PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to the fine Art of Crossdressing and Enjoying It ??

Marlene4a
12-21-2004, 10:40 PM
OK.........waiting for the "flames""!!:D

Marlene4a
12-21-2004, 11:18 PM
That is what I thought

Marlene4a
12-21-2004, 11:41 PM
Hi Erica:

It seems lately that we are posting threads about every subject other than crossdressing, i.e., the clothes we prefer, no full pictures of ourselves with various outfits, etc.

Seems more like mental and lifestyle threads and posts, or someone is purgeing or decides to not crossdress anymore.

I think, those type of threads regarding other matters besides "wanting to look good dressed as females" belong somewhere else.

Very few threads I read, purport to how someone enjoys or finds peace or a tranquil time, in "dressing" if you will, and the fact that looking in the mirror is enjoyable.

Tell me if I am "wacko" if this is not true.

But I find the most exiting thing about this is seeing someone post their picture and asking others their advice, thoughts, or to voice what they see, and areas where they can improve.

When I was in the "hot rod and roadster club" people would say, "oh, love that paint job, love the flames, or tires, wheels, etc, , but..........you know, louvers on the hood would go great with the radiator grille, etc.
And most of the time, they were right, and I found excellent "tips" on how to show the car off better, or make it look the best it can.

Ok, call me crazy.

Tristen Cox
12-21-2004, 11:43 PM
OK.........waiting for the "flames""!!:D

Ok you want flames?

Tristen Cox
12-21-2004, 11:43 PM

Marlene4a
12-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Some good examples:

Dana, showing off her nails. I found that thread informative, and gave me incentive.
Sharon with a great new avatar.
Joannadees, with new avatars, and looking great.

And of course, many others regarding clothes, make-up, leg shaving, and body shaving techniques, new methods, where to buy shoes, aquiring them and posting pics of how they look, etc.

Nina, had one of the best threads I have seen on this forum in a long time about "Maids uniforms" and pictures of those in them.
I mean this was just plain enjoyable to read and post to.

Again, Dana, had some very excellent ones, on make overs, nails, eye shadow, and other items, I would be interested in.

Has my thinking become warped ?

Bonnie-OR
12-22-2004, 12:09 AM
I see what you are saying, those type of threads have dropped a bit. I to find them very informative. Perhaps, like myself, folks have been so busy they haven't had much time to experiment or whatever. This is the first full night home in weeks for me, and I'm so tired I'm not even gonna get dressed. This time of year taxes our time and patience. I know for myself, I will feel a lot more girly after the stress of the season is gone. Just my opinion, any others? Huggs, Bonnie

Marlene4a
12-22-2004, 01:15 AM
Bonnie & Erica:

Yes, I agree it is a busy time now. However, we plan it a little different, and have for a couple of decades,
We are busy all year. Come Christmas time for us is a "quiet time" to reflect and be ourselves.

Thank you both for your input.

We all work hard. Relaxation is needed, so we can continue to work hard.
I guess some have different views of relaxation, but I find it in crossdressing and seeing others crossdress and enjoy doing it.

Or, maybe I just need a vacation. Who knows.

Marlene4a
12-22-2004, 02:05 AM
I totally agree Erica:

We need a good healthy "mix".
Seems like lately we have had an imbalance.

Thanks for that observation.

If I did not like the forum, I would just keep silent.

Fiona K
12-22-2004, 02:55 AM
Hi Marlene,
Good thread! Umm reasons?
I can only speak of what I see here since joining, that we go through some cylces, not surprisingly the boards were buzzing during the US election on that subject and we also see a lot of new members who are finding inspiration here- like me.

That inspiraton often leads to introspection and a need to think through what we are and who this girl is inside and we have found the most wonderful place to be free to talk about how we feel. Occasionally emotionally.

