PDA

View Full Version : I Need Advice

moniquecd18
12-21-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi i have just turned 18 and am looking for help in dressing and makeup. i have never went out and am scared to buy items at the store. Can anyone help me.

Bonnie-OR
12-22-2004, 12:58 AM
Welcome aboard. The best advice I can give is to read thru what these girls have to say. Tristan posted a thread of links a while back that has a ton of shopping sites, advice sites, etc. The girls here are founts of wisdom from all walks of life and all ages. Being too many years older than you, what works for me, may not work for advice wise, but I'm sure there will be a bunch of our sisters that will be willing to help with any questions you may have. As for shopping, not many will dispute the deals at EBAY. Personally, I like a small auction sight at femmfatal. Go to femm.com, hit links, and find the auction sight in the column on the right hand side. Good luck to you, and take advantage of finding yourself while you're young. Look forward to hearing more from you. Huggs, Bonnie

GraceUSA
12-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Monique, first of all welcome to the group. There is a great bunch of gals here with lots of experience to learn from. As for shopping, I tend not to be shy any longer in the shops and a number of local clothing stores know I'm a CD. It was very hard to get over the neverousness at first but its rather easy now. I personally like shopping at stores than online. At first because cash is completely untracable and I could hide items in my trunk (boot) if my roommate was home when I got home from shopping. Also returns are much easier if an item doesn't fit right. And lastly, those girls that work in the shops are way cute (also became the reason I let them know I was shopping for myself, didn't want to let them think I was already taken. :) )

I personally found it much easier the first couple of times shopping to go to an all womens clothing store. I found that otherwise I was shopping on the mens side and taking very quick peeps on the womens side and thats no way to do any shopping for things you want. :) I also find women just more comfortable to work with at the stores. Also go to a store thats not in your local area, that way you will not have the fear that someone might see you. And if a store clerk offers help, take it. They have years of experience dressing in womens clothes compared to the very few I have.

Grace

Tristen Cox
12-22-2004, 01:48 AM
As Bonnie said:
The girls here are founts of wisdom from all walks of life and all ages.
There's a couple girls here like KewTnCurvy or Genevieve that can help you w/make-up, but I don't single them out as others are expressly good as well.

Tristen posted a thread of links a while back that has a ton of shopping sites, advice sites, etc.
I am Tristen, and I approved this message:D (see below for link)

Celeste GG
12-22-2004, 07:20 AM
Now is the best time to hit the shops and ask stupid questions... "you're buying a present for your sister and want to make sure it's the right thing"

Oh yes your sister swims a lot so has a broard back ...or tall and plays basketball. *winks*

Tristens links should keep you busy and off the streets for a while too.

Only 18, don't make it your only obsession... It is very important to get life experience and become a well rounded, educated person.

Vickie-CD
12-22-2004, 09:10 AM
Monique, you are 18 and have your whole life ahead of you, I agree with Celeste, put a lot of variety in your life and enjoy all that life has to offer. as far as make-up, etc......
you can finds tons of info here and elswhere on the net, I think the best teacher is experiance, and you have plenty of time to get that, and you will also learn from your mistakes, but those mistakes teaches us a great deal. It will all fall into place for you over time. Best of luck!! (damn, I can't even remember what it feels like to be 18)
Wish you the Best,
Vickie
P.S. Welcome to the best place on the net

SatinSarah
12-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Welcome and enjoy. I wish |I had the kind of support you will get here when I was 18 and on my own at home with parents trying to come to terms with my CDing. Just explore yourself and ask on this site. You will get lots of lovelly girls helping you.

genevieve_ohara
12-22-2004, 09:31 AM
Monique, welcome

As for makeup, I don't wear any.

Prefer the natural look.

Love

G

Vickie-CD
12-22-2004, 09:38 AM
One other thing I would like to mention, know what you are getting into, there are a lot of pervs and wierdos out there , not to mention the "good ole boys" with all that hatred, anger and prejudice. We have all probably encountered this. I do not mean to be discouraging at all, just a sad part of this world we live in, but there are also a lot of good people. Alice Cooper had a song "I'm 18", Alice is cool, good song too!
Vickie

Vickie-CD
12-22-2004, 09:46 AM
Monique, welcome

As for makeup, I don't wear any.

Prefer the natural look.

Love

G

Genevieve, I almost fell out of my chair when I read you did not wear any make-up, you look GREAT girl!!!!!!! and no make-up. Why could I not be so blessed??? You are truley amazing in the best sense of the word.
Luv U All,
Vickie :)

Tonia
12-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi i have just turned 18 and am looking for help in dressing and makeup. i have never went out and am scared to buy items at the store. Can anyone help me.

Monique,

You just helped your self !!

1. INTERNET

2. On line Shopping

3. Hopefully you have a job to pay for it.

4. If you’re worried about Packages coming to your Home Try a PO.BOX

Hope this Helps Tonia ;)

Sharon
12-22-2004, 11:18 AM
Hi Monique! Welcome to your new part-time home!
As expressed so well by a couple of the other girls, take your time. Don't feel you need to instantaneously find clothing and go out in public. Take the time to do it right! And safely!!!
If you don't feel comfortable buying items in person, then the net has many places to buy, as shown in Tristen's links. If you live at home still and don't wish to have packages delivered there, consider renting a mail box at your post office or a local mail drop.
Good luck Sweetie, and let us know how you're doing in your quest.

Sharon

windycissy
12-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Monique,

Buying things online is great if you have a credit card and you live alone, but at your age I'm guessing that might present a challenge.

You can buy everything you need with cash at local stores. Of course, if you live in a small town where everybody knows you, this is another challenge. That's one of the reasons I love living in the big city.

For makeup, Cover Girl products are relatively inexpensive and I swear by them. Buying everything you need all at once can be embarrassing, but if you throw one item into your basket each time you go to the supermarket, it will look like you are picking up that lipstick or compact for somebody else. Ditto for pantyhose.

As for clothes, hurry up and go Christmas shopping for that "special someone" - only two shopping days left with the perfect excuse to buy a dress! And if you miss Christmas, there's always Valentine's Day, which is great cover for buying yourself some sexy lingerie.

If you're looking for specific tips, send me an email at windycissy@yahoo.com and I'll try to answer your questions on my internet advice column, Ask Windy Cissy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

Julie
12-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Monique, there are some make-up hints on the link below but as mentioned earlier search the web, there's oodles of info just waiting for you to find it.

http://www.tgcosmetics.com/tips/tips.htm

JJ

Julie York
12-22-2004, 01:51 PM
Excellent link! Should be posted in big red letters somewhere. That's the sort of site I've been looking for. (Goes away to study).
Maybe I should have studied Tristans link page better. It's prbably in there. But I got lost in the underwear section . Often happens.