PDA

View Full Version : earings

heather 35
12-22-2004, 08:38 AM
hi heather here again
am going out new years eve and have decided to go out femme,but really wanted to get my ears pierced so as i could wear proper earings instead of clip-ons. Could anyone tell me if it hurts and would it be poss to put new earings in straight away? Also am thinking of getting my naval done at the same time .anyone had any experience? write soon

LUV HEATHER XXXXX

genevieve_ohara
12-22-2004, 08:58 AM
I have two earrings in each ear, and a belly-button ring.

None of them hurt at all.

As far as leaving the studs in for like, 2 months, I never did.

I'd pull 'em out for business, sometimes within 2-3 days of getting them put in. And I'd change out earrings all the time.

They always went right back in, even though sometimes I had to make a new hole on the backside!!! Yikes!

The key, though, is good metals and cleanliness. Just use gold, and wash your hands, then splash the antiseptic rinse on your hands, the earrings and your ears before you make any changes.

Next? A teeny tiny nose jewel!

G

Disclaimer: Genevieve Ohara is not a doctor. Nor does she play one on TV. She is, however a TV. Or a CD. So before taking her advice remember how silly it would be to risk your life or your ears by taking the advice of a ditzy blonde who is only blonde thanks to wigs and...oh never mind

DanaJ
12-22-2004, 09:01 AM
...and wash your nads... Yikes!!! Is that really necessary - well at least for putting in earrings? :D

Edit: No fair G, you went back and editted!

DanaJ

genevieve_ohara
12-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Damn...you caught the typo BEFORE editing.....

Well, washing your nads is always a good thing anyway.

heather 35
12-22-2004, 09:08 AM
thanks genevieve,
did the bellybutton piercing hurt as i have just rung to make an appointment?
had'nt thought of a nose stud ?but who knows tomorrow?
LUV HEATHERXXXX

AnnaMaria
12-22-2004, 09:13 AM
Heather,

I have had my left ear pierced for about 14yrs. The first time I had it done it didn't hurt but after a few months I changed studs and the ear got infected due to cheap metal. So I had to let it grow closed and had it redone. The second time I told the girl to go through the first hole and it hurt like hell. The whole side of my face turned bright red for several hours. And now 14yrs later no matter what I do I can't get it to close so I am considering having to other side done to match the first. Of course I will do it after the holidays so as not to attract to much attention from the family but that is beside the point.

It really shouldn't hurt at all. Most of the places use a gun that literally shoots the ear ring through your ear and into the ear ring back in a split second. No time for it to really hurt. And as far as changing it. Well I wouldn't but then I have really senisitive ears and it makes buying ear rings for me very difficult. But then I also see it from the medical side due to the army so as long as you make sure that you steralize everything before you start just like Genevieve suggested you should be ok. Just keep the old saying in mind. "Cleanliness is nest to Godliness" and you should be ok. But I would recomend leaving the starter pair in for at least 24 hrs before trying to change them so that your ears have a little time to settle and reduce the swelling from the initial shock. There will be a little even if you can't see it and it will probably make things a little harder to change.

hope this helps.

huggs
anna

genevieve_ohara
12-22-2004, 09:29 AM
Great advice AnnaMaria

Also Heather, no the naval piercing didn't hurt any more than getting a shot at the doctor's office...

So sexy! I love it!

G

Georgette
12-22-2004, 09:36 AM
Gennie your foot note had me laughing so hard my TTs were bouncing.

Sharon
12-22-2004, 11:32 AM
I tell myself one day to just go out and get the ear's pierced, and then I reconsider the following day! I'll probably end up doing it on a whim one day.
When you have your ears pierced, don't you need to wear posts for some time, until the hole heals? If you were to have your ears pierced today, I don't think you would be able to wear anything that had any weight to them for a few weeks, or else you're opening yourself up for a higher risk of infection.

Julie
12-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Disclaimer: Genevieve Ohara is not a doctor. Nor does she play one on TV. She is, however a TV. Or a CD. So before taking her advice remember how silly it would be to risk your life or your ears by taking the advice of a ditzy blonde who is only blonde thanks to wigs and...oh never mind G

Glad you put this in G, not all here are aware that these are not sanctioned words of advive but at least you're now not liable. :)

JJ

heather 35
12-22-2004, 11:58 AM
thanks for all the advice ,
have just got back from the piercers, my ears did'nt hurt but just tingled a bit.piercer said i would have to keep sleepers in for a few days and just keep twisting them. my naval on the other hand hurt like hell and is still tender,but i see what you mean about it feeling sexy.am now going to try on new years eve outfit as i have now got something to show off my new short top and skirt for
LUV HEATHER

P.S seriously thinking about nose stud tomorrow?