I too love to see the make-up and clothes threads and maybe as the girls get presents and have more time over the holidays we'll see more? I snatched an hour last week which resulted in my Av. and would LOVE to be able to dress for longer and to re-aquaint myself with the incredible peace I feel when Fiona is fully out. Home circumstances too get in the way- I wonder what the poll says about the proportion of those still in the closet?

Anyway, no flames!
Love
Fiona
xx

christine55
12-22-2004, 02:56 AM
Marlene, I see your point and agree, sort of, but sort of not. I love to post pics and I definately enjoy being a girl for a while. We definately could use more girl talk about how we can all get better at looking and feeling like women. but.......life is hard for us at times. Myself, I tend to withdraw and keep to myself but other girls want to vent or get some advice or comfort in a particularly difficult time. Becoming a girl is quite pleasant at times but there are very definate hardships and consequences in our lives which result from our dual natures and it is good to talk about the difficulties as well as the fun. We all need a little help at times, but as it has been so well put by another girl, we also "just want to have fun"
Hugs, Christine
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/redshoes.jpg

Tamara Croft
12-22-2004, 03:55 AM
Maybe theres so much advise on here already the girlz don't need to ask?!?!?

Plus it's nearly Christmas a lot of the girlz are busy with family stuff :)

Tamara x

willingsusan
12-22-2004, 04:40 AM
hi my name is susan im a cd and i live in australia, im a very new girl to these pages. i personnally cant wait to get home and get into my bra and undies and debate over which skirt to put on :cool: -after showering and putting on my errings whch i really enjoy wearing as it makes me feel femminine.when at home i tend not to wear stockings as in queensland we are in the middle of summer, average 35celcius daily! i also dont tend to put on full face makeup as i get up at the unforgiving hour of 0345am!!!! and i would hate to go out in the morning forgetting. oh my favourite bras at present are c thro ones so i can c my nipples -no breasts yet but am working on that (thinking of transfemme, any comments or suggestions warmly welcomed girls, as i repect the experience out there, this is why i joined to talk to like minded women), and my best panties are boyz cut pants or bikini. anyway i hope this something like u wanted and i wish all u ladies a wonderful christmas and a fantastic new year. luv suexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tristen Cox
12-22-2004, 05:25 AM
Welcome to the forum Susan! Ask anything you desire that's what we're here for. ;) Hope to see more of you and have a safe and Merry Christmas *hugs*

Love
Tristen

Tristen Cox
12-22-2004, 05:30 AM
but as it has been so well put by another girl, we also "just want to have fun"

Well said, and lovely pic as always Christine. When you're beautiful show it off
;)

*hugs*
Tristen

Donna Louise
12-22-2004, 05:55 AM
Marlene

I'm guilty as charged. I have post several asking for advice or to just get things off my chest because I needed some support from the ladies here.

With that said. I do have another question or more of a compliant. That darn eyeliner. I have a devil of a time getting it off. That stupid eyemake remover stings like h- when I get it in my eye with a q-tip. ;)

As for pics. Here is one of my favorites. I know it might be a little late but I guess it is better then never.

http://www.geocities.com/donna653001/navydress-1.jpg

I think it makes me look thin - I wish!

Hugs
Donna Louise

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Hi all
I enjoy it every time. Others have written comments that sum dressing up; for me its about feeling natural; looking real; being a little bit daring from time to time and being totally at ease being female. I've been a TV for as long as I can recal but have recently started to be a little more adventurous in where and what Jayne does. I have met a local guy who I meet up with to share thoughts and experiences. We have talked about our fettishs and even about acting them out; (in the interests of offending any one I wont go into details) Truth I enjoy walking with hime and thinking about what might happen. The whole TV thing for me is getting more interesting and exciting as I get older. In my earlier years I would dress to shock (not intentionally) and find my self with a few problems. Wandering around Glasgow alone in the mid 80's was ambitous !!! Now I think I've got a better dress sense and can plan to "shock" and be in control. I've been able to "Dress" all over the UK even in Europe when on vacation / business.
Hi Marlene
Dressing in a hot climate must be difficult. Here in the UK its nearly always cool enough (364 days of the year :confused: ) to be able to use make up to cover up and not have it run within minutes. I dressed in Corfu once but did not feal convincing so I gave it up !!!!

