PDA

View Full Version : And now for something completely different

krisybryant
09-09-2006, 11:03 PM
Other than your typical fluffy 'what do you think' poll on here I have a real concern.

My roommate (a GG) yesterday opened her mouth and spilled several 'ideas' to her two boys. We were in the car on the drive back to our house. She said things like "[krisy] was wearing my clothes when we took pictures last weekend", and "you never know, you might like wearing bras when you are older." They are 10 and 18. She was directing the last comment to the 10 year old who is lately getting curious about sexuality (aka speech includes 'boobs', 'tits', '****', 'balls', etc. then of course he laughs). The retorts from them were "that's gross" and "there are men out there that do dress as women."

I was mortified and defenceless. I couldn't do anything but take it.

Later (this morning) I confronted her and said that it is my choice to tell them not hers.

I understand her wanting to test their bounds to see if they are curious, but at whos expense. I told her if they get curious they'll come to you, and then you can talk to them about it. And, that she knows about as much as they do right now about what a man feels when he wears a bra and panties.

My concern is this: if you come out to our wife/SO you should realize they are their own person. They are not you. They may reveal things you are terrified to reveal with little or no thought about it even if you expressly tell them otherwise. For that reason it is very important that you can trust those you come out to. I thought I did. I came out with little hesitation because she gave me every assurance that I was safe.

I had to vent this. The female inside has a need to vent sometimes. I'm affraid if didn't I would not get vendication. I know it is of little consequence if you vendicate it now as the situation has passed, but I feel better for saying it.

GG Vanya
09-09-2006, 11:23 PM
I've said it before, but I'll repeat myself:

NO ONE other than the crossdresser himself has the right to tell others.

I've been married to Trudi for seven years (come Monday) and I have *never* told anyone without her express permission long before hand. And that was only one GG friend to both of us, who we knew would be totally accepting.

Discussing that with a 10 year old is reckless, to say the least.

Sharing your secret is the ultimate in trust with a CD. Once that trust is abused, I'd imagine it's damn hard to rebuild it.

Calliope
09-09-2006, 11:30 PM
Another fine example that secrets suck - and that coming out is best achieved when one is ready to come all the way out.

(Yeh, I know, easily said.)

All you can do now, Krisy, in my opinion, is hold your head high.

Your friend has done you a disservice - live and learn - but her behavior is really questionable in respect to her youngest son.

JenniferMint
09-10-2006, 12:29 AM
her behavior is really questionable in respect to her youngest son.

What's wrong with telling a 10-year-old about crossdressing? There's nothing wrong with crossdressing!

AmberTG
09-10-2006, 12:41 AM
Tell the rest of the world that, would you please Jennifer. Many people don't want their secret told because of the reaction from people who don't understand, which includes most people. I'm not venting at you but I think people have a right to control any information about themselves. When a 10 year old hears it he or she spreads it all over school, it's fun to gossip, especially for kids.
My x wife told my mother about me as a way of saying "your son's not as great as you think he is" My mother never asked me about it, but my x had no right to do that, it was just meanness on her part.

GG Vanya
09-10-2006, 12:50 AM
What's wrong with telling a 10-year-old about crossdressing? There's nothing wrong with crossdressing!

I think a 10 year old is too young to have such things talked about. Besides, from what I gleaned from Krisy, it seems the room mate was making the remarks in a derisive manner instead of a supportive dialogue.

Krisy, was your room mate inebriated? If so, I could better understand her blabbing your secrets like that. Understand, but not excuse.

krisybryant
09-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Not drunk, that's just the way she is, but I suspect a lot of people we tell are like that. It just slips out.

Today in WalMart, buying makeup, I had to remind her 3 or 4 times, (this item) would look good on 'us' or 'Krisy' or 'we' might like that instead of her saying 'you' would look good in this.

We share a lot of femme things. Maybe that's the problem - mixed message, mixed pronouns. But I need a woman's help picking out women's things so I try to gently correct her pronouns and keep going.

It's just frustrating. Trying to train a newly informed SO on the use of non-embarassing language.

Calliope
09-10-2006, 11:15 AM

Speaking as someone who has discussed crossdressing with a seven-year-old (my daughter), I will insist the task requires profound sensitivity - and I do not believe, in the context of this post's example, there was any of that.

Did I suggest there was something 'wrong' with crossdressing? Heavens!

There's nothing 'wrong' with a whole spectrum of sexual activity. But I'd be careful talking about these acts with a child.

I'm speaking as a parent here.