10 of us, that might be true. Don't mistake active discussion for sole perspective.

That said, some of my dressing is "methodical", some of my clothing choices and dressing intended simply to help me further distance myself from my fears and doubts and make some elements of dressing just feel more natural to myself.

Today has been training so far, I'm just checking the forums before going spending a half hour or so trying out outfits :)

Raychel
09-09-2006, 04:10 PM
If it wasn't fun I don't think that i would do it anywhere near as often. :heehee:

Tina Dixon
09-09-2006, 04:14 PM
If there were only 10 of us, that might be true. Don't mistake active discussion for sole perspective.

That said, some of my dressing is "methodical", some of my clothing choices and dressing intended simply to help me further distance myself from my fears and doubts and make some elements of dressing just feel more natural to myself.

Today has been training so far, I'm just checking the forums before going spending a half hour or so trying out outfits :)
Its my point of view only that I posted and looking at your reply are you happy dressing up?

Jodi
09-09-2006, 05:57 PM
Fun? yes. I have been doing it forever. I gave up a lot several years ago with the divorce. If dressing is not fun now, why do it?

The fun for me is the shopping, planning an outfit, putting it together, and then wearing it in the right venue. Part of the fun for me is getting compliments from gg's when I am out.

Jodi

Julogden
09-09-2006, 06:09 PM

~Tina~
Hi Tina,

There are certainly fun aspects for me (experimenting with makeup for instance), but I don't dress just for the fun of it. Dressing for me has always been a reflection of who I am on the inside, not a hobby.

It certainly makes me happy, but that's not neccessarily the same thing as dressing for fun.

But, does it really matter why any of us dresses? As long as we all support each other and respect that we're a varied bunch, who cares why we dress?:2c:

Carol:hugs:

Tina Dixon
09-10-2006, 08:15 AM
There are certainly fun aspects for me (experimenting with makeup for instance), Bottom line here I would say it's fun! Right? You can say it:thumbsup:

RikkiOfLA
09-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Dressing is still fun for me, even after being 24/7 for eight years. I love it more than ever!

Rikki

ps. In case anyone is wondering what kind of fun, let's just say all kinds, from the satisfaction of putting together a classy outfit for a special meeting at work, all the way to an intimate afternoon with my wife while we're wearing matching lingerie. Love it all!

ranma 1/2
09-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Im reading posts in my nightgown. I consider that fun :happy:

Joy Carter
09-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Dressing equils fun on my math page. :D

rickie121x
09-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Fun is the name of the game :tongueout That is what I would like to believe. That fun is the name of the game. And now that I have been set to think about the notion - many times I dress when it is not fun... To go to parties where they have never before seen me "en drab", times when I am just sexually charged and "need" the release of my role change..., when I have a date or a guest that wants to go out with me in "en femme" - and worse, when there is nothing else to do, and it just seems like the best of a group of dumb choices.

Yeah, I do dress when fun is not the goal - and sometimes on one of the above occasions when I am two hours into my makeup process, and the Las Vegas heat is making it more difficult - I doesn't seem like fun. It seems like work!, unpleasant work... and I do it anyway. ( I understand that there is a heavy load of subconscious notions that are being satisfied, but on the surface at those times - it ain't fun.

The lipstick is too soft, the pencil tips break and the sharpener just tears off more pieces, I slip with the eyeliner and make a smudge, the rouge just looks like crap(!), and can't do anything right with my hair or with a wig.... :mad:

Yes "fun" may be the name of the game, but this entrant does not "always" find it.

Rickie

Audrey34
09-10-2006, 11:47 AM
When I'm in the mood to dress, I do it and it's lots of fun. If I'm doing my bills or working on the computer I put on a business suit and heels. If it's a Saturday nite and I'm going to watch videos, I'll pretend I'm going out to the movies and put on a nice dress. When I feel dressing up is not fun, then I just don't dress up.
-Audrey

Karren H
09-10-2006, 11:53 AM
If it wasn't fun...I wouldn't be doing this!!! :):):)

Love Karren

Kristen Kelly
09-10-2006, 11:56 AM
With all the trouble I go through to look great it better be fun.

Ally K
09-10-2006, 12:30 PM
I do it for fun! I have a great life as a guy, but dressing up breaks the monotony. It freshens things up, and lets face it.. dressing up just feels good! The clothes, the makeup, the shoes (especially the shoes! heh, I suppose I have a bit of a shoe fetish).. I can't get enough. Why should it ever not be fun, right?

Just my :2c:

Ally

swiss_susan
09-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Hell if it was not funI wouldn't do it.

Susan

Melissa A.
09-10-2006, 03:02 PM
No. I dress in order to make myself totallly and completely miserable.

:tongueout

+? +? +? +?

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:

suzi_cd
09-10-2006, 03:51 PM
I dress for fun... I just enjoy looking like the sort of girl my parents warned me about ;)

Tina Dixon
09-10-2006, 06:53 PM
No. I dress in order to make myself totallly and completely miserable.

:tongueout

+? +? +? +?

Hugs,

Melissa:happy:
:heehee: I don't believe you:heehee:

Lanore
09-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Dressed for fun? I'm female, living in a male body, which looks a little like a female body. Dressing for fun is dressing like a male. I hope that makes scense.

Lanore

ashlee chiffon
09-10-2006, 07:39 PM
dressed that way right now....Sunday and i'm cleaning house...dressed in brown/blonde wig, full makeup, full dangly earrings, black cami with flippy short skirt, painted pink toenails, and shiney clear coat manicured *last week at a salon* set of nails...enjoying the glossy coat of lipstick as i sip wine, monitor the forum, clean house, watch High Def tv, talk on the phone,send emails, listen to some tunes..
just a gurrrlie work/play day..
before returning to the real work world tomorrow...
a fun day dressing!
Way Fun!