Julie
12-22-2004, 06:06 AM
Donna, that's a lovely photo, what's all this about wishing it made you look thin, I think you are perfectly proportioned girl. :)

Christine you said it all in one line, wonderful photo by the way.

Marlene this forum is a 'Broad Church' and there is room for all subjects here be they lifestyle, emotional, clothes, make-up tips etc.........

I comment on most things including the above and that's how this forum should be.

JJ

Donna Louise
12-22-2004, 06:21 AM
Sisters

I have an idea. Ok no blonde jokes :eek:

Some of the more senior members could tell me if this is possible. I will be thinking about it today working things out.

How about a monthly beauty contest? For 7 days pics are submitted. Some senior members would be judges. The would PM about who their top 10 pics are. One would submit a poll with pics of finalists. Voting would be for 14 days only. The winner announced to all with pic. Once you win you cannot win again for 6 months.

Six monthly winners would then be in run off for top 3. This is done twice. The top 6 would be in contest for Ms CD Forum of Year?

What do you think? Is is possible? I will also start a separate thread about this.

Merry Christmas
Donna Louise

Amelie
12-22-2004, 06:25 AM
I think it would be best if you did a poll on this to see how others feel.
Me,,I don't like a competition of any kind, even if it is for fun. Someone could have hurt feelings if they don't win, or worse, if they don't even come close to winning. This is just my opinion, take a poll and find out how others feel.
Amelie

Vickie-CD
12-22-2004, 06:27 AM
Speaking only for myself, not only do I enjoy x-dressing, I love it. It is such a big part of my life & I do have a full length photo from head to toe. Like the old saying, a picture is worth a thousand words (or something like that). But I do agree, it would be nice for people to talk about how dressing has fulfilled there life, and the enjoyment it has brought them. A very good point you brought up.
Hugs From,
Vickie

Julie
12-22-2004, 06:33 AM
What is meant about seniors, does it mean age, number of posts or time being here. As far as I'm concerned there are no seniors, we're all here as equals.

Amelie I think has again got it quite right in regard to this suggestion.

JJ

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-22-2004, 06:51 AM
I'm with Amelie; (Great pictue)

I dont mind competion but I dont really feel confident enough about fem-self to be in a contest.

Stephanie Brooks
12-22-2004, 07:32 AM
Hiya Tristen!

Source for the flame pics?! I assume they're mathematical/computer generated. Calculating minds want to know!!!!!

Amelie
12-22-2004, 07:35 AM
I'm with Amelie; (Great pictue)

I dont mind competion but I dont really feel confident enough about fem-self to be in a contest.

Thanks Jayne and Welcome to the forum, have fun.

NE-England,,Are you near Whitby, the gothic playground?

Love Amelie

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 08:36 AM
I agree with Marlene, I would like to see more CDing info here too. I know people are having personal problems with CDing, such as coming out to their wives, friends, etc. and I think those have a place here too. I have been on other forums that started out great but then went so far off topic, the regulars that used to post good info got frustrated and left. I wouldn't want this to happen here.

To be honest, many good threads disappear quickly off the first page, and many times they get lost. I think we sometimes tend to only look at the first page of threads, I am guilty of this myself at times.

I had a makeover 2 days ago, and I wasn't going to post about it or share pix from the day, but Marlene - you have inspired me to try again! So, let me get them together and look for a new post with pix....

DanaJ

Tristen Cox
12-22-2004, 08:48 AM
Hiya Tristen!

Source for the flame pics?! I assume they're mathematical/computer generated. Calculating minds want to know!!!!!

