PDA

View Full Version : I felt like the woman I should have been.

Georgina
09-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Lots of posts on this forum include lines such as "I felt like a girl; I felt like the woman I should have been; I felt feminine" etc. Can anyone tell me what's the big attraction with being a woman if you're not a GG. Georgina.

Deborah
09-09-2006, 04:37 PM
I can't honestly say there is any big attraction. It's all inner feelings, attitude and style mostly.
Being male to me is all an act. I have to do and say things that i don't agree with or want to do to portray the image. Deep down i know it's not me.
If i could give up being male to become a women i mostly definantly would.

....and no it's not just the clothes.

Lady Katherine
09-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Georgina ... I think the attraction differs for each of us. In my case, I have always felt inadequate as a male, having a body that has more girlish dimensions. I feel I look better as a female than as a male. So, in my case, it may be a bit of self esteem.

Nonetheless, there is a real personal feeling of femininity; I actually feel so often that I AM a woman.

Like many others here, I have tried often to purge myself of this feeling, but it keeps returning. Now, at age 77, I feel so comfortable as a female ... and feel so much younger as a woman.

But, alas, there are no easy answers. Katherine

jennig
09-09-2006, 04:42 PM
HI the answer goes down to our soal being fem for most of us is like the puzzel finialy fits the peice that makes us a whole person is thear. as we look at our selfs we see the person that deep in our minds should have been their.
not only that the hair and makup are so nice did i mention the smmoth legs and lets not forget the skirts but deep down we love being different not in a bad way but the total change that comes over ourself when we dress.
love jennig

Marla S
09-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Good questions !

"Feeling like a woman or girl" is nonsense IMO, if it is meant that one would feels the same way a GG does (Where should we know it from ? And it is impossible in principle for a non-GG to feel this way)

"Feeling like a woman or a girl" meaning I had the "vision of being a woman" is a pure individual experience formed into common words IMO. (Hence for others a non judgable attraction)

Feeling feminine is a bit different, because feminine applies to a qualitiy of traits and is not personalized like "woman" is.

Attraction in feeling feminine is to feel feminine. Meaning to be able to express traits (not necessarily with clothes), act accordingly and get a feedback related to this traits.

Which traits are usually assigned feminine is an agreement of the society.

ArleneRaquel
09-09-2006, 05:01 PM
When I am enfemme the electricity is phenomenal ! I have so much vim and vigor. Even doing house cleaning is so much more enjoyable when I do it wearing only my bra and panties. (Wig and lipstick too) The only trouble is finding an outlet for this invigorating enegry. :love: From the Woman Katrina

Sasha Anne Meadows
09-09-2006, 05:34 PM
You girls really have got it right. I feel all of those emotions every day. I am so happy being a t girl that I can't find the words to express it (though I was a profssinal "wordsmith" for many year). From the moment I wake us to to the time I go to bed I just love who I have become. I wake up thinking what outfut I am going to wear. Maybe a frumpy sun dress or a sexy jean skirt. Whatever it is it makes me happy. Enjoy your femininity.

Sasha Anne

NighttimeGirl
09-09-2006, 05:51 PM
I can't honestly say there is any big attraction. It's all inner feelings, attitude and style mostly.
Being male to me is all an act. I have to do and say things that i don't agree with or want to do to portray the image. Deep down i know it's not me.
If i could give up being male to become a women i mostly definantly would.

....and no it's not just the clothes.

:yt:

its not about clothes and the attraction, it is exactly how you put it the inner self, the thought process, I think feminine I feel feminine, I like all the things girlie in the world, and I dont know how far this is going but everyday this gets stronger and stronger, if it was just about clothes then that would be easier to explain, if it was about the attraction that too would be easy to explain, there are hundrreds of pluses to being a woman but there are to being a man too, it is more than that, but it is neither of them two things. it is more, and what drives me is my heart and the way I have always been. it feels right to release the side of me that has been oppressed!! "the real me". who's to say that you cant feel like a girl or a guy, what about the evidence of the brain being feminine and masculin, and the issues of hormones, there is a very fine line between estrogen and testosterone and we have each and some have more than others, if you had more estrogen than test or vice versa what would stop you feeling like the opposite sex, I mean we can be guilty of judging on looks just as society when we say you cant feel like that because you are a guy or a girl, no one knows these things only the individual.
Im sure most other MtF and FtM feel this too. I will stop my rant now sorry all :rolleyes:

:hugs:

:love:

Julogden
09-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Good questions !

"Feeling like a woman or girl" is nonsense IMO, if it is meant that one would feels the same way a GG does (Where should we know it from ? And it is impossible in principle for a non-GG to feel this way)

Hi Marla,

I would like to respectfully suggest a different term be used there. The terms "woman" and "girl" refer more to genderal/societal roles, and in my opinion, it's quite possible for a male to fulfill those roles, just as it's possible for a female to be a boy or a man.

The mistake that the non-TG folks make is to assume that male=man and female=woman, but it's just not true in everyone, there's plenty of proof of that here on this forum. We, of all people, should know better than that.

Now if you had replaced those terms with the word female, then I'd agree entirely.

The following is my :2c: and is in no way intended to be a put-down of anyone.

All of that said, no matter how much surgery a MTF TG woman undergoes, no matter her hormonal balance, she is still a male at the genetic level and can never be female in the same sense that a genetic female is, which is probably going to get me yelled at by TS's here, but I assure you, I do not intend to imply that a TS female is any less of a woman in any way, but she is a "constructed" female rather than a native one, so to speak. Not inferior to genetic females, rather a different variety of female. The same would apply to FTM TS's too, of course. They're men, but still female at the genetic level. :love:

Carol:hugs:

Calliope
09-09-2006, 06:18 PM
"Feeling like a woman or a girl" meaning I had the "vision of being a woman" is a pure individual experience formed into common words IMO.

Wittgenstein couldn't have said it better. Right on (again), Marla.

Add: Taking the expression literally, 'feeling' like a woman might include:

I'm exhausted from running with the kids all day and you expect me to get dolled up for the sake of your orgasm? Get real!!!

Yael
09-09-2006, 06:45 PM
Sign my name to NightimeGirl's post.
Yael

great gg
09-09-2006, 07:17 PM
When I am enfemme the electricity is phenomenal ! I have so much vim and vigor. Even doing house cleaning is so much more enjoyable when I do it wearing only my bra and panties. (Wig and lipstick too) The only trouble is finding an outlet for this invigorating enegry. :love: From the Woman Katrina

I would love to have you come to my house and allow you the pleasure of cleaning it wearing whatever you want to!:D

ArleneRaquel
09-09-2006, 07:34 PM
I would love to have you come to my house and allow you the pleasure of cleaning it wearing whatever you want to!:D
Thank You :
I would love to clean your home, but only if I can be dressed in my usual outfit. :love: From Katrina

Kate Simmons
09-10-2006, 05:38 AM
Beats me Georgina, I'm just happy being myself (selves--whatever!!). The comfort level makes all the difference. :happy: Eric(ka)

Marla S
09-10-2006, 06:01 AM
Hi Marla,

I would like to respectfully suggest a different term be used there. The terms "woman" and "girl" refer more to genderal/societal roles, and in my opinion, it's quite possible for a male to fulfill those roles, just as it's possible for a female to be a boy or a man.

The mistake that the non-TG folks make is to assume that male=man and female=woman, but it's just not true in everyone, there's plenty of proof of that here on this forum. We, of all people, should know better than that.

Now if you had replaced those terms with the word female, then I'd agree entirely.

Hi Carol,

I am ok with replacing woman with female, though not entirely. Being a male or a female includes having unique experiences that can't be created otherwise (excluded for TG folks) and effect the feeling of being a man or a woman. (Even GGs/GMs sometimes say: I don't feel like a real woman/man anymore. Take a guess what happened to them.)
Nevertheless, here again my loose usage of this words is partly due to being German. We have only one word for both, if referred to humans: Frau. For animals there are the words Maennchen and Weibchen, which somewhat equals male/female as they relate more to the sex.
This is interesting in itself, 'cause we had even to import the word gender (which indeed would have to be translated as Geschlecht = sex, crotch. Confusing, isn't it :D ) to discuss TG issues. On a theoretical, analytical level one probably has to use all this different terms (Ivory tower), and maybe the average American can get all this meanings. I really doubt though the average (non-TG educated) German would do. (Another clash of cultures due to my crosstongueing :D )
Certainly, this is partly the reason why I like to discuss CDing issues rather in terms of feminine and masculine, knowing that this excludes the "gender-role" part a bit (not necessarily a drawback IMO).

fiona_libby
09-10-2006, 06:09 AM
Georgina
To me it is all about having thoughts and feelings that seem to more on the feminine end of the spectrum ( rather than the male end , as I have many examples of GM's in my life and I do not feel that I am one of them)and that leads to the need to behave in a feminine manner in all ways
lots of love
Fiona