PDA

View Full Version : The Perfect Moment of Femininity

Holly O'Niell
09-09-2006, 09:30 AM
Can anyone recall the moment when they have been going about their normal business out and about, then suddenly turned to see the perfect vision of femininity.
I must say first and formost that I am always slightly stunned when I see my wife at her best. Her ability to transform herself from her 'day to day' look to a vision of beauty amazes me. (Is that okay sweetheart)?
Now, back to the thread topic, I remember a few years ago, I was standing at a hotel bar enjoying my usual drink with a few friends, then suddenly, a young lady (maybe about 22 years old) walked into the bar. There was a wedding taking place in the adjoining lounge and she had popped through for some reason. This lady was a bridesmaid at this wedding and was wearing the most gorgeous emerald green silk dress, her hair was long and flowing with a few flowers in to enhance it, make-up was perfect. As she glided in, she held her dress and petticoat up a little which revealed a matching pair of shoes.
I just could not take my eyes off her as she walked towards and passed me till I realised I was completely stunned by her femininity.
Then, I realised something. Every man in that bar (about 15 guys) were doing the exact same as me, their eyes were glued to this young lady.
What, if anything, did this tell me? Other attractive girls in short skirts, dresess etc. had walked in and out of the bar all evening, None of them had caused the reaction this girl had. It was simply what she was wearing that caused the reaction. I am not saying that all, or any of, the other guys had the same thoughts as me as she walked through, but what was definate was the fact that all these guys were stunned by what she was wearing.
Am I wrong to have sinister thoughts about this? Replies please?

Just to put an end of story to this situation, this young lady completely squashed the beautiful vision she was portraying as she reached the other end of the bar.
She stopped, turned and said in a very loud voice -" This dress, I hate this f***ing dress". Dare I say - femininity is wasted on some females.
Holly.

KarenSusan
09-09-2006, 09:38 AM
She stopped, turned and said in a very loud voice -" This dress, I hate this f***ing dress". Dare I say - femininity is wasted on some females.
Holly.

Oh bummer. What a way to break the illusion.:sad:

Jenny Beth
09-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Similar story. A year or so ago my wife altered a bridesmaids dress for our nice. It was a gorgeous lavender gown with a sweetheart neckline and she looked awesome in it. She hated "the damn thing" as she put it. It's not that she's not feminine but rather the dress was chosen for her and not something she would have picked. But the shoe is on the other foot now as she is planning her own wedding and has the chore deciding what her bridesmaids will wear. Pity I won't be one of them....:(

Calliope
09-09-2006, 10:01 AM
This lady was a bridesmaid at this wedding and was wearing the most gorgeous emerald green silk dress, her hair was long and flowing with a few flowers in to enhance it, make-up was perfect. [...] She stopped, turned and said in a very loud voice -" This dress, I hate this f***ing dress". Dare I say - femininity is wasted on some females.

I disagree. If femininity is the quintessential female experience, then the whole dialectical 'portrait of a lady' adds up to fem+.

And kinda punk, too - which is cool.

tekla west
09-09-2006, 10:32 AM
Few women like their bridesmaid dresses, expensive and iccky.

Calliope
09-09-2006, 11:35 AM
And I might add: probably the reason all the guys were checking her out owed to the dress being too tight - not only uncomfortable but inadvertently upstaging the bride is a definite no-no.

I remember once hearing my step-mother say 'One unbuttoned button too many on a blouse and it's kiss your friends goodbye.' So what grooves a guy isn't especially what grooves a gal.

Rachel Morley
09-09-2006, 02:52 PM
Ah yes....beautiful bride's and bridesmaid's dresses. :happy: In a past life I used to work part time for an entertainemnts company at the weekends. We used to to attend lots of weddings in posh hotels. I used to love it because I always saw so many wonderful feminine dresses. I always took a lot of interest in the bride's and bridesmaid's dresses. I'd often say to the bride how much I loved the lace on her dress or the style of her bodice etc.

Monica Elena
09-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Dare I say - femininity is wasted on some females.
Holly.

That's right Holly and I don't know why...or maybe they don't need to express femininity like us.