LOL I knew you could not miss those:D I was thinking about you when I saw them. Check your inbox for a pm ;)

Digitally generated love
Tristen

(oops that's not related to crossdressing is it)

genevieve_ohara
12-22-2004, 09:19 AM
Hi

I'm with you...as you may know, I like the makeup and appearance posts more than the self-examination and purging posts.

But the trouble is...this is a really smart group!

A thoughtful group, and group filled with individuals who are high-achievers, creative, and perhaps prone to angst.

We've graduated from high school baby. This is CDU.

Why don't you post some more sexy pics? Them I guarantee we'll all snap out of it!

Love

G

SatinSarah
12-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Ok you started a great thread. I personally want a healthy mix. Sometimes I just want to post a picture and talk about what to wear when I am girly, but at other times I want a bit deeper reflection on what it is all about and to know that other gilrs have the same hang ups as me- the same problems, desires, thoughts and fears. Since being here I have discovered there are so many other CDs the same as me and I feel at home. I skop the threads that I don't want to read. Its like flicking through the TV channels - you stop at a good one like this.

I love black satin silk undewear and then adding some sexy layers!

Sarah

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Hi Satin Sarah,

You look great in your black teddy. You have a great bum too.

I too prefer a healthy mix. I'd love to post a picture but you all look so good I feel inadequate. I have a self confidence problem even though some of the few TV friends I have say I'm convincing.

Since finding the group yesterday and ready lots and lots of threads I have discovered there are so many other CDs the same as me and I too feel very much at home. As a young TV when I was 16/17 (a long time ago) I honestly thought that I was the only TV on the planet. Really....

:)
Jayne

Georgette
12-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Hey I'm enjoying this more now than I ever have as my SO is in the loop and she is mostly supportive of it, but I have to play it cool.[/IMG]

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-22-2004, 09:52 AM
I've got it you look like a cross between Rizzo from Grease and Claire Sweeney from Brookside

Looking good.

x

Jayne

AnnaMaria
12-22-2004, 10:07 AM
I would have to say that I too enjoy seeing and hearing about all the different ways that the ladies here use to change their appearence to look more fem. It is inspiring and helpful. I even enjoy hearing about trips out into the world.

But, with the fem world comes a lot of emotion that just can't be avoided. And there are times when we just need a shoulder to cry on or an ear to bend just to relieve some of the tension and where better to find that than a place like this one. Where everyone is understanding and thoughtful.

I have visited many different sites like this one just to see what was going on and from that experience I must say that most of the girls that I have come across have seemed to be more high strung and analitical about everything. I think that for the most part cd's in general must be some of the smartest people in our society. We have to be in order to maintain two personalities within one body. And I know that some will say that they are the same person wheather dressed or not but if you stop and think about it you really do have to stop and remember how you are dressed when you go to walk, talk, or even potty for that matter. So there is a marked difference between the two, that must be maintained in order to keep your secret. If it is a secret.

So in the end you have to ask yourself would you rather have the group like it is or would you rather have a group where all we talk about is clothes and makeup and we have to hide our feelings about who we really are and have no real outlet for thoes feelings like it was before this group came along.

I don't want anyone to think that I am personally attacking them, because that is not my intention. In fact just the opposite. I truly hope that what I have said will bring some thought provoking consideration of how we should approach this question and maybe come up with some way between us that could be used to resolve the issue.

For instance, maybe we should get in touch with the webmaster and see if we could have the forum broken into more categories to reflect the broad rang of decusions that come to bare thus allowing topics to be viewed according to what each of us is interested in seeing each time we log in.
I would be more than happy to assist as a moderator since I do seem to spend so much time not only on line but also in the forum just watching what is going on. But if I were going to do something like this I would want to know that the rest of the girls here would be willing to accept me as a moderator because I really think that we should all be involved in the decision since it really is our forum and we are the ones that really make it what it is.

huggs
anna

RachelleMarlina
12-22-2004, 10:21 AM
Hi Erica:

It seems lately that we are posting threads about every subject other than crossdressing, i.e., the clothes we prefer, no full pictures of ourselves with various outfits, etc.

