PDA

View Full Version : Surgery Update

Taylor105
09-10-2006, 09:58 AM
Well guys,

The deed is done. The toe is gone. I am not in as much pain as I thought I might be. I saw my foot for the first time on Friday when the bandages were removed. I am glad I was sitting down. It was freaky to see it and I almost fainted. It's not pretty. lol I am having the stitches removed this Friday and after that I am pretty much healed. I can walk just fine. I did not shave and noone said a word about it. So thanks for the good vibes and pleasant thoughts. Also for the advise. Hugs to all!! Taylor

Holly
09-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi Taylor... glad the surgery went well and that your okay! You'll be up and around in no time :hugs: .

mistunderstood
09-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Glade every thing worked out.

Marlena Dahlstrom
09-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Glad things went well. I'm sure you'll be up and about in no time.

As far as looking at it, it is disconcerting to see a big change in your body like that. (My surgical scar took a bit of getting used to, so I can only imagine what it's like to see something missing. ) But for me, after awhile it become the new "normal."

CaptLex
09-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Glad it's all over now, Taylor - it's good to have you back. I'm sure it must have been a strange experience (I can only imagine). Hope all is well. :thumbsup:

Adam
09-11-2006, 04:37 AM
glad it went well and welcome back :D

Kate Simmons
09-11-2006, 07:45 AM
Hope you will feel better Taylor. Love you to bits.:love: Ericka Kay

Felix
09-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Hi Taylor...Well done on ya op and glad ya recovery is going well :hugs: xx

EricaCD
09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
Welcome back and get well soon!

Love,
Erica

KrazyKat
09-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Whew, glad all is well, Taylor, and you are making with the speedy recovery!!
Glad you're back, man!!:thumbsup:

Kat

Taylor105
09-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks everyone. You guys and girls are just amazing. I'm glad I have all of you in my corner. :) I am amazed at how quickly I have recovered. The stitches were removed Friday and I am back into normal shoes and walking with no limp whatsoever. It feels really good to be able to wear different pairs of shoes with no pain. I know I'm a guy but the one thing I love that would seem kinda girly is shoes. All guys shoes of course but I have ten pairs of Doc Martens and was unable to wear any of them due to the pain. They were too heavy. The only pair I could wear before the surgery was a pair of lightweight Adidas shoes. I am a werdo who likes to wear different shoes every single day so it was hard. lol But now my foot feels better than it has in my whole life. No phantom pains either. I do feel an itch from time to time in the area that the toe was. I go to itch it and the toe is not there. :yikes: But all in all everything has gone wonderfully and I am thankful to have a bunch of friends like you who support me through everything. Big hugs and stuff. Taylor

Holly
09-17-2006, 08:33 AM
Wow, Taylor, you recovery have been amazing and I'm happy that it has gone so well for you. It's so nice to see you up and about and wearing the shoes that you like. Health and happiness to you :hugs:.

Taylor105
09-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks sweetness!! :) Taylor

CaptLex
09-17-2006, 09:13 AM
I know I'm a guy but the one thing I love that would seem kinda girly is shoes. All guys shoes of course . . .
I know what you mean. I have plenty of sneakers and sandals, but I can't stop myself from buying more if I see a different one I like. The girls like their heels, and we like our shoes, I guess. So happy you're now able to wear all the shoes you want. :thumbsup: