PDA

View Full Version : I got called "ma'am" today at work...

Yes I am
09-09-2006, 08:54 PM
I work in a cleaners, and while it wasn't busy I sat to do some schoolwork. One of the customers from the laudramat side of the store came over to ask a question about something and could only see my hair which is rather long and naturally curly. She called me "ma'am," and after I answered her question she apologized about it, though I told her it was quite alright and not to worry about it. However it did cause me to feel good about my coiffure.

DAVIDA
09-09-2006, 09:34 PM
That sounds lovely. Unfortunately, in my jourey through life, my hair has not only turned color, it has turned loose.:mad:

ArleneRaquel
09-09-2006, 10:10 PM
On last Thursday, very late night, I had a Fried Chicken Dinner Delivered to my home. I answered the door enfemme, I had the front drapes open so I could see what was going on in front of my home, the female delivery person called me " miss", I was thrilled. :love: From the very hungary Katrina

Calliope
09-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Hey, remember the Sixties?: 'Are you a boy or a girl?'

'You mean I have a choice?'

Cool!

AmberTG
09-10-2006, 12:30 AM
"You got your mother in a whirl
she's not sure if you're a boy or a girl"
" Rebel, Rebel "

Robin Leigh
09-10-2006, 08:06 AM
About a month ago at work I answered my boss's phone while she was out of the room, and the person on the other end thought I was her for a few moments. True, I hadn't said much, and my boss is an older lady with a husky voice, but it was still a thrill. :happy:

Robin

"You got your mother in a whirl
she's not sure if you're a boy or a girl"
" Rebel, Rebel "

David Bowie had a big influence on my teen years. A few years ago, I got into an argument about this song with a good GG friend who knew about Robin, and was fairly supportive, helping me get some femme clothes, etc.

"Rebel, Rebel" came on the radio one day and I made a comment to her that the song could be interpreted either way: the rebel in the song could be a boy in a dress, or the song could be about a tomboyish girl who's torn her dress. She thought I was projecting my TG fantasies onto the song, and that it was clearly about a tomboy. I was flabbergasted!

I suspect that the song was originally about a MTF character, but Bowie intentionally made it as ambiguous as possible. Don't forget he was attracted to androgynous girls as well as experimenting with his own gender presentation & sexuality.

Robin

Serena
09-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Heh, I don't know how many times that's happened to me based off hair. When I was younger, teenage years in high school, I kept my hair a little shorter than it's current length, but I wanted it longer. Anyway, I was walking with my sister outside, and we sat down at a bench, and my friend Mindi was sitting across the other one, and one of the staff members, who was getting to his age, and retired the next year, but they were talking, and he said, "I'll turn you into a girl scout, and I'll turn those two girls over there into girl scouts too". We all started laughing because it was so funny, then my friend's like, "That's a boy", so he says, "Then I'll turn him into a boyscout". Keep in mind his vision was probably a little blured, but my hair is more feminine then most guy's long hair, and I think my glasses add a little more feminitity to my face. I'm not sure how, but I've worn them when putting my hair up, and I just feel like I would pass better with them on then off. It boosts my confidence, because if I can fool some people based off my head in guy's clothes, I'm sure not to ever get caught in women's clothes

Jodi Lynn
09-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Many times when I answer the phone I am mistaken as my wife, even by of freinds, and at other times when a telamarketers has call they have asked if I am the lady of the house. Never really though I had that fem of a voice myself.