Seems more like mental and lifestyle threads and posts, or someone is purgeing or decides to not crossdress anymore.

For me it is a pshychological thing as I think about how I feel inside as well as how I look.

I feel I'm a girl whether in jeans and a tshirt or a miniskirt and nylons. I often think about how many women get up in the morning and go about their day without derogatory comments and homosexual references from general society.

On the other hand I've noticed how some women can't wait to get home to take off their dreaded nylons and heels whereas I, as well as a lot of other girls could wear them 24/7.

Basically what I'm saying is that this is more than just a kinky sexual fantasy for me. I've heard so many times "You just gotta go out and get what you want girl", but as many of us know it is easier said than done.

There are many things involved in a transition, such as family, friends, location, workplace and funds. If someone just jumped into transition they could be giving up a 75% satisfying life for a 25 or 30% satisfying life, and myself I would like to be closer to 100% as possible in either case.

I frequent this board almost everyday, there is some great comradery here, and have gotten to know a couple people here and this is my favourite message board as many of the people here are more down to earth than some of the other boards and chat rooms I've been to. I've read some really great posts and supportive replies here and I think it is a great place to get away from the pervs.

I get tired of hearing "Are you dressed?" Of coarse I'm dressed! (usually) Just doesn't matter what I'm wearing, I still feel who I am inside.

Well, these are just my opinions. I commend all the people who have either started their well going transition and support and wish the best for those who are still waiting.

Also thanks to those who have been supportive with advice, conversation or just a good old fashioned hug to me as well!

Rachelle

Tonia
12-22-2004, 10:25 AM
Ok you started a great thread. I personally want a healthy mix. Sometimes I just want to post a picture and talk about what to wear when I am girly, but at other times I want a bit deeper reflection on what it is all about and to know that other gilrs have the same hang ups as me- the same problems, desires, thoughts and fears. Since being here I have discovered there are so many other CDs the same as me and I feel at home. I skop the threads that I don't want to read. Its like flicking through the TV channels - you stop at a good one like this.

I love black satin silk undewear and then adding some sexy layers!

Sarah
SatinSarah, you look wonderful;) I very much like to see other Opinions and suggestions on make up and clothing and Pictures of All of the beautiful ladies on this forum. I love reading post about topics on dressing and make up and “G” you are one of the professionals that I’m talking about Keep those post and photo’s coming.

Hugs,Tonia:D

eleventhdr
12-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Who says indeed we do not still enjoy dressing and being a girl whenever we still can I just wish it was far more often. I also wish that they will come up with a pill that will allow us to change sex and stay that way without all of this primitive way that we have to go through now to get there. Oh to be a real girl!.

Sharon
12-22-2004, 10:57 AM
Marlene,
I agree with you wholeheartedly! The reason I hung around after discovering this site was the hope that I would learn something about improving my look, to be more "natural" in appearance. The only thing I have printed out and have referred to numerous times are G's "how to" tips. I haven't a hope of ever equaling her beauty, but she has helped me beyond my wildest dreams.

That said -- I enjoy a mix of topics. If we limited ourselves to beauty secrets and photos, I think the forum would soon whither away. How many tips can be made before we begin to repeat ourselves and grow bored. I enjoy reading of girl's accomplishments and tribulations. I want to learn everyone's backstory, why they are here and where they have been. I want to see humor in the threads and I hate to see us get so high-and-mighty that we dismiss the new and naive girls who stop and say hello.
I could do without the threads that belong in the Personal's area though. It would be a happy day when I can peruse the pages without blushing or gagging.
Thank you for beginning this thread Marlene. There's nothing written that we all have to agree on what is proper and what isn't. At least we know that we all want what is best for the forums.
Love,
Sharon

JAYNETHOMPSON
12-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi Eleventhdr,
Wouldn't this be just the real deal. A red pill for large boobs (sorry I love big boobs); a green one for long hair or long legs; the mind boggles. It does conjure images of the wrong person popping into your life at inoportune times; it could be fun.
x
Jayne

Who says indeed we do not still enjoy dressing and being a girl whenever we still can I just wish it was far more often. I also wish that they will come up with a pill that will allow us to change sex and stay that way without all of this primitive way that we have to go through now to get there. Oh to be a real girl!.