Bernice
09-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Amazingly, I dress because I can (if everything falls into place, which hasn't happened much lately). Friends coming over unexpected add to the terror. Some are "slow learners". Fun?

Maybe if I could dress all the time, I woudn't. Then, when I want to, it might be more fun than just dressing when I can - becuase I can. I dress because it feels right, because it feels better, because I want to, because I should be allowed to. Rarely anymore do I go to the trouble of makeup and self portraits. That used to be fun. Now it seems like too much work.

Maybe I'm depressed. Maybe I should get dressed. Even I don't understand me.

Glenda58
09-10-2006, 10:22 PM
Fun dressing fun putting on makeup fun putting on my wig fun in heels that click when I walk. It has been fun for 53 years. The only way it could be more fun is going out with friends dress to the nines.
Glenda

VtVicky
09-10-2006, 11:17 PM
I understood Tina's question a little differently than some of you. I read "fun" to mean more of a whimsical sort of thing. Not so much driven by a need to relax or express some inner feelings.

A good massage makes me feel good, and helps me relax, but I never considered a massage "fun".

For me crossdressing is all about the fun. I'm not expressing any inner femininty or disgust for maleness. I don't NEED to dress. I just LIKE to dress. I like the feel and I like the look. And, I do like the shopping/treasure hunting. And there is a certain fun kick wearing lingerie under male clothes doing my regular daily activities.

But, if I have to get serious in some aspect of life, I am more likely to stay straight drab. I like the distraction of lingerie sliding against my body under my drab clothes, but not if that distraction takes away from the focus necessary to get the job done. Crossdressing for me is strictly fun. And like anything else recreational in my life, it needs to fit in to the overall scheme of things, not dominate it.

One of the best parts of this forum is the diversity of personalities. But sometimes, as others have mentioned, it gets a bit heavy. Thanks, Tina, for reminding us that "fun" is still an acceptable reason for membership in this fraternity.

Deanna2
09-11-2006, 12:57 AM
However you define 'fun', it is the reason that I wear femme gear.

~Dee~
09-11-2006, 01:46 AM
id have to vote No.

it took me a while to figure on ... and i didnt want to over think it or anything .. but the way i see it, if i was sitting around on a sunday morning and i thought about doing something fun....... i wouldnt think 'ill get all dressed up.. that will be great!'

i get to be me .. it might be wonderful to not have to hide .. it might be spiffy to be able to express myself .. but i dont think it comes into the fun catagory... id rather go play games with Kitty ... mind you .. id still be 'dressed' while doing that .. so maybe i should be disqualified for that.
:D

immike
09-11-2006, 02:24 AM
... and, it's having fun on many different 'levels'.
I enjoy the fun of looking nice, the time spent on hair, makeup, cute, sexy underthings, and all.
I enjoy the fun of going out, and seeing this beautiful world from my femme perspective ... (I always seem to have more fun in my femme persona)
I enjoy the fun of the freedom to express myself in whatever gender role happens to work at the time.
It's sort of what it's all about, isn't it?
I love to dress in my mothers clothes,she's got a great wardrobe&we are
about the same size.
A TG Guy

Tina Dixon
09-11-2006, 05:00 AM
My campaign to bring fun to crossdressing seems to be working now we need to work on the five that aren't having fun, but it spreading people:D

oztallulah
09-11-2006, 05:18 AM
Tina, Good question that you have brought into being. Yes, I do have fun when I am dressed up, and yes, I do laugh at myself. (far too much actually). It is more fun than serious anyway.

Denee
09-11-2006, 09:15 AM
Of course it's fun. To me it's one of life's great pleasures. If it stops being fun then maybe you should take a break for a while, until it becomes fun again.
:love: Denee

Billie Jean
09-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Every time I wear feme clothing. If it weren't fun then why would I do it? Billie Jean

Lisa Golightly
09-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Whenever I'm tidying my wardrobes I seem to end up trying half of it on... Trouble is after a couple of hours the room looks worse than before I started tidying :)

jenny53
09-11-2006, 11:55 AM
i dress for fun only. have not got the time or place to dress to be unhappy.

Tina Dixon
09-11-2006, 05:09 PM
More people that are having fun, way to go, but where up to 6 that are not having fun, oh my what should we do?

lexygirl
09-12-2006, 07:39 AM
I enjoy it evey chance I get!!!!!:D

Kimberly
09-12-2006, 02:04 PM
lawl

97.03% agree with you... it's still fun! :)

Charleen
09-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Dressed for fun? I'm female, living in a male body, which looks a little like a female body. Dressing for fun is dressing like a male. I hope that makes scense.

Lanore

That's the way I feel. I voted yes. BUT! As I am enfemme 90% of the time , when I dress in drab, it's fun time as at work, I give ghost tours, and portray a hanged convict at other times and doing those things are a blast! For me wearing femme is natural. Love and xxxx, Lily

Monica Elena
09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Dressing was, is and will always be fun for me.

My answer to the poll: Yes

Snookums
09-13-2006, 01:13 AM
I dress in womens clothes because it's normal for me,it is fun,in fact it's extremely enjoyable,and no I wouldn't want to dress any other way.
So many stilettos,so little time.

joanboy
09-16-2006, 09:43 AM
a nice hot bath then dress in my best frock is the greatest fun i can think of.