PDA

View Full Version : Fall is soon upon us!

Jennaie
09-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Just got the JC Penny fall sale catalog. Is this not an adorable outfit? I wonder if they have the swirl skirt in a dark brown? Then I could wear my dark brown boots with it.:happy:

It's all Inside!

I wonder how they knew?

admirerplus GG
09-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Jennaie,

Love the look. The faded plaid jacket, skirt and boots are fabulous. Go for it!

This is a great time of the year to pull out all the earth tones, the knits and the heavier weight fabrics. Hope you enjoy the fall season.

dancer1
09-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Great outfit Its All inside, sounds like a responce from Karren or sarah rabbit.:heehee: :heehee: :hugs: Nadeen

GG Vanya
09-10-2006, 07:24 PM
As a person who used to suffer from SAD (seasonal affective disorder) I always dreaded the coming of Fall. Better living through modern medicine has greatly improved my attitude.

Where others saw the leaves turning and said "oh what beautiful colors", I looked and thought "beautiful? they're dying!"

This is the first year in many that I'm excited about Fall. There's nothing more romantic than a chilly night with a fire in the fireplace.

Trudi once wrote a piece of prose about the welcoming scent of the fireplace smoke as she pulled into the driveway after a long day at work.

I've always tried to have a fire going when she arrives home, as a welcome, but never realized she recognized it for what it was.

Bring on the cold weather with boots, sweaters and scarves! I'm ready this year!

JD Jade Dream GG
09-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Vanya,
You are truly a romantic soul.

angelfire
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Quite frankly, I hate fall. I love spring & summer, I just find the fall and winter weather up here in Canada to be so depressing. Always dark and gloomy, not sunny. Just feels so crappy

GG Vanya
09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Just out of curiosity Angel, have you ever utilized a sunbed? If so, did you find your mood changing~happier?

There *is* a scientific reason for SAD. It is based on the shorter days and less exposure to sunlight.

http://www.ncpamd.com/seasonal.htm

I've read that SAD occurs more frequently in Alaska than any other place.

You might benefit from checking into SAD. I did.

angelfire
09-10-2006, 08:36 PM
I would consider myself to have the 'milder' or 'average' amount as described by the site. I hate getting out of bed in the winter because my bed feels so cozy, and warm, and outside is cold. I don't think I quite become depressed, but more 'down'. It isn't debilitating, I can still function fine, I just prefer the summer and spring, as the sun and heat make me feel happier and better.

and No, I have never tried a sun-bed.

ColleenCD
09-10-2006, 08:39 PM
It took a long time to admit that I like the fall season because winter is on it's heels. But it is beautiful as are the colors that designers use in the fall line up. The chocolates and pinks are gorgeous. JCP is on my list too.

Colleen

KateW
09-10-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm kind of looking forwards to it, because it means I can start shaving below my knees again, and wearing tights under my trousers! :-)

eleventhdr
09-10-2006, 08:47 PM
I really do hate winter!

Jay Suzy!

AmberTG
09-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Ah yes, fall and hunting season, the smell of wood smoke, the cool nights, the smell of the leaves after a rain, the constallation Orion in the night sky.... unfortunately, it leads to winter, the cold, the snow, it's dark by 5pm, slippery roads, ickk

Kristen Kelly
09-10-2006, 09:22 PM
I love the Spring and Fall, the warm days and cool nights. I do miss the longer day light hours.....but work slows down (end of Christmas production) and I get out earlier so I can enjoy it.

angelfire
09-10-2006, 09:48 PM
The exact opposite for me. Wrk starts to pick up in november as people need to do christmas shopping, so I get really busy.

And the shoes I wore last winter has very poor soles, and I was constantly slipping on ice and falling on my ass. Not fun.

ArleneRaquel
09-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Well I guess I will have to shop for Fall Fashions---Darn it !--- I hate to shop for "girly things" ! :love: From Katrina -Shopping for " girly things " until I drop

KarenSusan
09-11-2006, 12:17 AM
The Warrior of Winter gives his cold triumphant shout.
-Tom Rush

Caitlintgsd
09-11-2006, 12:39 AM
I love that Jacket in the pic. I already have skirts like that one. I love the fall and winter. But then, we don't get Arctic blasts down here by the Mexican Border either. Which is why I moved from Milwaukee.

Tina Dixon
09-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Some times I wish I was a bear and forget that time of the year:mad: It would be a nice jacket though.