Donna Louise
12-22-2004, 02:09 PM
Sorry Ladies

I thougth it could be fun. I now see where it could cause problems. It was a spur of the moment Blonde thing, I guess.

Donna Louise

Paige Turner
12-22-2004, 06:19 PM
I really feel GREAT when dressed. I mean all is great with the world. It's my escape of sorts, a way to be another version of me.

Some people drink to escape, some people use drugs to escape. i escape my "drab" self by becoming enfemme. My alter ego Paige comes out and she doesn't care, "she" takes control and enjoys life every minute she is in the limelight. And I enjoy it every minute I get. (which isn't often lately :( )

It feels like the world is a different place when i'm dressed, it feels like I'm a new person. And I like it.

Paige

SilkenPrincess
12-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi Marlene,
This thread has made me think. I think I understand your initial point, but I also see something that I haven't heard anyone else say here or in any other thread since I joined recently. I have always recognized the Venus/Mars differences in the sexes. Women talk a lot more than men do about deeper things, as a general rule. What I see going on here is the true femininity of our sisterhood being able to be freely expressed without any fear of reprisal or rejection. This is incredibly refreshing to me, and goes a long way to satisfying my needs for personal expression, which I believe is why the average woman tends to talk more than the average man.
I can't dress. I really want to, but there are too many roadblocks in my way right now. I do get some benefit from reading of all of your, collective, experiences. I guess it's sort of "dressing in proxy". Maybe that doesn't make sense, but it is how I feel. Anyway, being able to talk about my femininity openly is therapeutic for me, because I know there is full acceptance of it here. I wish I had some pics to post for you, that would be a lot of fun. But my real reason for coming here is to enjoy the company of a the greatest group of gals I have ever known. I spend most of the time here just perusing what each of you has to say. I feel I know each of you better than I know in my heart is possible, and I want to say a big THANK YOU to all for being here! Y'all have given me something that I greatly cherish, acceptance.
Love,
SilkenPrincess

LauraB
12-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Hi all

Marlene
I suppose i might well fall into the catogory of postings that are not really about dressing and more about lifestyle issues and the whole area of theTgirl/CD community.

However our community is a very broad church with so many diverse sub communities tacked on. In this way we are no diff from any other community. The one thing that does make us a seperate community and unique from others is our love (for what ever reason) of Cross dressing.

Were this forum to be dedicated to just the pleasures of Cross dressinng i feel that the only result would be the fragmentation of our community with some of the current forum girls feeling that this divine place was not for them. Another point is that many of us learn such a lot from talking to other girls not just in the how,why what area of CD but from other girls posts on lifestyle issues.

looking back over some of my earlier posts i have come to the following conclusions
Some Examples from my own experience are that when i first started posting here i assumed that all the girls here were like myself or like the other CD's that i know. How wrong that idea was soon become apparent and i feel that interacting with other girls from across the world has taught me to be more open minded.
Ref on another thread Amelie and i traded ideas as to what each of us thought of the Gay/CD relationship. I learned that my own realtionships and my understanding of them were limited and possibly even unfair to the gay community and unfaithful to my own lifestyle.This has to make me stronger and a better person.

From various other threads i realised that i had stopped wearing stockings simply because tights were easier and more convenient. I have started to wear stockings again and have rediscovered just how sexy they make me feel and just how much more girly i feel with them on. They also make me realise that i really do love wearing them and will try to wear them more often. However i am addicted to short skirts so i will still have to wear tights or started buying longer skirts.

From all the many post on the dangers of going out at any time but mostly for the first time many new girls will have come to understand that outings need to be planned and precautions taken. But also that the pleasure of being out dressed is so fantastic and for many will be the pinacle of there Cd activity for others the start of other adventures.

I do appreciate the almost despertaion in your thread and i can understand that for many there might appear to be too much lifestyle rather than sheer dressing pleasure posts here. However that is the nature of the beast and at the moment many girls have had experiences that are at odds with the pure love of dressing scenario. This will change the balance will return to an earlier level or to a new one. That is also the nature of the beast, look at any group, institution, community or even political party over a longish period and one will see changes that are often diverse and appear to be at odds with the original intent of that community. That is what happens when a community grows and gains confidence in its self.

The reason why i love this community so much (and i really do mean love) is that we are so very unique. On other so called CD chat and forums one was bombarded with requests for Cybersex, personal information that had little to do with CDing and all to do with the personal gratification of the the person making the request. Our community has shown me that it is not about that side of life but all about being relaxed, confident and most important of all being one's self.
Long may it continue

In the future i will try to convey my love of being a girl in a more positive fashion and also to convey my love of girls clothes Which is still the main reason i do what i do.

Love
Laura
XXXXXXX

Fallen Angel
12-22-2004, 10:54 PM
hi just thought you would like an early picture of me and yes i agree showing our pictures does help us out in many ways some of the new ladies in our group may not be able to figure out some of the different threads yet(i dont know how to start one my self so lets be patiant and just have fun with it

Marlene4a
12-23-2004, 01:46 AM
I want to thank all of you, and at the same time COMMEND all of you for these excellent posts and answers to the thread here.

I agree with Erica that we also need other type posts that reveal the human element which is also a great part of our crossdressing, that includes some of the trials and tribulations we go through. We have seen things like this here on this forum in recent history.
Some of us are still going through some "tough times" with our spouses, and even unfortunately, during this holiday season. But again, it may not stop there.
I think most of us know about the heartache we receive when the kids find out. Maybe need to put paper on our windows while being crossdressed for fear neighbors can look in. Get "startled" when the doorbell rings, etc.

No doubt about it. All these things are very real, and we need to tell others about it. That is good therapy.
To me, crossdressing is NOT, my hobby. It is who I am. This is something that is a part of me, and something I must do to fullfill my activities here on earth. In other words, this is serious business.
Others, may not see it that way, and I respect that, and therefore keep it from them.
However, we are not alone, and I think like Erica, and most other girls that have posted on this thread agree, that "venting", talking, and crying on each others shoulders, reaching out for help, is VERY essential to this forum and provides good "therapy" if you will, ( and I don't mean that clinically), but therapy like sometimes I must go out and play a good run of golf for therapy. A "golf" attack if you will.
Talking to our sisters is very important regarding all aspects of our lives as crossdressers, no matter what chapters of this life we are going through.
This helps us get through the situation, by collectively getting each others opinions, and support.
There were times here, I ran to the aid of someone, offering my opinion about a situation they were going through, and hoped, and yes prayed, that what I, and others, said helped them.
There will be times ( guaranteed) I will need YOUR help.

But I feel there must be a balance in nature (lighthearted here now), and feel we need to post more pictures of ourselves, like Dana has on another thread. Not be top-heavy with the former subject but balance it with other things such as photos, questions about make-up, shoes ( where I need help) and various countless subjects that go with crossdressing.

It is not a matter of how great we look, or what we think of ourselves, but how we feel on the inside.
Let's face it, there is not another one of "US" anywhere else but here.

But I think posting pictures is also excellent therapy too. ( not clinical therapy, of course)

What I mean is, that if we don't feel like post a picture of ourself, then we should all respect that person who does not feel like they should or must, to be accepted here. We must make them feel comfortable too.

Please let me briefly address Donna Louise suggestion regarding a beauty contest.
God love you Donna, and your heart is in the right place, but I must agree with Amelie that people can get "hurt" very easily in these cases, and we certainly don't want that to happen. Good Idea ? yes, but I don't think it would fit here.
Amelie was just thinking of other people's feelings , like she always does, and we must respect that.

Sorry I was so long-winded, but I really appreciate all of your comments. They were all good ones.

Love

JoannaDees
12-23-2004, 12:38 PM
I think it would be best if you did a poll on this to see how others feel.
Me,,I don't like a competition of any kind, even if it is for fun. Someone could have hurt feelings if they don't win, or worse, if they don't even come close to winning. This is just my opinion, take a poll and find out how others feel.
Amelie

I agree completely ... stop calling yourself "not bright" you ... and go one step further with that's not a good activity.

Sweet Susan
12-24-2004, 02:23 AM
Well, Marlene, you certainly know how to mix it up, don't you.

I think the idea of a contest is a great one, but only if Randi doesn't enter, because she's too much competition for me. BTW, where is Randi? I know she kind of bowed out a few days ago with a reply about "Ignore Me," and we haven't heard from her since then. Strange.........

Anyway, Marlene, you've got 'em riled up, and that's a good thing.

Merry Christmas to everybody!!!!

Marlene4a
12-25-2004, 05:46 AM
Hi Susan:

Merry Christmas.
Thanks for your input.

I submit for your approval, that sometimes there are good things that emerge from people being riled up.

Being "ruffled a bit", and, if you will, can sometimes be the answer to a potential problem, and this action can be a cure, on the road to finding a way to the answer.

Who is Randi?

Good to see you.

Me

Tristen Cox
12-25-2004, 06:26 AM
Well, Marlene, you certainly know how to mix it up, don't you. I think the idea of a contest is a great one, but only if Randi doesn't enter, because she's too much competition for me.

This is the Randi that we came to see in the wedding dress pictures. A bit of name confusion. No worries though.

BTW, where is Randi? I know she kind of bowed out a few days ago with a reply about "Ignore Me," and we haven't heard from her since then. Strange.........

This is the Randie(in Canada) that posted a thread and then changed it to 'ignore me'. She had posted her troubles in another section of the forum, and didn't get many responses from people so she took it like we were ignoring her. Of course we weren't but thats how she felt.
Anyhow to answer your question Marlene and Susan, I have corespondence via e-mail with her. She's doing fine. Been very busy as most of us have with the season.

Hope that clears things up a bit. It's bound to happen in such a large community.

Love ya'll
Tristen

Marlene4a
12-25-2004, 06:33 AM
Thanks Tristin:

Yes, I wondered who Randi was that Susan was referring to.
I guess I missed her posts.

She must have been a "looker" though, according to Susan.

Merry Christmas Tristin, and again, thanks for clearing this up.

Me

susanmaid
12-25-2004, 06:41 AM
This has been a very revealing and fascinating discussion.It has been very wide ranging,full of interesting ideas and suggestions.I am inclined to let the existing format remain.as I do not think in the long run there would be a wortwhile benefit for us all.What I think is so importntant to bear in mind is that so many girls find it necessary to raise points which are troubling them but which some of usmore experienced girls might tend to think are trivial or boring.We are here to help each other and in doing so benefit ourselves.Susanmaid.

Marlene4a
12-25-2004, 04:18 PM
I agree with you Susan.

Where else can you go, and "tell it like it is" , and everyone understand what you are saying, and may offer advice that you can use and put into practice?

Yes, right here.
But, good photos, taken in good taste is a good way to tell it like it is too.

We should be a well rounded group, and be able to discuss what we want freely, and share photos with those that appreciate them. It does the one sharing photos a world of good too.

Thanks for the good post.